News Of Their Engagement Party

The Way We Used To Be

As the weeks pass, Taecyeon hardly spoke to Guigui.  He would just ignore her whenever he sees her, or if she asked him a question, he will just give a quick and short response.   Wondering to himself how is he going to get out of this marriage, especially since his father is so determined to make him marry her.  Should he just give up his inheritance and fly to the States to be with Yoona?  He does miss her, and he hasn’t even spoken to her since she left.  It’s been three weeks already, all he receives from her is an occasional text message asking him how he is doing or telling him that she loves and misses him.

 

“Taecyeon and Guigui, come over here,” one day Taecyeon’s father said.

 

“What is it dad, what do you want,” asked Taecyeon.

 

“Yes uncle,” replied Guigui.

 

“Next month on the 16th, make sure you two are not doing anything.  I have made arrangements to throw your engagement party then and I will be announcing your wedding date as well,” said his father.

 

“What?  Why so soon.  What is the rush?  That is in three weeks!” Taecyeon asked with a surprising voice.

 

“I must agree with Taecyeon Oppa, uncle.  Why are you rushing?” Guigui asked, shocked as well.  “I am sure we have plenty of time to get marry in the close future.  Taecyeon and I haven’t even had a chance to get to know each other yet.”

 

“That doesn’t matter Guigui.  You and Taecyeon will have a lifetime to get to know each other.  What better time to get engage and marry then now,” Taec’s father said.  “I am so happy.  This is the perfect time.  Guigui, I will send some people out to go buy you some dresses so you will have something to wear for the party, and Taecyeon, I expect you to pick out an outfit as well.”

 

“No uncle, you don’t have to.  I can go shopping on my own.  Please, don’t bother the maids with such unimportant stuff,” Guigui answered her uncle.

 

“Sure Guigui, whatever you like to do.  Ok, so that settles that.  I have guest to start inviting.  The venue will take place here, at our house. 

Taecyeon, make sure you invite your friends, and Guigui, is there anybody that you wish to invite,” her uncle asked her.

 

“As a matter of fact, there is.  But I will call him personally,” Guigui said smiling to herself as she thinks of her mysterious friend.

 

She then grabs her phone out of her pocket and starts looking through her contacts.  She pressed call and Taecyeon and her uncle can hear the phone ringing on the other line through her phone.

 

“Hello?” the person on the phone answered after the third ring.

 

“Hello, Aaron?” Guigui asked.

 

“Guigui! How are you? How is Korea?” the voice asked.

 

“”Great!  Everything is just great,” Guigui said; trying to sound as cheerful and bright as she possibly could.  Otherwise, he will start worrying. 

 

Guigui always thought that Aaron was amazing.  Ever since they met when she was 16, he was always able to tell when something was bothering her, even if she denies it, he would still know and get her to spill whatever it was that was upsetting her.  Aaron has been Guigui’s closest friend, and he knew everything about her.  He knew what made her tick, what would make her cry, what would make her happy, and what she was afraid of.  Everything about her, he knew.  He was like her own personal psychic. 

 

“So if everything is so great, why are you calling?” Aaron asked from the other line.  This made Guigui snapped back to reality.

 

“Oh well you know..” As Guigui begin to drift off her sentence before finishing.

 

“What?  You are getting married and you want me to come see you off right?” Aaron replied.

 

Guigui giggles for a moment, “You always know exactly what it is that I want to say Aaron.  You really are a psychic.  Sometimes I think that it is just so unfair, I can never hide anything from you.”

 

At this point, both Taecyeon and his father are ease-dropping in on her conversation.  “I wonder who is she speaking to; maybe her lover?” Taec thought to himself.  “If it is her lover, maybe she will finally call off this whole nonsense!”  Taecyeon couldn’t help but began to get excited as he thought of these things and he didn’t bother hiding it from his expression as well. 

 

Taecyeon’s father looked at him for a second, before slapping him in the back of his head.  “Don’t you even think you are getting out of this marriage young man!  You should call up your friends too.”

 

Taecyeon frown after being slapped and getting knocked back to reality.  Guigui quickly told Aaron the engagement party date and hangs up the phone, as she realizes that there two ease-dropper listening in on their conversation.