Late Night Dinner At The Office Together

The Way We Used To Be

As the weeks quickly went by, Taecyeon and Guigui are busy at work. 

“Hey Guigui, I won’t be able to eat dinner with you ok.  There are many things that need to be done here at work before we leave for our honeymoon,” Taec said to Guigui over the phone.

“Oh ok Oppa.  Don’t worry about it, I am running late at work too,” Guigui replied.  “How late will you be staying at the office?”

“I don’t know, late,” Taec responded back to Guigui.

They hang up the phone and continue on with their work.  After a few hours, Guigui finally finished up her work, “Hum…I wonder if Oppa is still at work?” she thought to herself.  She goes to a food cart and order some foods and drinks.  She then goes to Taec’s workplace.  The securities pointed to where Taec’s office was and so she headed up to go surprise him.  “Oppa!  Are you hungry?” Guigui asked as she holds up the foods and drinks in her hand smiling.

“Oh Guigui, what are you doing here?” Taec asked surprised.

“Well I just finished up with my work, so I figure I swing by and bring you dinner.  You know, playing my role as your wife-to-be,” Guigui said while laughing.

He smiles at her as she starts setting up the food on his coffee table.  He comes and sits down on the couch and grabs a paper plate.  “Hey, where do you want to go for our honeymoon?” Taec asked her.

“Hum…. I hear that Jeju Island is beautiful.  I would love to see it,” Guigui answered back.

“Are you sure that’s where you want to go?  Don’t you want to go somewhere further?” Taec asked.

“No, that’s fine, we can spend a week there and come back.  No need to go anywhere far,” Guigui answered him.

Taec nods and agrees to her request.  “Ok, I will make the reservation after we get done eating then.”

Once they were done eating, Taec gets up; goes online and make their reservations.  Guigui began to clean up the table, but was interrupted by Taec.   “Come here, what do you think about if we stay at my family's hotel?”

Guigui walks over to Taec and looks at the computer.  “Wow, is that where we will be staying?  It is so beautiful.  Is our room going to be facing towards the ocean as well?”

“Hum, do you want a view with the ocean?” Taec asked.

“Yeah!  It will be so great to wake up every morning and see the ocean.” Guigui excitedly answered back.

“Ok, I will make sure we get the penthouse suite with the ocean scenery.”

 Guigui happily claps her hand and hug Taecyeon.   “You’re the best husband ever!” Guigui said excitedly as she is jumping up and down. 

Taec, surprise by her sudden close contact, just smile.  “Hey Gugiui, do you have everything you need for our trip?”

“Hum I think so, what kind of things would I need?” Guigui asked confused.

“Well, like making sure that you pack the right type of clothes.  It’s going to be quite warm there.” Taec replied back.  "Also, you will need sunscreen, hat, and maybe sunglasses."

“Oh really?  Well I can go buy me some clothes before we go then.  Ok, so since that is settle; I am going home now.  Don’t want to keep bothering you while you have so much work to do.”

“Hold on Guigui, it’s late, let’s go home together.” Taec replied back to Guigui.

“No, it’s ok.  You need to get back to your work don’t you,” Guigui answered.

“No, it’s fine.  I only have a little work left before you came in.”

“Oh, ok.  Well, how about I wait here for you until you finish then ok?” Guigui asked smiling.

Taec was surprised at Guigui’s answer, he thought to himself, “If Yoona was here, she never would’ve said that.  Instead, she would’ve pulled on my arm and whined until I finally gives in.  Yoona and Guigui are sure two different people.  Being with Guigui is different from being with Yoona.  Yoona is more of a Diva who loves attentions and Guigui, well she was like a breath of fresh air; something that I never knew nor experienced before.”

Taec looks up at Guigui and smiled, “Are you sure?  We can leave now if you are tired."

“No, I’m fine.  Really, finish your work first.” Guigui responded as she made herself comfortable on the couch.

Taec goes back to his desk and began working again.  Guigui sits there for a while, and then gets up and walk over to the big window.  Taec looks up and notice her staring out the window in awe, “Wow, I didn’t know you had such a great view of the city here at night, Taec.  It’s way better than mine.”

“Oh really?  I’ve never really pay attention to the view before, so I wouldn’t know.”

“Are you kidding?  So you’ve never looked out your window at night before? ”

“Nope.” Taec answered.

“So what do you do when you need to take a break, or do you just keep working with any breaks at all?”

“Well, when I am tired or I want to take a break, I would get up and walk over to the break room to get myself something to drink.  Afterwards, I’d come back and start working again.”

“Oh, you should really come take a look at this view, it’s beautiful.  How can you not notice?” Guigui said as she begins to nod her head.  “Oh Oppa, where is your break room you were talking about, I am thirsty.”

Taec pointed to the direction that it was located at and she left.  He went and stood by the window to see what all the fuss was about.  “Wow,” he thought to himself, “the view here at night is really gorgeous.”  He then opened up the window so some fresh air can come into the office. 

As he was busy smelling the mid-night air, Guigui sneaked in behind him and grabbed his arm, “BOO!!”

Taec flinched a little and turns to see who it is.  “YA!” he screamed at her.  Guigui couldn’t help falling to the floor and laughing.  “You can be really childish sometimes, you know that Guigui!  Seriously, and here I was trying to enjoy the night view like you had suggested.”

“Oppa, you should’ve seen your face.” Guigui said while she was still on the floor laughing.  She slowly gets up from the floor as Taec stood there looking away.  “Here!” she said as she holds up a can of juice.  “Don’t be mad anymore ok.  I just wanted tease you a little; that’s all.  Come on, take it and be happy.”

Taec looks at her and smiled, he couldn’t stay mad at her, especially when she standing there being so cute.  He took the juice, “Thanks,” he finally said to her.  He walks back to his desk and sits down.  “I am almost done ok.  It’ll take maybe another 15 minutes.”

Guigui nodded her head and turn back to look out the window again.