Wear This, Your Engagement Ring

The Way We Used To Be

“This can’t keep happening,” Taecyeon thought to himself.  “What can I do so guys won’t come near her?”  While he continues to think of a way as he drives, he sees some clothing boutique.  He pull his car over; they both get out of the car and went inside to go buy themselves some new dry clothes.  They quickly get changed and walk out of the store.  As Taecyeon walked out, he sees a jewelry store at the corner and so he takes hold of Guigui’s hands and pull her to follow him. 

“Where are we going?” Guigui asked curiously. 

“Just follow me and stop asking questions.” Taecyeon replied.  He thought to himself.  “Perfect, if she wears a ring, nobody would try to hit on her because everybody will know that she is a married woman.  Why didn’t I think of this sooner?”

They both walked in and Guigui stands there in utter shocked.  “Why did you take me here?”

“What do you mean?  Isn’t it obvious?  We’re here to get you a ring, after all, we will be getting marry soon.  How can we be engage and you not have a ring?” Taecyeon answer her back.

“Oh, I get it!  Is this the important something that you had mention this morning?”

“What!?” Taecyeon was confused for a moment.  “Ah, yes! This is exactly what I wanted to take you to come do.  This is the important thing that I was talking about earlier.  So, go ahead, pick out which ever ring you like.”

Guigui stood there, looking at all the rings, finally she points to one of the ring in the far right.  The jeweler pulls out the ring and Guigui tries it on.  She stares at her finger for long time before turning around to Taecyeon, “I want this one,” she says with a bit of a sad voice while forcing a smile onto her face.

Surprise by her choice, he asked her, “Are you sure?  Why not pick something better and bigger?”

“No, this one is fine,” she answered him back.

“Who will actually see that small little ring?” Taecyeon thought to himself.  “The purpose of why I am getting you a ring is so people will see it and stay far away from you.”  Taecyeon looks at her and then back at the ring.  “No, get something bigger, that ring so small, it’s not even a carat!  You should find a bigger diamond ring.  Now come on, pick again and make sure that the diamond is at least 2 carat.”

“Taec Oppa, there is no need to get such an expensive ring; especially since this marriage is only going to last for 1 year.” Guigui said to Taec as she looked at her finger with the small diamond ring still place on there.  “This ring is good enough.”

“What, are you trying to make people laugh at us?  You and I are important people; you need to find a ring that will match your role as my wife.” Taecyeon snapped at her.  Taecyeon then began to look at the rings himself; wondering which type will look good on her and how big should the ring be so it can be spotted miles away; this way, guys can stop approaching her while he isn’t around.  He stops and wave his hand at her to come over by where he was standing.  He asked the jeweler to take out the ring so they can have a better look at it.

“This one is nice, how do you like it?” Taec asked Guigui as the jeweler shows them the ring.

“Excellent choice sir!  This is a three carat in total Halo engagement ring.  The center stone is a two carat princess cut, and it has a total of one carat smaller stones going around the entire band as while as the center stone,” the jeweler commented on the ring.

“I don’t know, I think it’s too much for a ring that will only be worn for a year,” Guigui answered.

“Nonsense, here; put it on to see how it will look on your finger.” Taecyeon replied as he pulled Guigui’s hand toward him.  He then slipped the ring onto her finger and carefully examines the ring.  After a long hard look at it, he nods his head feeling please with the choice.  Guigui, on the other hand, was not so impressed.

“I wish you wouldn’t pick such a big ring.  I feel like you are trying to show off how much money you have.  I rather have something plain and simple.” Guigui said to Taec, but as she sees how pleased he was with the ring, she couldn’t simply say no, and so she agrees.  They bought the ring and Taec immediately placed the ring back onto her finger.  "See, perfect fit.  This ring was made for you," Taec said to her.

“There, now this way everybody will know that she is married,” Taec thought to himself while laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Guigui asked.

“Huh? Oh nothing, just thinking to myself, forget it.” Taec quickly replied, ignoring her.