The Day After

The Way We Used To Be

A bright light shines through the window and onto Taecyeon face as the sun rise up to the skies.  Blinded by the bright sun, Taec slowly opens up his eyes.  He tries to sit up but something was weighing him down.  He turns his head back down to the bed and sees Guigui sleeping on his arm.   He slowly turns this head, not wanting to make any sudden moves and wake up Guigui; he looks at the clock.  “Oh, it’s only 7:10 am; I guess I should let her sleep awhile longer since we were up pretty late last night.  She must be tired,” Taec whispered to himself.  He slowly lay back down next to her and enjoyed the beautiful view, tracing his fingers along her face as he wanted to remember this moment for the rest of his life.  He didn’t want to forget a single moment that he had shared with her. 

 

“Aahhh, I should take some pictures,” he thought to himself as he slowly turns his body and reached for his phone that was sitting next to the bed on the night stand.  He turns on his camera phone and began taking pictures of them lying next to each other.  He squeezed his face in as closely as he could with hers while trying not to wake her up.  Afterwards, he decided that he should take some pictures of Guigui alone while sleeping.  As he was happily clicking away and taking photos of her, he suddenly realized that this may be the last time.  As that thought crossed his mind, he suddenly felt a pain in his chest, his eyes became watery.  He slowly removed Guigui’s head from his arm without waking her up and gently set it down on the pillow.  He stood up and walked away into the bathroom.  “How many more days do I have left before she leaves? Maybe 6, no 5 days left at best if not sooner,” he thought to himself as he washes his face. 

 

Taecyeon comes back out to the bedroom after 15 minutes of thinking and washing his face to notice that Guigui was no longer sleeping in his bed.  He glances around the room to see if she was still in his room.  Unfortunately, Guigui was woken up by the sound of running water and had left a few minutes before Taecyeon had made his way out.  He lets out a sign of disappointment and goes back into the bathroom to take a shower. 

 

As Taecyeon slowly made his way downstairs, he sees that Guigui was already sitting at the table waiting. 

 

“Good morning oppa, did you sleep well?” Guigui asked with a smile on her face.

 

“Huh, oh yeah, I did.  Thank you,” Taec replied back.

He came and sat across from Guigui and they began having their breakfast together. 

 

“How long am I going to enjoy days like this with her again?” Taec thought to himself.  “Will she really leave and never come back?  Knowing her, even if she did come back, she would never tell me unless I see her.  Is father just going to let her leave again? I swear, when I need him the most, he has to leave.” Taecyeon shakes his head to get those thoughts out of his head, not realizing that Guigui is staring at him.

 

“Oppa, is everything ok.  You seem a little off today?” Guigui asks.

 

Before Taec could answer, the doorbell rang and the maid goes to answer the door.  A few moments later, Nichkun comes to the dining room.

“Yo, wassup,” Nichkun greeted them.  “Are you almost ready?  I have a lot planned for us today.”

 

“Oh really, hummmm….. I guess I am done.  Just let me go change and grab my purse.” Guigui responded.

 

“What the heck, that’s right.  How could I have forgotten that she was going out with Nichkun,” Taec thought to himself again.

“So where are you taking her?” Taec asked Nichkun.

 

“I’m not telling, knowing you, you will follow us and never leave us alone.” Nichkun answered back with a smirk on his face.  “Don’t forget, today I get to accompany Guigui for the whole day.  I didn’t bother you two yesterday so today; I would appreciate it if you would do the same.”

 

“What are you going on about?” Taec asked in a raised irritated voice.  “Were you…” Taec calmed his voice down and began in a low soft whispering sound, “Were you serious?  I mean about your feelings toward Guigui?  Were you really serious?” Taec voice now sounding sad and trembling.

 

Nichkun turned and looked Taecyeon in the eyes and opened his mouth to speak.

 

“I’m ready,” Guigui shouted as she slowly stepped down the stairs.  Both men turned towards her and as Taecyeon was about to go help her, Nichkun had already rushed to her side to help her down the stairs.

 

“You look exquisite,” Nichkun replied while looking at Guigui with an approving smile.

 

“Thank you, you don’t look too bad yourself,” Guigui answered jokingly with a giggle.  “So, where are we going?”

 

“It’s a secret.  You’ll know when we get there.” Nichkun answered.  He then released her arm and held out his bent arm gesturing for Guigui to link her arms with his.  She smiles and does so with a smile on her face. 

 

“There were no signs of hesitation or awkwardness towards the two of them.  When have they become so close?” Taec thought to himself.  Taec stares on without a word as Nichkun leads Guigui outside and into his car.  They drive off leaving Taecyeon alone, lost in his own thoughts.