Trying to Reconnect

The Way We Used To Be

As the days goes by, Taec found it harder and harder to have a conversation with Guigui.  It was beginning to drive him crazy and finally, he couldn’t take it anymore.

“YA!  What is wrong with you nowadays, are you sick?  Are you hurting anywhere?  Is that it?” Taec asked anxious.

“No,” Guigui answered back while eating her breakfast.

Taec comes and sit next to Guigui, “Well, what is it then?” Taec asked feeling anxious and worried.  “Why is it that these past few days every time I ask you something, you respond with a yes or no only?  Why won’t you have a conversation with me?  Heck, you don’t even react the same anymore whenever I tease you!”

Guigui ignores his questioning and continue on with stuffing herself.

“Wahhh, tsk, tsk, tsk…..Look at the way you are eating, you look just like a pig.  Must you really shove all that food into your mouth at once like that?  Omo, you look like a beggar who hasn’t eaten for days.  Seriously, I have never seen a girl eat as gross and uncivil like you before.” Taec replied as he watches Guigui eat.  He continues to insult Guigui about how her stomach is going to grow so big that it will explode.

Guigui couldn’t take the insults anymore and so she finally shouted back at Taec.  “YA!!!!!  If you have such a problem with the way I eat then stop staring!  Why are you here watching me eat then?  Why don’t you go away!!!  Stop bothering me!”  Guigui looks up at Taec and notice that he had a big smile on his face.  “What are you smiling at?  You think irritating me is funny?”

“So, you finally decided to talk to me huh?” Taec asked with a big smile.  “I knew this would get you talking.  Don’t you feel a lot better now?”

Guigui stared at him for a moment before letting out a loud laugh, “Are you an idiot?”

Taec, sensing that she was in a better mood grabbed onto her hand, “Come on, let’s’ go.”

“Where are we going?”

“Come on, you’ll know when we get there.”

“Ya, aren’t you busy?  Don’t you have to work?”

“No everything is ok.  Don’t worry,” Taec insisted.

“Well, what about Yoona, is she going to be ok with this?”

“Don’t worry so much, I told her I was going to be busy today already.”

“Well just because you have some free time, don’t mean that I do.  I have to go to work.”

Taec pulls on Guigui’s hand, forcing her to get up.  He then drags her into his car and drives off.

“YA!  Didn’t you hear me, I have to go to work.” Guigui shouted as she turns to him.

“Too bad, I had already called off work for you earlier this morning.” Taec responded.

Guigui looks at him feeling shocked as she thinks to herself, “I can’t believe this.  He had actually already planned this whole thing out before he even came downstairs earlier.  Is it possible that he had already anticipated how I was going to react to his comments before I even did?”   Guigui quickly pulls out her phone and snaps a picture of Taecyeon driving.

“What?  Am I that good looking that you just feel the need to keep staring at me and take a picture?” Taec asked while looking at the road.  He comes to a red light and turns to her.  He quickly took her phone out of her hand and placed his arm around her, pulling her close to him.  He then snaps a picture of them together and sent the photo to his phone before handing back her phone to her. 

She looks at him and smile, “Do I look that pretty that you want to take a picture with me?”

He laughs as he turns to look at her, “Yes, very pretty!”

They both laughs and began having one of their many usual conversations that they used to have where they would talk about everything that happen at work and anything else that comes to their mind whether it is irrelevant to that topic. 

“Oh wow, the ocean.  It’s so beautiful, oh by the way oppa, where are we going?” Guigui asked after an hour of them driving.

“You’ll see,” Taec answerd back.  “We’re almost there.”

   They drive for another 15 minutes before Taecyeon pulls the car over and drive on the small dirt road.  It takes them about another 30 minutes before arriving to the place that Taec wanted to show Guigui.  Taec parks the car and opened the door for her.  He quickly covers her eyes and led her down a path filled with trees. 

After walking for some time, Taec finally removed his hands, “Tada!”

Guigui opens her eye and see the ocean.  “Oh wow, this is so beautiful.”

“Yeah I figure you would like it since you like the ocean so much.  And look, there is a little restaurant right there so we can go eat there later.”

“How did you find this place oppa?”

“I read it online someplace that this is the best place to go get away from the city for a while.”

Guigui smiles at Taec and then turns and start running towards the water.  She took of her shoes and started walking along the shore while Taec stands there and watches her.  She gesture for Taec to come and join her by the water.  He stars taking of his shoes and once he was finish, he slowly walked over to her, still remembering their first trip to the ocean.  Guigui takes out her phone and began snapping pictures of the gorgeous scenery.  Taec also pulls out his phone and took pictures of Guigui.  At that moment, he felt something while looking at her smiling.  He wasn’t sure what it was and it wasn’t the first time he felt it either, but somehow the feeling had become stronger.  He puts his phone away and asks Guigui if she wanted to play a game with him.  He suggests that they play paper, rock, or scissor and the loser would have to go stand in the water for 30 seconds.  Excited at his suggestion, Guigui quickly agreed.    After many rounds of playing and Guigui always losing, she decided that they should switch it up, instead of the loser going into the water; the winner should go this time.  Hesitant at first Taec agrees to go along with Gugui; but sure enough, as soon as they started playing, Guigui began to win, thus still receiving the punishment.

“Oppa, this isn’t fair.” Guigui shouted as she walks back into the water.

Taec, laughing hard responded, “It was your suggestion.  No complaining, hurry go!”

After a while, they decided to stop and went to sit on the sands.  They began competing to see who can build a bigger and better sandcastle.  Taec glances at Guigui’s castle and compared it to his.  He quickly gets up and walks over, pretending like he didn’t notice and accidentally kicking it down.

“YA oppa!  Why did you do that for?”

“Oops sorry, I didn’t see it.”

“How can you not see it, it was right here.”

“Really Guigui, I didn’t see it,” Taec pretended.

Guigui gets up and walks over to Taec’s castle, but before she could kick it down as well, Taec stops her.  He picks her up and starts running towards the water. 

“Ya what are you doing. Put me down oppa,” Guigui replied.

“No, not until you promise me that you aren’t going to kick mine down.”

“That’s not fair, you got to knock mine so why can’t I do it to yours.”

“Accident Guigui, it was an accident.  So, are you going to promise me that you will leave it alone?”

Guigui looks at him for a moment and then nods her head.  As soon as Taec had release her, she starts running towards Taec sandcastle and kicked it down. 

“YA!  You promised.” Taec shouted as he began running after her.

She starts running away from Taec so that he wouldn’t be able to catch her.  She turns around to him and shouted, “Accident oppa, it was an accident.”

Before they realized it, it was already getting dark.  They were having so much fun together that they had forgotten to get lunch.

Guigui turns to Taec while holding her stomach, “Oppa, I am starving.”

“Uh-huh, me too.  Let’s go eat at that restaurant right there.” Taec answered back while pointing to a little cabin like restaurant.

They walk in and took a seat.  The waitress brought them out their menu.  After looking at it for a while, they were finally ready to order.  While they sat there waiting for their food, they began to joke around with each other, teasing one another.  Once the food came out, they quickly began to eat their dinner.

“This is the first time in a while that we actually got a chance to eat dinner together again huh?” Taec asked.

“Hm.” Guigui answered while nodding her head.

“So, did you miss me, I mean while you were eating your meals since I wasn’t around much.” Taec asked anxiously waiting to hear Guigui’s answered.

Guigui looks up and stare into Taec’s eyes, “You have really nice eyes oppa.”

“YA!  Why are you trying to change the subject huh?  So, did you miss me or not?”

Guigui quickly looked down and took a bit out of her food, “Hmmmm……this is so good oppa.  Here try it.” Guigui answered back while holding the food close to Taec’s mouth.

He pushes the food away and stared at her, “Didn’t you hear me asking you a question?  Answer me, did you or did you not?”

“Oh oppa, I have to use the bathroom,” Guigui quickly responded and got up from her seat.  “I will be back.”

Taec sits there impatiently waiting for his wife to come back so she can answer his question.  A moment later, Guigui comes back out and take a seat.    She looks at him with a smile and then began eating her food again as if nothing happen.

“Guigui are you going to answer me?” Taec asked again.  “Hello, Guigui!” Taec said as he began to wave his hand in front of her face.  Guigui sits there ignoring him while enjoying her food.  “Guigui, are you just going to ignore me?”

Guigui finally looks back up with a smile, “Oppa, you should stop talking and start eating your food before it gets cold and it won’t taste good anymore.”

Taec looks at her for a while and then began eating his food, figuring that she was not going to give him an answer.  Guigui quickly glance up at Taec to see him pouting as he stuff food into his mouth, she smiles to herself and began eating her food again.  After they were finished, they got into Taec’s car and drove home.