Unexpected Guest

The Way We Used To Be

As they continue with their daily life and eating together, the time quickly passes by.  They have been happily married for 6 months now.  Always talking and enjoying each other’s company. 

“I will pick you up for lunch later ok.” Taec shouted after Guigui as she makes her way into the building.

Guigui turns back around and gives him a smile, “Ok, as always, I will meet you here.”  Guigui gives a quick wave and walks into the building.

Taec quickly does his work as he is anxiously waiting for the time when he will go pick up his wife for lunch, constantly looking at his watch.  Finally, it was almost time; an hour is left before he can have lunch with Guigui.  As he begins to start clearing off his desk, he hears a woman with high heels on walk into his office.  Without looking up, he asks the woman, “What can I help you with, I will be leaving soon.”

“Oh, where are you going?” the girl asked.

Shocked to hear the familiar voice, he looks up.  “Yoona, what are you doing here?” Taec said with a big smile on his face as he gets up and goes to hug her.

“Well, I didn’t get the gig.  I was eliminated during the final round.  So here I am!  I’m back.” Yoona answerd back with a small smile on her face as she hugs Taecyeon back.  “Did you miss me?”

“Of course I missed you.  How can I not!” Taec replied.

“Did you have lunch already?  Wanna go eat something yummy together?” Yoona asked.

Taecyeon, overjoyed that he finally gets to see his girlfriend again, forgot that Guigui was waiting outside her workplace for him so they can have lunch together.  “Yes definitely.  How can I say no when it’s coming from you.” Taec answered back with a big smile on his face.  He takes Yoona by the hand and led her to his car.  He drove them to her favorite restaurant, where they had spent many beautiful days together.  As he sits there laughing and feeding her, Guigui sits outside her workplace; constantly looking at her watch.  She tried to call Taecyeon a couple of times but it went straight to voicemail.  Aaron came out and saw Guigui sitting there alone. 

“What are you doing out here Guigui?” Aaron asked.

“Hm. Oh, it’s nothing.  Taec was supposed to pick me up so we can have lunch together, but I guess he is stuck at work.” Guigui answered back.

“Well aren’t you lucky.  I am actually on my way to grab a bite to eat, you wanna come with?” Aaron asked.

“Sure, I suppose.  I am starving.”

Aaron and Guigui gets into his car and drove to a little Chinese restaurant downtown.  After they were done ordering a couple of dishes, they sit there chatting about work and what still needs to be done.

“Hey Guigui, what do you think about opening up another restaurant here?” Aaron asked.

“Hm, will it depends I guess.  If the location is good than I am all for it, since I have been thinking about opening another restaurant.” Guigui replied while nodding her head.  “Why?  Have you found a great location?”

Aaron laughs at Guigui’s childlike response, he than nods his head indicating that he did indeed have a site in mind.

“Really?  Where is it at?” Guigui asked anxiously.

“It’s close by here, just a few blocks down,” Aaron answered back.

“Really?  This would be an incredible place to open up a restaurant.  If we can get a place here, then that would definitely be a great thing to do.” Guigui replied with smile on her face, showing how excited she is.

“I’ll show you the place once we finish our lunch.”

Guigui nods her head and began to eat her food.

While Guigui and Aaron were having their lunch talking about their new business plan; Taecyeon and Yoona were enjoying their reunion. 

“So where do you want to go after this?” Taec asked Yoona.

“It doesn’t matter.  Anywhere is fine with me, I just miss you so much,” Yoona replied back with a sweet smile.

After they finished eating, Taecyeon decided to take Yoona shopping so she will feel better about not being chosen.  They held hands and walked around while snacking on foods.  Taecyeon was so excited and happy to have Yoona back that he had completely forgotten about Guigui.  After a long day of shopping, they decided to call it a night and go back to his house for a while. 

By this time, Guigui was tired of waiting for Taec to take her pick from work and since his phone was off, she decided to take a taxi home.

“I hope Taec Oppa is ok, his phone is off so I can’t get a hold of him,” Guigui thought to herself as she sits in the living room waiting for Taec’s return.

Guigui hears the keys going in and unlocking the door; she stands up and goes open the door.  To her surprise, she hears him talking to another lady.  She opens the door and there was stood Taecyeon with Yoona holding hands.  They all stood there in total shock of the situation.

Finally, Guigui muster up all her energy and bow, “Good evening.”

Yoona slightly bow and greeted her back.  Taecyeon, still in shock of the situation just stood there and stared at the two ladies. 

“Oppa, who is this girl?  Is she one of your new maid?” Yoon asked as she looks Guigui up and down.  “Don’t mind us, you can go back to doing whatever work you were doing before.”

Guigui force a smile on her face and left them two alone.  She went into the kitchen to heat up their dinner.  While the food was being warmed up, she went and set up the dining table for two people.  She then went and grabbed two glass out of the cabinet and set it on the table as well.  Once the food was warm, she took all of the food and placed it on the table.  She didn’t know why all of a sudden she took on the role of a maid, but she just did since she was still in shock.

Guigui was not the only one still stunned, Taec sat in the living room with Yoona in total silence.  Unsure of what to say and how to explain the situation.  He looks down and notice the ring on his finger, he quickly took it off without Yoona noticing. 

Guigui finally came out into the living room and said, “Dinner is ready.  Please come eat.”

Yoona and Taec both gets up and walks over to the table.  Taec immediately notices that the table was only set for two people, he looks up at Guigui and ask, “Did you eat already?”

“Hm.  Oh, hum…..”Guigui pauses, “I will eat later if I am hungry.  Go ahead, you two should enjoy your meal.  I am sure you two wishes to be alone.” 

“YA!  Why are you asking the help to eat with us?  What is wrong with you?” Yoona said to Taec and then turns to Guigui, “You can leave us now.”

“Yoona, she isn’t a maid for you to boss around!” Taec immediately replied.

“If she isn’t the help then who is she?”

“She is…”Taec pauses, unable to think of an answer to that question.  “She is…….”

“I am his cousin, Guigui.” Guigui quickly responded after seeing her husband unable to come up with an explanation. 

“Omo, are you really.  I am sorry about that then.  Please, come have dinner with us.  I will go ask one of the help to set another plate out for you,” Yoona responded.

“No really, you two go ahead and enjoy your meals together.  It’s been so long since you two got a chance to see each other.  I don’t want to disturb you two.”  Guigui said and walked away into her room.

Taec stands by the dining room hall watching Guigui leaves as Yoona has already sitted herself at the table.