Reunion

The Way We Used To Be

As Taecyeon run as fast as he could to the front of his house, there was only one thing running through his mind; which  was to catch up to her  before she leaves again.  He feared that if he misses her this time again, he will never see her again because he knew that she was trying to hide from him and that she didn’t wish to see him.  As he made his way up to the front, he can see her getting into her car.  He tries shouting out to her but she couldn’t hear him.  He tries to run even faster but by the time he reaches where she was; she had already driven off in her car.  He frantically searches his pockets for his car keys but realized that they were in the house.  As he catches his breath, he starts debating if he should run inside the house and grab his car keys so he can chase her down; but he knew that by the time he comes back out, she would be too far away.  The only thing that he could do was just stand there and watches her leave again.  After standing outside for a while, he finally enters back inside the house.  There he saw Yoona sitting down on the couch waiting patiently for him with a smile on her face. 

“What’s wrong Taec?  What happened?” Yoona asked with a worried look on her face.

Taec just shook his head without answering.  “Did my father come inside?”

“Yeah, he went into the study room, why?”

“Nothing, sorry Yoona but I’m feeling really tired.  Mind if we have lunch some other time?”

Yoona looked at him for a moment and although she knew something was wrong, she didn’t want to pressure him into telling her.  She was already grateful to him for giving her another chance and that they were engage.  She stands up and smiles at him, “Sure I don’t mind.  Go rest ok oppa, call me later if you need anything.”  She then walks out the door and leaves.

Taec watches her leave before entering into the study room.  He storms in and demanded that his father tell him where Guigui was staying.

“I would tell you Taec, but the thing is even I don’t know where she is staying and how long she will be staying for.” His father answered.

“You’re lying!  I know you know where she is, stop lying to me and just tell me.” Taec shouted at his father.  “Please!  Just tell me where she is.  I just want to see her again.” Taec’s angry voice suddenly changed into a sad and helpless tone.

His father sits there looking at him, feeling sorry for his son, “I know you wish to see her Taec, trust me I understand.  But trust me when I tell you this, I really don’t know where she is staying.  When I asked her about where she will be staying at, she refused to tell me because she said that she didn’t want to cause me any trouble.  I guess she was worried that if you were to find out that she had returned, I would be the first person that you would go see and ask for information.”

Taec unable to get Guigui’s whereabouts from his father decides to leave and go up to his room.  As he sits on his desk, he takes out Guigui’s picture and stares at it.  Afterwards, he decides to go for a drive to clear his head.  As he drove to the pier, he suddenly remembered the time that he had brought Guigui there with him.  Once he was finished thinking to himself, he goes back home and fell asleep.

A few days passes by and as he sits at the red light waiting for it to change so he can go pick up Yoona for their lunch date; he began to impatiently look around the area.  “Why is this light taking so long to change?” he thought to himself.  He looks around and notices a petite woman coming out of a hotel.   She comes and stands in front of the hotel, waiting for her car to be brought out for her.  Although he couldn’t see her face since she was turned around, her body type reminded him of Guigui.  “I must be thinking about Guigui way too much.  Everybody is starting to look like her.”  Taec thought to himself as he lets out a laugh.  He sees that the light had change to green and as he started driving again, he couldn’t help but turned to looked at the lady again.  This time, as he drives pass her, he was able to see her face.  He immediately notices that it was in fact Guigui.  Taec quickly turned his car around and made his way back to the hotel.  As he pulls up, he sees the driver pulling Guigui’s car up to her.  He parks his car behind hers and quickly run to her. 

As Guigui walks around to her car, she sees a car pulling up behind her from the corner of her eyes.  She didn’t bother looking at who it was instead, all she cared about was getting her car out of the way for the other car.  Before she got the chance to enter into her car, she felt somebody grabbing onto her wrist and pulling her. 

“YA!” Guigui shouted as she turns to see who it was.  To her surprise it was Taec standing there holding onto her wrist and staring at her.  She steps back until her back was against her car, “Oppa, what are you doing here?”

Without saying a word to her, Taec pulls on her arm towards his car.  He takes her to the passenger side and opens the door.  He shoves her into the car and places her seatbelt on her; he then walks over to the driver side and gets in as well.  Guigui sits there watching him in utter shock.  She knew she should get out of his car before he got in but no matter how much she was telling her body to move, it would not obey.  Instead, as he drove off, she was left sitting there just looking at him.  After a couple of minutes later, she finally manages to ask him.

“Where are you taking me?”

Still Taec did not answer; he just kept on driving in silence.  His phone began to ring and Guigui looks at him to see if he was going to answer it.  It stops, and then began to ring again. 

After having 4 miss calls back to back, Guigui feeling irritated, finally asked, “Hey, aren’t you going to pick it up, or at least see who is calling you?  It might be an emergency.”

Taec continues to ignore her and once his phone started ringing again; Taecyeon immediately grabbed his phone and took out the battery without checking it to see who was calling him.  Guigui just stares at him for a while before finally giving up and turns to look out the window anxiously.  She didn’t know what to expect, “Is he mad at me?  He must be!  Where is he taking me?  Why won’t he say anything?  All this tension is killing me.  I feel like I am walking on thin ice right now, I don’t know what he is thinking.   God why doesn’t he just yell at me and get it over with already if that is what he is planning on doing.  Why is he purposely remaining silent?” Guigui thought to herself.

After a long drive, Taec finally turns to Guigui, “Where have you been?”

“Huh?  Oh, I was back at the states.”

“Where exactly?”

“Why does that matter.  I was home.”

“Never mind, how long are you staying for?”

“Not long.”

“How long!?” Taec shouted, asking again in an angry voice.

Guigui jumps from Taec’s sudden yelling, “Until next Thursday.”

“That’s in 10 days.”

“Yes.”

“Are you staying at that hotel?”

“Yes,” Guigui answers as she feels like she is a criminal being interrogated.  Her stomach started to turn and she started feeling nauseas.  She couldn’t take the pressure anymore.  She turns to Taec with her hand over , “Pull over.”

“What?”       

“I said, pull over!” Guigui repeated herself while removing her hand from .

Taec quickly turns and looks at her.  He pulls the car over and Guigui quickly get out of the car.  She runs to the corner of a building by the alley and began puking.  Taec walks up to her and starts petting her back.

“Are you ok?” Taec asked worriedly.

Guigui nods her head and pushes his hand away from her back.  She tried to push Taec away so he wouldn’t be standing there watching her throw up.  After a few minutes, Guigui finally stops vomiting.  She pulls out a napkin in her pocket and wiped . 

“Are you feeling better now?” Taec asked as his back is turned towards her.

“Yeah,” Guigui answered as she takes in some deep breaths.

“Are you done vomiting?  Can I turn around now?  Are you sick?  Do you need to go to the doctor?  Let me take you to the hospital.” Taec asked.  Since there was no answer, he turns around but to his surprise, there was nobody there.  He looks up and sees Guigui running away from him.

“YA!” Taec shouted as he began chasing after her.  “YA!  You better stop running.  Stop running, watch, once I catch you, you are dead you hear me.  Stop!”  

 She turns around and sees that he is closing in on her.  She tries to take off her high heels while running, but unfortunately she trips and fall.  She tries to get up and run again but due to the fall, she had twisted her ankle.  Taec finally catches up to her as she is kneeling there, trying to get up.  He stares at her for a moment.

“Are you ok?  You should be more careful so you won’t hurt yourself.” Taec responded as he bends down to her with his back turn.

Guigui looks at him, unsure of what he wanted her to do; she uses his shoulder to help her stand.  Taec turns his head to see what she was doing.  As she began to walk, her ankle started hurting even more, causing her to limp.  Taec goes in front of her again and bends down.

“Here, get on my back.  I will carry you.” Taec answered as he grabs on to her arms and wrapped it around his neck.  He then grabs onto her legs and lifted her up, giving her a piggy back ride back to his car.

“Why did you run?” Taec asked curiously.

“Because, I was too nervous.”

“Nervous for what?  It wasn’t like I was going to kill you.”

“Because you wouldn’t say a word, all that tension started building up and I didn’t know who to deal with it so I ran, I guess.”

“Is that also why you threw up, because of the tension?”

“Yeah.”

Taec turns his head back to look at Guigui for a moment and then starts laughing.  “You are so weird.”

“How is that weird?  I throw up whenever I am under too much stress.  That is just how my body reacts to stress and tensions ok.”

“Sure” Taec answered back while still laughing.  “I understand people have different ways of dealing with anxiety.”

Guigui stares at him for a moment and then lets out a laugh as well.  They began laughing together as he gently puts her in the car and just like that; all of Taec’s anger, frustrations, and questions immediately faded away.  The atmosphere suddenly became familiar and calm again, as if Guigui had never left.  Taec gets into the car and turns to her.

“Let me take you to the hospital to get your ankle checked out ok?”

Guigui looks at him and smile sweetly as she nods her head.