Meet My Friends GuiGui

The Way We Used To Be

As they got into Taec’s car, his phone rings.

Ring…Ring…Ring…Ring…..

“Hello,” Taec answered.

“Hey Taec, what are you doing?” Nichkun asked from the other line.

“Nothing much, why wassup?” Taec answered.  After talking to Nichkun for a while, he hangs up the phone and turns to Guigui.  “Hey, let’s go to my friend’s house; they are having a barbeque.”

“Are you sure it’s ok for me to go along with you?” Guigui asked. 

“Sure it’s ok, my friends want to see you again,” Taec responded.

“No, what I mean is, what if there are people who knows Yoona there?  What are we going to do then?”

“It’s ok.  It’s only going to be a few friends there and they all met you before at our engagement party.” Taec answered back.

“Oh, hmmm…” Guigui answered unsure.

“Oh come on, I went and hanged out with your friends!  So you should at least do the same and hang out my friends too,” Taec quickly replied back without letting Guigui finish her sentence.

Guigui nods and they drive over to Nichkun’s house.  Everybody was already there, sitting and talking outside in the backyard. 

“Hey look, Taecyeon is finally here with his fiancée,” Wooyoung greeted them.  “What took you so long man?  We’ve been dying to meet your beautiful fiancée again.”

“Yeah man!” Jay shouted. “Hey Guigui, come over here, you can sit next to me ok!”

Guigui looks at Taec and he nods at her as if he is telling her, “Go ahead, its ok.  Don’t be shy.”  Guigui makes her way over to where Jay is sitting.  She smile and greeted him. 

“Hi Guigui,” Jay answered back.  “Oh wow, nice engagement ring.  You can really blind somebody with that.”

Guigui smile shyly, “Yeah, I told Taec Oppa it was too big, but he insisted, so…”

“Hey, go big or go home right Taec,” Junho jumped into the conversation.

“Yeah, I guess Taec decided to go big,” Jay said smiling.

“Can I offer you anything to drink Guigui?” Nichkun asked.

“Sure,” Guigui answered.

“Ok, be right back,” Nichkun replied and walked away.  “What would you like?  We have beers..more beers….. and…some more beers!”

“Hmmm…..well that’s a tough decision.   I think I’ll have some beer!” Guigui responded while laughing.

Nichkun comes back with a can of beer and hands it to her.  “By the way, do you remember me?”

“Yes, I do.  You and Taec Oppa were the two people I bumped into that one night.” Guigui answered.  “So how are you doing?”

“I’m good, sorry about that.  Did you ever get your phone fix?” Nichkun asked.

“Oh yeah, don’t worry about that.   I went and got a new phone actually.” Guigui said while smiling.  “In fact, it was the perfect timing because I have been wanting a new phone anyways.  So, I guess I should be thanking you.”

“Oh really, well I am glad we was able to help.” Nichkun answer back while laughing along with Guigui.

Taec looks over from the grill and sees that all his friends are gathered around Guigui.  They were all laughing and joking together, having a great time without him.  “Seriously, what is going on?  Every time I leave her alone, a bunch of guys always swarm in on her,” Taec murmur to himself.  

He walks over there and hands Nichkun the tong, “Here, this is your house.  You should be grilling the meat, no me!”

“Oh come on man, go watch the meat for a while.  We are still having fun talking to your fiancée,” Nichkun whined.  “You get to hang out with her every day; this may be our only chance!  Stop being such a party booper.”

“Yeah Taec, get away!  We don’t need you here, we have Guigui now,” Jay jumped into the conversation as well while smling.  “She doesn’t only belong to you, you know!  We want to hang out with her too!”

“Yeah!” Junho, Chansung, and Wooyoung answered as well.

“YA!!!!! She is my wife, not yours.” Taec shouted.

Everybody just ignored Taecyeon and continue on with their conversation with Guigui.  Unable to do anything else, he turns and heads back to the grill.  He stands there and watch every interaction that his friends are having with his wife while feeling irritated; only taking his eyes off them when he has to flip the meat.  Once the meats were ready, everybody went over to help carry the food back to the table.  Everybody offer Guigiui a piece of their food and each time, Guigui would take it because if she refuses, they start giving her the puppy eyes.  And with their pleading puppy eyes, how can she refuse.  After a great meal with great company, they all said their farewells.

“Hey Guigui, make sure you come back to hang out with us ok!” everybody said to her.  “It was great hanging out with you!”

“Ok, I will,” Guigui answered while smiling at the new friends that she had made today.

“Oh yeah, you don’t need to bring Taec next time.  He will just get in the way, you know how he is.  He is such a party booper!” they all added jokingly.

“YA!!!!! I am still here you know.  I can hear everything!” Taec screamed at them.

They all laughed together for a bit and then Guigui waved goodbye to them.  Taec opened up her door for her and helped her into the car.  He then closes the door and went around to the driver seat.  As he drove off he turns to her, “How is it that you always get along with everybody and anybody?  Is there some special trick that you do, or do you use voodoo?”

“What?  Voodoo!?  What are you talking about!?” Guigui snapped at Taec.

“Nothing.  Geez, I was just asking.” Taec answered back.  As he continues to drives, he thought to himself, “If it isn’t voodoo or some special trick, then why is there always guys surrounding her and they always seems to be getting along so well with her?  I don’t get it!”