Group Fun

The Way We Used To Be

After driving along the streets for a while in silence, Nichkun finally spoke, “So how are things going with you and Taec?  Is he is making you sad or did you guys make any progress?

 

Guigui shock by Nichkun’s sudden and straightforward questions, she turns and looks at him with a tense look.  He glances back with a reassuring smile to calm her nerves.  That smile of his calmed her down a bit and she forces a smile on her face.   “Everything is ok, as it has always been.”

 

“Come on Guigui, you don’t need to force yourself when you are around me.” Nichkun answered back with a smile still on his face.  “Honestly, I am here to listen ok.  If you feel that you can’t take it anymore, know that I am always here, no matter what.”

 

“Thank you Nichkun, you are always too kind,” Guigui responded back with a smile on her face, this time it was not a force one but a genuine smile to show her gratitude.

 

“Ok we’re here,” Nichkun answered back with an excited voice.

 

Guigui turns around to look out the window.  “Huh, where are we?” Guigui asked with a puzzle look on her face.  She sees a small store in front and big fences around with seems to be some kind of field.  However there were many people gathered outside of the fence area with many cars parked close by them.  They all seem to be wearing some kind of protective gear.  “What is this?  Why are we here?” Guigui asked unsure of what to expect but Nichkun had already steps out of the car. 

 

He walks around and opens up her door.  “Come on Guigui, we are here to have fun.” Nichkun replied as he pulls her along with him to the store.  As they enter, she sees Jay, Junho, Changsung and Wooyong waving to them with a smile. 

 

“Hi Guigui, you came.” Everybody said as soon as Nichkun and Guigui had reached them.

 

“When Nichkun had told us that you would be coming today, we didn’t believe him,” Wooyong answered.

“Yeah, so did I.  Especially since you hurt your ankle and all,” Junho replied.

 

“Yeah, sorry for doubting you Nichkun.” Jay answered.

 

“Wait what?  So what are we doing here?” Guigui asked still confused.

 

“Wait, Nichkun you didn’t tell her?” Jay asked confused as he turns to look at Nichkun.

 

“Nope, I was about to tell her about it.” Nichkun answered with a smile.  He then turns towards Guigui, “Ok Guigui, so we are here today to play paint gun.  They are holding a tournament today and we can use another person so I figure you wouldn’t mind helping us out and being on our team since we are short one person.  Besides, you are pretty good at this right!”

 

“Sure I would love too!!” Guigui answered back immediately with excitement.  Her eyes were wide open with a big grin on her face.

“Humm wait…. Have you are play this before?” Junho asked with a worry face ignoring what Nichkun just said.  “It does kind of hurt when you get hit, even though it is just paint.  Are you sure you will be ok with this?  Especially if your ankle is still hurting”

 

“Yeah totally I love this and don’t worry; my ankle is pretty much already healed.  I mean it doesn’t even hurt anymore.” Guigui excitedly answered.    She pauses for a moment and replied back with a sad face, “Unless, you think I will be in the way?”

 

“No of course not,” Changsung replied.

 

“Have you ever played this before?” Jay asked with a bit of a concern tone.

 

“Yup,” Guigui replied with a nod. 

 

“Really?” Jay, Wooyong, and Junho asked in a surprised voice.  “When did you play this?” Jay asked. 

 

“Who did you play this with?” Wooyong excitedly asked after.  “Are you any good?”

 

“Uh huh,” Guigui nodded her head to Wooyong question.  “I am actually quite skill at this,” she replied with a giggle.  “Back home, me and all of my friends used to always play this.  We were actually the undisputed champions at one point.  But it has been a while since we play though.  So my skills may have become rusty.”

“Really, that must mean you are really really good!” everybody shouted.  “Wow the undisputed champions huh?  Boy I wish we would become the champions.” Jay answered while daydreaming.

 

“Hahahaha.  Really, it wasn’t really a big deal,” Guigui replied to them while laughing.  “We all just loved playing this.  It was our way of forgetting all of our problems and bonding but somehow we won the championship.”

 

“So what position do you play?” they all asked curiously.

 

“Well, I am normally the one that attack the opponent’s flag.  Since I have a smaller built compared to everyone else, it was easier to sneak up on people and take their flag while Aaron, XioGui, and WuChun cover my back.  Jiro is very aggressive and strong so he usually is the one that is protecting our flag and Victoria is the sniper.”

“Wow, that sounds like a great plan,” Wooyong answered.  “Hey why don’t we go with that order as well?”

 

“We can’t dummy.  Guigui’s ankle is hurt, we can’t make her do all of that running,” Jay answered. 

 

“Yeah he’s right,” Nichkun answered.  “I was thinking about how about making her the sniper?  So, what do you think?” Nichkun asked as he looks at Guigui.

 

“Hum sure I guess that will be ok.  But like I said, don’t expect too much.  I haven’t done this in a really really long.” Guigui answered back.

 

“Don’t worry.  Everything is ok, just watch our backs,” everybody replied back to her with a grin.  “We’ll take care of everything.  Ok let’s get ready.”

 

They all went and rented some protective gear and also some paint guns.  After they were finish, they went to the booth located outside to register.

 

“Alright, everybody ready to do this?” Jay shouted.

 

“YES!!!” everybody shouted back.

 

“We’re up next.  Jay, Wooyong,  Junho, and Changsung you guys will go capture their flag, I will stay behind and protect ours.  Guigui you will need to go hide somewhere up high to snipe ok.” Nichkun instructed.

 

“Yes sir!” everybody shouted back in excitement.

 

Once their turn was up, everybody scattered and Guigui went up the latter to sit up in the tree, hiding herself behind branches.  The siren ringed and their match began.  They cleared the first round but not long into the second match, Junho and Wooyong were shot and out of the game.  As Jay advances, Guigui tried her best to cover his back.  Nichkun hid inside a shed nearby and tried to protect the flag.  Unfortunately he was overwhelmed and their flag was captured.

“Oh man, I can’t believe we lost on the second round!” Wooyong said in disappointment.

 

“Yeah I know it’s such a bummer especially when Guigui was doing so well.” Jay replied.

 

“Yeah I can’t believe it.  Guigui your shot was spot on.  If it wasn’t for you, we probably wouldn’t have made it to the second round.” Nichkun answered.

“No, that’s not really, true.  We made it to second round because everybody was doing their best,” Guigui responded.

 

“Hey, are you guys hungry?  I am starving,” Changsung asked.

 

“Yeah, I am getting hungry too,” Jay responded.

 

“Me too,” Wooyong answered as well.

 

“Ok, why don’t we go eat then?” Nichkun responded.  “Are you ok with that Guigui?”

 

Guigui nodded her head excitedly, “Yes please, I am also starving.  You’ll start hearing my stomach growl pretty soon.”

 

They get into their cars and drive off to a family restaurant nearby.

 

“Wow, haven’t been here for a while now huh?” Wooyong asked as they all sit down at a table.

 

“Yeah, I said about almost  years,” Jay answered.

 

“Oh, did you guys used to come here often?” Guigui asked curiously.

 

“Yeah, we used to always come eat here whenever we come play paint guns.” Changsung answered.

 

“Oh ok,” Guigui responded.  She pauses for a moment before asking her next question, “Does Taecyeon come play with you guys too?”

“Yeah he did,” Jay answered and then corrected himself, “Well he used too.”

 

“Oh why did he lose interest in playing with you guys?” Guigui asked again.

 

“I guess you can say that,” Nichkun answered Guigui this time.  “He used to always come play with us until he started dating Yoona a few years back.  She didn’t like the idea of him coming and playing such a dangerous game I guess.”

 

“Yeah, I remember one time Taecyeon visited her after playing a game with us and she saw a bruise on his shoulder where he got hit and she just flipped out.  She told him he better stop playing or else she was going to break up with him.” Wooyong said while looking at the menu.  “So do you guys know what you ordering?”

Everybody nodded their head and so Wooyong waved his hand for the waitress.  Once they were finish giving their orders, Jay looks at Guigui.  “You are really interesting you know that Guigui!”

 

“Huh, what do you mean?” Guigui asked.

 

“I don’t know, you seem like you are just good at everything that you do and plus your hobbies are just so similar to ours.  I knew we were gonna get along great when I first met you.  I can totally understand why Taecyeon is in love with you.” Jay blurted out.

 

Guigui eyes opened wide from the shocking words of Jay.  It had left her almost speechless; she opens but was immediately interrupted.

“Humm……..what are your other hobbies Guigui?” Junho asked.

 

“Yeah, what else do you like to do?” Jay asked trying to divert her attention away from his previous comment. 

 

“Hummmmm…well I love going to the arcade to play games, watching horror movies, riding on roller coasters, eating, hanging out with my friends to do whatever, listening to music, and I guess whatever else is fun,” Guigui answered with a laugh.  “I guess I have a lot.  Actually I guess I don’t mind doing anything as long as it’s interesting.”

 

Their food arrives and they began eating.  As they ate, they converse among each other, laughing and joking around. 

“So are you taking her home now?” Wooyong asked Nichkun.

 

“No not yet, we’re going to hang out together for the entire day,” Nichkun responded and then turns to Guigui with a smile, “Right!”

“Oh hum yeah.  That was the plan,” Guigui answered with a smiled.

 

“Wwwhat!!!!!! We’re coming along,” Jay, Wooyong, Changsung, and Junho shouted.  “If you get to hang out with her for the whole day then we should too.  We want to spend some time with her before she leaves.”

 

Nichkun and Guigui laughs as they listen to everybody else whine and complain.  “Oh all right,” Nichkun replied while laughing.  “You guys can all come with us.  Seriously, you guys can act like some little kids sometimes.”

 

“Yeah, awesome.” Everybody shouted with a smile on their faces.  “So, what are we doing next then?”

 

“We’re going to go bungee jumping,” Nichkun turned and asked Guigui.  “Are you ok with that?”

 

“Hum..Sure that sounds like fun,” Guigui answered smiling.

 

“Really!!!!!!” Everybody shouted in surprise.

 

“Yeah sure.  I’m up for new things,” Guigui answer giggling.

 

“Ok let’s go everybody,” Nichkun shouted.