Dining Together

The Way We Used To Be

As they all settle down into a restaurant and ordered their food, they began conversing among each other.

 

“Hey, I been meaning to ask you guys,” Guigui said.  “When are you guys leaving back to the states?”

 

“We decided to stay here until after your wedding, since it’s only two months away,” Victoria answered.  “Unless you don’t want us to stay here with you!”

 

“Are you kidding?  I would love to have you guys stay here with me.” Guigui quickly responded back while having a big smile on her face.  “With all of you guys here, I won’t be lonely, although I do have to work as well.  Oh Aaron, you can come with me to work, since you are my business partner, I want to show you how our business here is doing.”

 

“Ok, yeah that sounds great.  I will pick you up tomorrow morning then,” Aaron answered.

 

“Oh great, more couple interactions” Taecyeon said under his breath.

 

“What? Did you say something?” Guigui turned to Taecyeon and asked.

 

“Huh? Oh, I just said that was great news,” Taec answered her back.  “Great, now her boyfriend is here to stay and they will be going to work together.  How much longer am I going to have to watch them being so lovey dovey with each other.” Taecyeon mumble under his breath again.

 

“What was that?” Guigui ask Taec again.

 

“Hum….Oh, I just said that was great that you two can go to work together” Taecyeon replied back smiling thinking to himself, “Wow, she hears like a dog.  How does she keep hearing me mumble stuff?”

 

After waiting for a while, their foods came out and Jiro starts frying the beefs on the grill, while Wu Chun pours everybody a shot.  They all sit there enjoying their meals together.  Once the beef were ready, Guigui starts wrapping the beef into the lettuces and began feeding it to all of her friends one by one, except for Taecyeon.  She figure he wouldn't want to eat anything that she gives him but each time she wraps one up and feed it to someone, Taecyeon would lean closer to Guigui and open his mouth slightly, thinking that this time she will feed it to him.  He stares with envy as she fed one to Aaron again.  Tired of waiting to see if she will make him one, he begins to poke her on her leg.  She looks at him confused and he starts signaling her that he wants one as well.  Unsure of what he wanted, she points to the lettuce wrap that she has in her hands.  He nods and smile at her as she begins to make one for him.  He opens up his mouth as she sticks it in.  He starts grinning with joy because she finally gave one to him; he looks over at Aaron to make sure he sees Guigui feeding him some food. 

 

“This is delicious,” Taecyeon said after he finish chewing.

 

“Yeah I bet, especially since Guigui is feeding it to you huh,” Xiao Gui responded sounding bitter.

 

Guigui sits there and began to blush, “Be quiet Xiao Gui!”

 

Everybody laughs and began eating and drinking again.  Once they were finished, they said their goodbyes but before leaving Jiro turns to Guigui, “We’ll come back and visit you again ok Guigui?”

 

“Hm!” Guigui answered with a big smile on her face. 

 

They then leaves and went home.  Once they were home, they both headed up to their rooms to wash up and get changed.  After Taecyeon finished, he went out of his room, and began pacing back and forth in front of Guigui’s door.

 

“How should I go about telling her to stay away from Aaron?” Taec thought to himself.  Pacing around and feeling uneasy about the whole situation.  All of a sudden he stops, “Why am I getting so worked up about them two being together alone?  He is just her friend, so it shouldn’t matter.  But, even if he wasn’t, why does it bother me so much?”  He stood there thinking for awhile, “Ah! I know why, it’s because I am worried that people will suspect something, since we are supposed to be getting marry soon.  I just don’t want any rumors to be flying around.  Yeah, that’s definitely it!”  He then begins to knock on Guigui’s door.

 

“Who is it?” Guigui asked.

 

“It’s me, Taec,” Taecyeon answered back.

 

“Oh, come in.”

 

Taceyeon opens the door and comes into her room, sitting down on her couch.  “Hey, so is Aaron really picking you up to go to work tomorrow with you?”

 

“Of course, why?”

 

“YA!  Why does he have to go?”

 

“He is my business partner, so of course it’s only natural to have him with me at the office to see how our business is progressing.  What’s the big deal?“

 

“Fine, if he has to be there with you, there are some things that I need you to remember.”

 

“Things to remember? Like what?”

 

“Well first thing is, don’t go walking around your office holding hands with him.  Second, don’t act so friendly towards him,  Third, don’t smile at him.  Fourth, don’t stay too close to him, as a matter of fact, stay at least 10 meters away from him.  Five, only talk to him when you need something.  Six,…..” before Taecyeon could finished, Guigui interrupts him.

 

“Why don’t I just act like I don’t know him?” Guigui replied sarcastically.  “Wouldn’t that just be easier to remember?”

 

“Yeah, that is be even better than what I suggested.  Ok then, that settles it, from now on at work, act like you don’t know Aaron!  Good suggestion Guigui!”

 

“Are you serious?  What is wrong with you today?  No, I am not going to act like I don’t know him.  I can do whatever and act however I wishes to in front of Aaron.” Guigui answered back while feeling flustered.

 

“Guigui!  Don’t you remember that you are marrying me?  What if rumors starts going around, I am not asking you to do this for my benefits, it’s for…..”Taecyeon pauses for a moment as he tries to think of an excuse.  “Oh right.  It’s for my father’s sake.  Do you want to humiliate him?  Do you want people to go around saying that his soon to be daughter-in-law is already cheating on his son, huh?  Ah…and here I thought you really care about my father.”

 

Guigui stares at him feeling a little unsure, “I guess you have a point.  I will try my best to maintain a professional approach towards Aaron when we are at work then.  Is that better?”

 

“That’s it, you will try?” Taecyeon asked feeling shocked that using his father as an excuse didn’t work.

 

“Yes, I will try.  I can’t promise you that during our working hours, I won’t be close to him because that is kind of impossible.  But I will try to keep a safe distance so no weird rumors will start.  Now if you will excuse me, I have to get to bed early so I can go to work tomorrow. ”

 

Taecyeon slowly gets up and leaves her room.  He goes and lay down on his bed feeling anxious about the next day.  “That didn’t go as I hoped it to.  What can I do so that they won’t have any chances of being alone together?” Taec thought to himself as he lays there.