A Surprise For Guigui

The Way We Used To Be

The next morning, Guigui and Taecyeon goes downstairs to enjoy their breakfast together.  After they were finish eating, Taec turns to Guigui, “Hey Guigui, I have somewhere to go this morning ok, so can you entertain yourself for a while?”

“Sure, why not.  I guess I can always call my workplace to see how things are going without me there nagging them,” Guigui answered back with a smile.

Taecyeon gets up and leaves the table but turns back, “Oh yeah, don’t do anything in the afternoon though ok, I have a surprise for you later.”

“A surprise!?  What is it?” Guigui excitedly asked. 

“Hum, I can’t tell you that or else it won’t be a surprise anymore, but don’t go anywhere and make sure you stay awake.” Taec jokingly answered back.

As Taec finishes his sentences, he sees Guigui hoping on one leg towards him.  “Oppa, tell me.  Come on, tell me please!” Guigui asked as she approaches him.  Taec shakes his head indicating no and then reaches out and grabs hold of Guigui to help her in case she falls.  Once she was face to face with him, she asks him again except she was whining this time.  “Oppa, come on.  Tell me oppa.” she said as she puts her arms around him and buried her face in his chest.  “Oppa please, tell me.”

A huge grin came onto Taec’s face and his ears began to turn bright red.  “Ohhhh, noooooo I can’t……..”he began to whine along with her.  “Come on, let go.  I have to go.”

Unable to do anything else, Guigui finally gave up and let go.  She stands in front of him with a pouting look on her face.  He smiles at her and then goes up to his room to get grab his keys.  Once he done, he leaves while Guigui sits in her room.  She tries to keep busy but the anticipation is killing her.  She wanted to know what the surprise was.  While she is keeping herself busy, Taec is out running errands and buying things.  He calls up all of his friends and after giving them the set time, he hangs up and continues to shops around for more things.  He notices the time and quickly rushes, throwing everything into his trunk and squeezing some into the backseat of his car.  Once he was home, he quietly slipped around to the back yard where all of his friends were already waiting. 

“What took you so long?” Nichkun whisper.

“The line was really long.  I am surprise that everybody still have time to go shopping when aren’t people supposed to be working?” Taec whisper back.

“HEY!” Jay shouted from afar.

“SSssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!” Taec and Nichkun turned to Jay said.

“What!?” Jay shouted again.

“Be quiet!” Taecyeon softly answered back.

“Oh, what?” Jay whispered back as he approached them. “Why are we whispering?”

“Because!  This is a surprise get together for Guigui.  Weren’t you listening when I called earlier?” Taec asked, feeling a little annoyed.

“Oh, no sorry bro.  All I heard was we were supposed to come to your house and………yeah that is all I heard.” Jay answers back with a smile on his face.

“Argh…whatever dude just be quiet and help me set everything up.” Taec answered back.

They all each began setting up the tables, chairs, drinks, foods, and decorations.  Once Taec felt that everything was ready, he smiled, “Ok, I think we are done.  Great work everybody; I think Guigui will love this.”

“Yeah I think so too.  She is too easy to please.” Jay answered back with a grin.

“Ok, I am going back inside to get her, so everybody hide until you guys see us ok.” Taec replied as walks away into the house.  Taec immediately goes up to Guigui’s bedroom and began knocking on the door.

“Yes,” Guigui answered from behind the door.

“Hey Guigui, you ready?” Taec asked.

Guigui opens up the door and quickly walks away.  Taec sees her talking on the phone and quickly takes a seat on her bed, waiting patiently for her to get off.  After about 5 minutes, Guigui finally hangs up the phone and looks over at Taec.  “So?  Are you going to tell me what the big surprise is?”

“Yeah, I will show you.  Come on!” Taec answer back excitedly while taking her hand.

He leads her outside and after a few steps of going towards the backyard, Taec puts his hand over Guigui’s eyes.  “Don’t peek ok.  It’s a secret.”

“Oppa, I can’t see where I am going.” Guigui answered back.

“Here, let me help you.” Taec answer back as he takes Guigui’s arms and wrap it around his waist.  After a couple of minutes of walking, they suddenly stopped and Guigui hears, “SURPISRE!!!!!!!!!!”

Shocked from the shouting, Guigui quickly removes Taec’s hand from her eyes.  She stood there looking at each and every one of them.  “Omo!  What are you guys all doing here?” Guigui asks with a big smile on her face.

“We are here because we wanted to do a get-together party!” Changsung, Junho, Jay, Nichkun, and Wooyoung shouted.

Guigui turns to Taec with a smile on her face, “So this was the surprise huh?  I must admit, I am really impressed.”

Nickhun walks up to Guigui and hands her a drink.  As they all starts talking amongst each other, Taec is in charge of cooking the food.  “Damn it!  Why am I always the one who get stuck cooking?  Don’t they know that I want to spend time with her too?”  Taec stares at them for a moment, “Hey Changsung, come over here.  Quickly!”

Changsung does as he is told and walks over to Taec, “What is it?”

“Here, you cook.” Taec answered back while putting the tongs into his hands.  “Don’t burn the meat and don’t eat it all too.” Taec replied and then walks over to Guigui, pushing all of his friends out of the way and making his way next to her. 

“Dude, what are you doing?” Jay asked as Taec pushes and squeezes his way through.

“You’re too close.  Move it.  She needs some space for her foot.” Taec answers back.

“What happen to your foot?” Nichkun asked.

“It’s nothing.  Just a little spring ankle.”  Guigui answered with a smile.  “Actually, it’s almost healed.  I don’t even feel the pain anymore whenever I try walking on it.”

“That’s a relief to hear.” Nichkun replied back with a smile.  “So are  you staying here for good or are you leaving again?”

“Me, I will be leaving soon once I get everything settled with the new restaurant. “ Guigui replied.

“How soon?” Wooyoung asked,

“In a few more days.” Guigui answered.

“How many more days?” Jay asked after.

“Next week.” Guigui replied back.

“Why so soon?” everybody whined.  “Stay a while longer, we all really miss you.  We haven’t even gotten a chance to hang out with you since Taec has been hogging you all to himself.  He didn’t even tell us that you were back in Korea.”

“I’m sorry, I wish I could but I have other things that need my attention back at home as well.” Guigui responded.

Taecyeon stood there in silence as he listens to their conversation.  He knew he didn’t have much time left to spend with her.  I wanted her stay as well but it wasn’t something that he could force onto her.  As Taec is lost in his thoughts, his phone began to ring.  He takes out his phone and after looking at the caller, he walks away before answering.

“Oh hi Yoona,” Taec answers.

“Oppa, how are you doing?” Yoona asked on the other line. 

“Huh? Oh I am doing well, why?” Taec replied.

“Oh, is that so.  That’s good to hear, I called your office and they told me that you took the week off so I thought that maybe you were still feeling sick.” Yoona answered back.

“No, I am feeling fine.  Thank you for worrying though.” Taec replied while walking around to the front of the house so nobody can hear his conversation.

“Oppa, can you come outside.  I am outside of your house.”

“What!?” Taec shouted aloud, scaring Yoona and causing her to look up.  She and Taecyeon see each other as they both stand by the front of the house.  After hearing Taec shout, everybody began to rush over to Taec to see what had happened.  As they reach him, they see Yoona standing in front of him.  She looks around the first person she notices right away is Guigui.  Yoona quickly put the pieces of the puzzle together. 

“So they are having a gathering for Guigui huh?” Yoona thought to herself while feeling irritated that Taec didn’t tell her that he was meeting with Guigui.  She quickly walks over to Taecyeon and puts her arms around his while smiling. 

“Hi everybody, hi Guigui,” Yoona greeted.  “Sorry, am I late, I was so busy that I lost track of time.  I hope you guys don’t mind me joining you, but Taec oppa called me begging me to come.” She looks at Taec with a smile while squeezing his arm, “Oppa, you should have told me that everybody was here already, I would’ve gotten here sooner.”

“It’s ok, we actually just started.” Guigui quickly answered.  “And of course we don’t mind you joining, we would love that.   Thank you for coming.”

“We would?” Jay asked confused.  “I thought that…….” Before Jay could finish, Nichkun steps on his foot.  “Ow, you stepped on my foot Nickhun!” Jay shouted.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t see your feet there,” Nichkun answered back while staring at Jay, hoping that he understands the situation.

Everybody quickly turns back around and walk back to where the party was at with a sour look on their faces.  Guigui stood there with a force smile on her face for a few seconds before following behind Nichkun and the rest of the guys; leaving Taecyeon alone with Yoona again.

 

 

 

 

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR ME TO UPDATE.  I HAVE JUST BEEN SO BUSY WITH WORK, SCHOOL AND A NEW BABY.  I FEEL LIKE I HARDLY HAVE ANY TIME TO MYSELF NOWADAYS.  ANYWAYS THANKS FOR THE WAIT AND I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL ENJOY IT.  HOPE I CAN UPDATE SOON.