Hanging Out

The Way We Used To Be

While focusing her sight towards the ground, Guigui turns the corner of the house to make her way back to the party.  She suddenly bumps into someone and looks up.  She sees Jay and Nichkun standing there.  She quickly forced a fake smile onto her face so they won’t suspect anything. 

 

“Are you alright?” Nichkun asked with a concern look on his face.

 

“Yeah Guigui, you okay with that?” Jay questioned.  “Are you really just gonna walk away after Taecyeon told you that he loved you?  Are you not even gonna try to make your marriage work? ”

 

“Wh…what!?” Guigui asked with her eyes wide open at Jay’s question.  “How much of our conversation did you hear?”

 

“That’s not…….”Jay quickly replied but Nichkun cuts Jay off before he could finish.

 

“We’ve been here the entire time.  Sorry for ease-dropping on you two but you know..” Nichkun pauses for a moment before continuing.   “Taecyeon really do love you.”

 

“Hummm…..I wonder…”Guigui answered softly with a complex look on her face as she looks down, losing herself in her own thoughts for a moment.  “Awww wait..that means……you …heard…………….everything!?” Guigui responded as she quickly raises her head up again.  After a few seconds she gives them a smile.  “Oh well, guess there is no helping it.” Guigui answered trying to sound as bubbly as she could.  “Anyways, it’s impossible for Taecyeon and me to be together.  We just don’t fit.” Guigui answered while soft chuckle while waving her hand.  “We should get back.  Chansung, Wooyoung, and Junho must be wondering where we all left too.”

 

“But Guigui………” Nichkun let out.

 

“Please…….just drop it.” Guigui answered back trying to fight back the tears from coming down in a lonely, quiet, and sad voice.  “I just want to enjoy today with everyone.  I just…..…I just want to make as much happy memories as I can with everybody here before I go back home,” Guigui replied after a moment later with a much brighter voice then a few second ago.

 

“Sure, ok then!  Let’s go back and eat till our stomach explodes and drink until we passed out,” Jay answered with the most joyful and excited tone that he could do at that moment.  He forces a smiled on his face and then glance at Nichkun.

 

“Huh, oh hum……YEAH!!!!   Tonight we are going to party like there’s no tomorrow!” Nichkun shouted, trying to sound as excited as he possible could.

 

“Hahahahaha,” Guigui lets out a laugh while wiping away a tear from her face.  “You guys are so weird sometimes!  You don’t need to push yourself for me sake, although I do appreciate the gesture.  Now then, let’s just be normal.” Guigui turns and continued to walk back to the barbeque while laughing.

Shortly after Guigui, Nichkun, and Jay had reach the barbeque, Taecyeon and Yoona both came walking back.  Yoona was holding onto Taec’s arm with a smile on her face.  They take a sit on the long bench, further away from everybody else.  Guigui glances over by them and sees Yoona lying down on Taecyeon’s laps as he gently pets her back.  Taec looks up and notices Guigui staring, Guigui quickly turns away for a moment and then turns back to him.  Taec’s eyes have not yet left Guigui and their eyes meet again.  They both stare at each in an awkward situation, unable to remove their eyes from one another; Guigui manages to give Taecyeon a smile. 

 

Taecyeon felt himself beginning to blush and so he turns and looks the other way.   Guigui, relieved that Taecyeon finally looked away let out a little sign.  She can feel her heart beating at a rapid pace. 

 

“I just don’t understand Taec sometimes,” Jay said to Guigui, making her realized that Jay and Nickhun had been staring at the both of them.  “He just declared his love to you and yet……and yet he is there being lovey dovey with Yoona.  Doesn’t make sense at all; no wonder you don’t believe him.”

 

“What do you expect, she is his first love,” Nichkun answered back with a smile while looking at Jay and then at Guigui.  “It must be really difficult for him right now; having to choose.  Either way, he will end up hurting and breaking the heart of someone who is very dear to him; whether that person is someone who he once loved or the person who he is currently in love with.”

 

Listening to what Nichkun had just said; Guigui stares back at Taecyeon without saying a single word. “He must be having such a hard time right now.  Maybe I shouldn’t have come back after all; if I hadn’t……he…he probably wouldn’t be place in such a difficult situation.” Guigui thought to herself.

 

“Don’t sympathize with him Nickhun.  It’s his own damn fault for falling in love with two different women.” Jay answered back, snapping Guigui out of her thougths.

 

Nichkun lets out a laugh before answering, “I suppose you’re right.  He is an idiot for letting that happen.”  Nickhun pauses for a second before continuing, “However, you can’t control who you fall in love with; I can understand that part.  I guess it just depends on how you chose handle it, and right now, Taec isn’t doing such a good job, is he.”

 

“Damn right he isn’t.  I can’t believe him, he should just leave Yoona.  It’s pretty obvious that the person who he is in love with is Guigui.  Why make things so complicated.” Jay responded.

 

“You’ve never been in love, have you Jay?” Guigui asked softly with a smile.

 

“Huh?  Ahhhh………..no I haven’t.  But if I were, I would do anything to protect the person who I am in love with and not hurt them; I know that much.  I wouldn’t care

who I hurt because for her, I can do anything just to keep her smiling.  I don’t want to be the person who causes her to lose her smile and take her shine away.” Jay pauses for a moment then continue with what he was saying in a soft, sad voice while lowering his head.  “Like how Taec has made you lose yours.”

 

“Huh!?” Guigui asked surprised.  “Have I really lost my smile?  That’s odd; I think I am always smiling.”

 

“You are……but….anybody who knows you knows that it’s fake.  You are just forcing yourself because you don’t want people to worry.  But we all know the truth.  I can’t remember the last time that I actually really saw you smiling and laughing sincerely, instead of forcing yourself.  Also, I remember when I first met you.  You had such a bright presence.  But after being married to Taec, it seemed as though he had slowly away your shine.  Every time I see you, you just seemed so……so lifeless.  You weren’t the same person I remember meeting anymore.” Jay responded.  “There have been times when I felt so bad for you that I just wanted to beat up Taec, but then again, he is one of my closest friends.”

 

“Is that so?” Guigui asked tilting her head.  “Hmmm……..Jiro and them never said or mention anything like that to me before.”

 

“That’s probably because they wanted to give you time to heal.  They understand that you had been through a lot and so, they’re probably just waiting until you are ready to talk to them about it.  They know that no matter how much they force you to tell them, you would just deny everything and pretends to be ok.” Nichkun answered.  “There’s no way they couldn’t see through your fake smile, especially since they’ve known you much longer and much better than we do.”

 

“Hmmmmm….hahaha maybe you’re right.” Guigui answered with a laugh followed by a smile on her face.  “I really do have great friends, including all of you.”  Guigui raises her can of beer.  “THANK YOU EVERYBODY, FOR COMING.  I AM BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH WONDERFUL PEOPLE IN MY LIFE.  GAMBEI!!!!”

Everybody raises their beer shouting GAMBEI, hitting it amongst each others can before finishing it in one shot.  Taec stares at them from a distance with jealousy.  He wanted to go join them but he couldn’t, Yoona had drunk too much and wasn’t feeling well.  He had offered to take her home earlier but she refused.  She wanted to stay since Guigui was still there.

 

“That should me be me instead of being Jay and Nichkun.” Taec thought to himself.  “I was the one who planned all of this, but in the end, they’re the ones who get to enjoy it with Guigui.  It just isn’t fair, especially when Guigui will be returning back to the states in 6 days.  Oh man, not only that, my confession to Guigui had failed completely.  The way she looked at me with disappointment and disgust, she must really hate me now.”

 

As Taec thought to himself, he lets out a sign.   Yoona, who was pretending to be drunk and asleep, had actually been awake and was watching him reaction the entire time.  She clutches her fist and teeth as she holds in her anger of jealousy.  She didn’t like the fact that Taecyeon had been staring only at Guigui, despite the fact that she was laying down on his lap, right in front of him.  She didn’t like the fact that another woman had captured his attention, and this other woman was not her.  Her pride would not allow her to lose Taecyeon to Guigui.  After many years of being together with Taecyeon, who the hell did Guigui think she is, coming in between her and Taec.