Preparing To Leave

The Way We Used To Be

The next morning Guigui gets up extra early and heads downstairs.  Since it was going to be her last full day to spend with her uncle, she decided that she was going to cook breakfast for them.  As she was finishing up on cooking their breakfast, Taecyeon and her uncle came downstairs.  They sat at the dining table, waiting for their food to be served, as Taec keeps looking up at Guigui’s room; wondering when she will be coming down to join them. 

 

“Morning,” Guigui answered as she came out of the kitchen with their breakfast.

 

“Oh morning Guigui,” her uncle answered.

Taec, surprised by Guigui’s sudden appearance and voice just sat there and stared.  There were so many things that he wanted to say to her but wasn’t sure where to start.  He wanted to tell her how he felt about her yesterday, but the mood was so good when they were dancing that he didn’t want to ruin it.  He felt nervous, unsure if Guigui will return the feelings back to him; to be honest, he wasn’t even sure how she felt towards him.  As he sits there lost in his thought, Guigui and her uncle were enjoying their breakfast while having a conversation together.  Guigui glances over at Taec and notice that he wasn’t eating his food.

“Do you not like it?” Guigui asked worried.

“Huh?  Oh, no it’s not that.  It’s really good.” Taec answered back as he smiles and starts eating his food.

Guigui turns back towards her uncle and began talking to him again.  Although she wanted to spend some time with him, he was unable to; he had some urgent matters to take care of.  After they were finish eating, Guigui began to clear off the table.  Since her uncle was going to be busy for the day, she figures she should gather all of her things and start packing.  After she was finish cleaning the table and washing the dishes, she goes up to her room and began packing.  She looks at all of her things and realizes that since she had been there, her things had increase largely compared to when she first moved in.  Deciding that it was going to be too much to take with her on the airplane, she decides to donate everything that she didn’t need.  She started putting everything into boxes and before she realized, she was out of boxes and spaces.  As she was carrying out boxes full of her clothes, Taec comes out of his room and sees her.

“What are you doing?  What is in those boxes?” Taec asked curiously peeking into one of them.

“These are just clothes and things that I want to donate,” Guigui quickly answered, hoping that Taec won’t start feeling suspicious of her sudden packing.

“Oh, do you need help carrying these out to the car then?”

“Huh?  Oh yeah, that would be great,” Guigui answered.

Taec and Guigui began carrying out her boxes into her car. 

“Thank you,” Guigui quickly replied as she gets into her car but before she could close her door, Taec grabs onto her car door.

“Wait, do you need me to go with you so I can help you unload?” Taec asked, hoping she would say yes so that would give him some alone time with her.

“No, it’s ok.  The people at the donation center will unload it for me.  Thanks anyways,” Guigui responded with a smile, waiting for Taec to let go of the car door.

“Oh, are you sure, I mean I don’t have anything to do anyways,” Taec asked again.

“No, really it’s ok.”

“YA!  What is wrong with you?  Here I am trying to be nice to you and yet…….” Taec responded while starting to feel fluster.

“Omo, what is wrong with you.  Why are you getting so upset?  Did I ask you to be nice to me?” Guigui quickly answered, feeling a bit annoyed of Taec’s quick temper.

She didn’t know why, but Taec’s mood was always somehow affecting her.  She didn’t want to keep letting his feelings control hers but somehow she couldn’t help it.  She stares at him for a moment and then pushes Taec’s hand away from the door, she then slams her door shut and starts up her car.  She turns to look at him, making sure that he was far away enough from her car before driving off.  She drops off her things and called up Victoria.

“Hey Victoria, what are you doing?” Guigui asked.

“Nothing, just hanging out with everybody, why?” Victoria answered back.

“Just wondering, I’m close by so I wanted to come visit you.”

“Ok, just come on by, everybody is here anyways.” Victoria answered.

Gugiui drives over to Victoria’s apartment and knocks on her door.  The door opens and Guigui goes inside.  Jiro, Xiao Gui, Wu Chun, Aaron, Victoria, and Guigui sits there for a while, talking about what they were going to miss most in Korea.  After talking for a while, they decided to go out and do some of the things that they wanted to do before leaving.  Once they were done driving around Seoul site seeing, snacking, and doing a little shopping, they decided to call it a day.  They each went back home to spend the little time left that they had with their families. 

Before returning home, Guigui remembers that she needed more boxes.  She runs to the store to buy some more and once Guigui reaches home, she walks up to her room and close the door behind her.  After checking to make sure that she had locked the door, she continues to sort through her things and placed them into a box.  After a long time debating whether or not she should pack the things that Taec had bought her; she decided to leave it as it is, in her closet.  She clears away her desks and comes across her and Taec’s photos together.  She whips the pictures clean and put it away inside the top drawer.  She didn’t want to bring anything that would remind her of Taec because if she did, then it would cause her to miss him too much and she didn’t want that.  She wanted to start fresh again when she reaches back to the states, a new life without Taec in it.  After she was done packing, she pulls out a big yellow envelope out of her purse.  She takes out the documents and began looking through the papers.  As she takes a deep breath, she began signing on each line that had an X next to it, indicating that was where she needed to sign.  She came down to the very last signature that was left.  She couldn’t believe it, after being married for so many months, this was what was left of their marriage; their divorce papers.  After signing her very last signature on the line, it felt official to her.  Her marriage to Taec was over, as she puts the papers back into the envelope again, she hears a knock at her door.

“Who is it?” Guigui asked.

“Guigui, it’s time for dinner,” Tongtong answered.

Guigui quickly comes out and closes the door behind her.  She walks downstairs and sees Taec already seated at the table.

“Where’s uncle?” Guigui asked as she looks around for him.

“He’s not here.  He called and said that he was going to be late, so for us to just go ahead eat without him,” Taec answered back.

Guigui nods her head and began eating her dinner.  Taec watches her for a moment before beginning to eat his foods as well.  He has been thinking to himself about how he was going to express his feelings towards Guigui for the entire day already and yet, he couldn’t come up with a good way of conveying his feelings.  They both silently ate their dinner, with occasional glances and awkward smiles at each other.  Once they were finished, they both went back to their rooms.  Taec began thinking about how he was going to tell Guigui about his feelings towards her; while Guigui on the other hand, was getting ready to say goodbye to Taec forever.