The Truth Comes Out

The Way We Used To Be

After spending the entire day at her parents’ grave site, they decided that it was getting late.

“Dinner at your house Guigui?” Aaron asked smiling.

“Of course, like always.  Oh yeah, also I want to invite some other friends over.” Guigui answered with a big smile.  She quickly calls up Nichkun and them and told them to meet them at her house.

They all drove back to Guigui’s house and started preparing dinner together; everybody working as a team.  As the foods were cooking, Jiro and Xiao Gui were asked to go get some beers.  Everybody else stayed in the kitchen and continues to cook, while Aaron and Nichkun began to set up the table.  Once everything was finished and Jiro and Xiao Gui had returned, they began carrying all of the food to the table.

“Thank you everybody for your hard work today,” Victoria shouted.

“Hm, yes thanks you guys.  When I came back to Korea, I thought that I was never going to get to spend this very special day with all of you anymore.  I thought I was going to have to spend it alone and honestly, I was really worried.  I wasn’t sure how I was going to get through this day without all of you here with me, keeping me company and cheering me on.  I am so happy and so bless to have you as my friends.” Guigui answered back.  “Also, I would like to thank my new friends for coming and joining us on this important day as well.”

“Aw Guigui, no matter where you go, we will always come to you on this special day.  It has been our tradition for the longest time now; so don’t feel down ok,” Aaron replied.

“Yeah that’s right Guigui, no matter where you go or where you are, we will always be by your side on this day.  No matter what!” Jiro responded.  “We love you and will never let you feel alone, unlike your useless husband!”

“Yeah, speaking of your husband, where the hell is he?  Doesn’t he even care about how important today is for you?  Honestly, if he is just going to be like that, I think you should just leave him!” Xiao Gui answered while nodding his head.  

“Oh don’t mind him, he is probably stuck at work of something,” Wooyoung replied.

After drinking some beers, they quiet down and began to eat, they hear the front door opening.  Walking in was Taecyeon, while holding and embracing Yoona, afraid that she is too weak and shaken up from the accident.  Taec had again, forgotten that his wife and her friends where going to be home, in fact, he had actually forgotten the fact that he was married as he was taking her back to his house. 

“YA! What is this?” Jiro shouted as soon as he saw. 

Taecyeon, finally looking up and noticing everbody standing at the dining table, stops and quickly tried to let go of Yoona; but by then, everybody had already saw.

“What is the meaning of this?” Xiao Gui shouted.  “You left your wife on her important day to go play gigolo?  Are you serious?”

Yoona, shocked at the words that came out of Xiao Gui’s mouth turns to Taec, “Oppa, what is he talking about, your wife?  Who are you marry too?”

“Who is he marry too?” Victoria answered fiercely.  “He is marry to her,” Victoria turns and pointed to Guigui.  “Now who the hell are you!?” 

Taec and Guigui, unable to say a word, stood there in silence.

“Oppa, answer me.” Yoona began to whine. “Tell me it’s not true.  I thought you loved me huh, was our whole relationship based on a lie!  Answer me oppa.  Why are you not saying anything?  Is it true, is it?  Are you really marry?”

Taecyeon began to nod his head slowly as everybody stood there watching.  Yoona, unable to bear the truth, starts crying and ran out the door.  Taec turns and tried to catch her but before he could, Jiro had already grabbed him and shoved him against the wall.

“You bastard!  What the hell do you think you are doing? You have only been married for only 6 months and you are already cheating.  You !” Jiro shouted at Taec while still holding onto him against the wall.

“Let me go.  I have to go after her.” Taec shouted.

“No, answer me first.  What is Guigui to you, isn’t she your wife!  You are supposed to love her; that was your wedding vow.”

“Love her?  Are you kidding me right now?  I never loved her, I was force to marry her.  That was all.” Taec shouted back while feeling angry and trying to break free so he can go after Yoona.

“What did you, force, never loved her, don’t make me laugh.” Jiro screamed back while getting an even tighter grip on Taec.

“I said let me go.  I have to go after her!” Taec repeated while trying to break free from Jiro’s grip. 

“Oppa, you should calm down,” Guigui finally manages to say.

Unable to get loose, he turns to Guigui with an angry expression on his face.  “Calm down, are you serious!  You must be delighted huh Guigui?  Was this your plan all along, tell your friend to let go of me.  I will never forgive you if anything happens to Yoona.  You hear me, never!”

Guigui stood there surprised and hurt at the same time for a moment, she knew that he was just saying that out of anger but still, it hurts. Guigui walks up to Jiro and touch his arm.  “Let go of him.”

“But Guigui, he is cheating on you,” Jiro replied.

“Please Jiro, just let him go ok.  Please, let him do whatever he wants,” Guigui responded.

Jiro looks at Guigui’s face, and seeing how hurt she had become, he had no choice but to let Taec go.  As soon as he did, Taec ran out the door shouting Yoona’s name and anxiously searching for her. 

Angry at what had just transpired, all of Guigui’s friends turn their frustration on Taecyeon’s friends, yelling and screaming at them, even threatening them asking if they knew what was going on.

“Did you guys know about this bull?” Xiao Gui asked while stare right into their eyes.

Feeling ashamed and sorry towards Guigui, they all stood there nodding their head.

“Please, don’t take your anger out on them, it’s not their fault.  If you want to blame anyone, then blame me.” Guigui interrupted. 

“Guigui, exactly what is going on here?” Aaron asked, trying to understand the situation.  “Did you know that he was seeing somebody else?  Tell us everything, and don’t try to hide anything.  You are always taking on all the responsibilities.  I am sure Taecyeon has his share of faults in this as well.”

Guigui nods to indicate that she understands and began telling them everything that had happen.  From Taecyeon’s father forcing him to marry her even though he was in love with somebody else, to Taec potentially losing his inheritance if he didn’t listen, and finally, how their marriage contract came to be. 

“You see, it was my fault.  If you really think about it, I was the one who is to blame for all of this, I was the one who practically forced him to marry me, I was the one…..”Guigui said, but before she could finish she was interrupted.

“None of this is your fault!” Jiro shouted, as everybody else including Taec’s friends began to nod their head to show that they all agree with Jiro.

“Guigui, how could you be so foolish as to agree to a marriage contract; do you know how stupid that is.  Did you ever for one second thought about how this was going to unfold for you?” Aaron asked with a concerned voice.  “So what if he was going to lose everything, so what if he had a girlfriend, it was his choice and he chose to used you and make you his scapegoat.”

“I’m sorry you guys,” Guigui replied softly back with her head held down, she was too ashamed to look at her friends; for she was scared that she had made them angry.

“Sorry, for what?” Wu Chun and Victoria asked confusedly.

“Sorry that I disappointed all of you guys and for always making everybody worried.  I am always so stupid; I don’t know why I am always letting people down.  Are you guys angry with me?” Guigui mumble as tears began to fall out of her eyes and hitting the floor.

“Guigui, it’s nothing like that; we are not disappointed or angry with you.  We are just hurt.” Wu Chun pauses for a minute and takes a deep breath.  “We are hurt that you had to bare this pain all by yourself, how awful it must’ve been for you.  Having to keep such an agonizing secret all to yourself, feeling like you didn’t have anybody to turn to.”

“Yeah Guigui, we are all here for you no matter what.  We will always love you and be by your side.” Everybody said to her.

Guigui whipped her tears away and place a smile on her face, “Thank you, and I too love all of you guys.  Every single one of you, even you guys, my new friends.” Guigui looks over with a smile to Taecyeons’ friends.

Every single person there came and individually gave her a hug.  Reassuring her that they understand and that they are not angry with her.