Resting At Taec’s House

The Way We Used To Be

As Taecyeon happily lies in bed, his thoughts are filled with Guigui.  He couldn't be more excited and happier that she was now sleeping in the room next door.  The girl who once tried to hide from him is now so close to him.  He couldn't wait until the next morning so he will get to see her again.  He began to think about how he was going to confess his love to her.  He wanted to make it as grand as possible, something so beautiful that she wouldn't be able to say no to.  He remembers that he had shut off his phone earlier that day and so he gets up and grab his phone.  After turning on his phone, it began to ring immediately.  Taec looks at the number and realizes that it was Yoona.  "Crap, I forgot about our lunch date together earlier.  Damn, what am I going to tell her?" Taec thought to himself.  Due to the surprise appearance of Guigui, he had completely forgotten about Yoona.

"Yoona, hi," Taec answered.

"Oppa are you ok.  Where have you been?  I have been calling you this entire day worrying about you." Yoona asked worriedly.

"Oh yeah, sorry.  I wasn't feeling good so I fell asleep and then I forgot about our lunch date."

"Are you sick?  Are you hurt anywhere?"

"No, I'm ok.  It's due to exhaustion and not getting enough sleep lately."

"Oh ok, do you want me to come over and cook something for you?"

"NO!" Taec shouted.  He couldn't let Yoona come over and see Guigui; that would ruin his whole plan of confessing to Guigui.  "I mean, no it's ok.  I will be fine."

"Ok, well then I guess I will see you tomorrow then?"

"Huh?  Oh no, sorry Yoona, I am actually going to be really busy this week so I won't be able to see you, and plus I need to rest.  Is that ok if I don't see you for this week?"

After thinking about it for a moment, "Sure, I guess oppa; your health is much more important.  I will let you rest for this week, but when you get better, you have to make it up to me ok?"

"Oh, sure Yoona," Taec answered back and hangs up the phone.

He goes and lies down on his bed again.  "Maybe before confessing to Guigui, I should break up with Yoona first.  But how would I do that?  What can I say to her so I won't hurt her?" Taec thought to himself.  "Argh Taec, why are you such a wimp.  Just do it and get it over with.  The longer you prolong it, the deeper it will hurt both Yoona and Guigui."

Taec falls asleep and the next day, his alarm goes off.  He gets up and washes his face.  As he goes out of his room, he sees Guigui coming out of her room as well.  He quickly heads over to help her go downstairs with a big smile on his face, just seeing her felt like a dream to him.  He helps her sit down and walks over to the other side.  As they ate, Taec asked Guigui what were her plans for that day.

"Nothing much, just probably getting some works done on my laptop I think.  Why?" Guigui asked.

"Oh nothing, just wondering." Taec replied.  He felt hesitant going to work.  He didn’t want to leave her alone at home be herself.  He was worried that she might take off again.  What would he do if she really does leave while he is at work?  Will he even be able to find her again?  He didn’t want to lose her again; instead, he wanted to stay by her side.  As Taecyeon was busy thinking to him, Guigui looks up at him and notices that Taec was lost in his thoughts.  She lean into him and held out her hands.  She claps her hands together, making a really loud noise.  Startled by the noise, Taec quickly snaps back to reality.  He looks up to see Guigui's  face right in front of his giggling. 

“Why did you do that for?  You startled me.” Taec asked.

“Sorry, I just couldn’t help it, especially since you seem to be so lost in your own thoughts.” Guigui manages to answer back after laughing.

After staring at Guigui for a moment, Taecyeon began to laugh as well.  Without realizing it, this had become something that he dearly missed about Guigui, her unpredictable character. 

“Aren’t you going to work?” Guigui ask.

“Huh?  Oh yes I am going to work.” Taec replied as he looks at his watch.  “Oh wow it’s this late already,” Taec answered aloud.  He gets up from the table and goes into his room to get ready.  After finishing, he comes back out and walks over to Guigui.

“Make sure you don’t walk around too much ok, stay off your feet as much as possible.  If you need to go anywhere, or if you need something, let one of the maid knows and they can do it for you.” Taec said to Guigui.

Guigui nods her head and puts her arm on Taec’s shoulder.  Using the table and Taec’s shoulder to help her get up, she starts pushing Taec to the door.  “Yes, yes I know!  Don’t worry about me.  Hurry up, go to work or else you will be late,” Guigui finally answered after being able to get Taec through the front doors.

“Let me walk you back to your room first.” Taec replied.

“No, I want to see you off to work.  I’ll stand here until you leave and then I will have one of the maid come and help me ok.”

“Are you sure?” Taec asked unsure if that is a good idea.

“Yes, stop worrying about me.  I am fine.  You need to hurry up and go to work.”

“Ok, I get it.  I am leaving then.” Taec answered back with a smile on his face.  As he walks backward to his car so he can see Guigui for just a moment longer, Guigui begins to wave goodbye to him with a sweet smile on her face.  Not wanting to go but having no choice, Taec finally gets into his car and drives off.  After not being about to see Taec’s car anymore, Guigui turns around and goes back inside.  She goes and lay in her bed with her laptop on her lap.  As she tries to do her work, all she could think about was Taec.  She didn’t want to admit it but she was happy to see him again.  She had missed him deeply since she left. 

As Taecyeon impatiently sits at his desk during a meeting, he couldn’t help but keep his eyes on the clock.  He wanted the day to quickly go by so he could return back to be with Guigui.  If it wasn’t for the fact that he had meetings all day, he wouldn’t have bother coming into work.  He would’ve just stayed home with Guigui and kept her company.  As his employees continue on with the meeting, they notice that he is not paying any attention to what they are saying. 

“Sir is there something wrong?” his assistant asked.

“Huh?  Oh it’s nothing.  Is the meeting over?” Taec asked confused.

“No sir, we had a suggestion that we wanted your opinion on.”

“Oh sorry about that, what is it?”

His employee starts over with the presentation and at the end of it, they turned to Taecyeon to see what his reaction would be.

“I like it, lets’ go with what you guys have on there.” Taec finally answers back with smile to assure them that he did pay attention this time.

Soon the day was finally over and Taec rushes to get back home.  As he enters the house, he goes straight up to Guigui’ s room.  After knocking a few times at the door with no answer, Taec opens up the door and goes inside.  He calls out for her but there were no answer.  He walks out and asks one of the maids walking by if they had seen her.

“No sir, isn’t she in her room?” the maid replied.

“No, she isn’t.  Do you have any clues on where she may be?” Taec asked anxiously. 

“No sir.  I am sorry, I really don’t have the slightest clue where she can be or when she left.” The maid answered back.

While Taec searches the entire house anxiously, he kept thinking to himself if she had run off.  “Could she have taken off again?  Don’t tell me she is hiding from me again?  Where could she have left too?  Where is she?”  These were thoughts that were running through his mind as he quickly searches for her.  Going from one room to the next, he was unable to locate her.   Feeling anxious and dispirited, Taec slowly walks over to the kitchen to grab him a glass of water.  As he enters, he sees the patio door open.  He walks out and sees Guigui asleep on the patio table.  He lets out a sign of relief before quickly making his way to her.  As he stood over her, he stares at her sleeping peacefully.  “She must’ve fallen asleep out here while doing her work” he thought to himself as he bends down to closes her laptop.  Afterwards, he continues to stare at her until finally he could not take it anymore.  He leans in and kisses her on the lips causing Guigui to wake up.

“Oppa, you’re back.” Guigui manages to answer as she slowly wakes up while rubbing her eyes.

“Yeah, what are you doing out here sleeping?” Taec asked, already knowing the answer.

“Oh nothing, I was doing my work but I guess I fell asleep since the weather is so nice out here.”

“How long have you been out here?”

“I am not sure, maybe an hour or two I think.  I was so bored out of my mind staying inside that I decided to come outside to get some fresh air.  Who would’ve known that I would fall asleep out here instead.” Guigui replied with a smile.

“You know, you really gave me a big scare earlier.” Taec answered back.

“A big scare?” Guigui asked confused.  “How could I have scared you when I have been sleeping?”

“Next time when you go somewhere, let one of the maids knows; or else I will be frantically searching for you all over the house again.”

“Searching for me?  Why, was there something that you needed?”

“No it’s nothing.  Forget about it, it’s not important anymore,” Taec replied fussing, pretending to be upset.  He wanted to see how Guigui would react to him being angry with her.  He was sure she was going to use some of her cute tactics to get him to smile but he wanted to experience it again since it’s been so long.

Of course, Guigui did not disappoint him.  She began wiggling beside him while holding onto his shoulder and shaking him.  “Are you angry?  Don’t be angry.  Come on, smile!”

Taec takes Guigui off his shoulders and ignores her.  He wanted to make her feel bad, especially since she made him so worried. 

“Oppa, don’t be angry.  Smile for me, come on.  Just like this,” Guigui said as she puts her face right up to his and began smiling with both her fingers pointed to her cheeks.  “You have to smile as big as you can ok, just like this.  Oppa, do it, come on!”

Although it was hard to ignore her cuteness, he stood his ground; not smiling and not looking at her.  Guigui stops smiling and stares at him for a moment before getting up and walking away. 

Taecyeon, unsure of what will happen thinks to himself, “Did I take it too far and overdo it?  Don’t tell me that she is mad?  Maybe I should go and apologize and let her know that I am not really angry.”

“BOO!” Guigui shouted out of nowhere, standing behind Taec and interrupting his thought.

Taec flinch and moved back from Guigui’s sudden shouting.  Without looking at her, “YA!” he said as he gets up and turns around towards her.  Again he flinches and moves back from the sudden fright of her wearing an unknown mask.  “YA seriously, are you trying to give me a heart attack?”

Guigui begins laughing aloud, “Taec oppa, you should’ve seen your face expression.  You were so scared.”  Guigui made a facial expression mimicking how Taecyeon had looked.  “See, this was how you looked like when I scared you,” she tried to say while still laughing.

“Stop laughing, it’s not funny!” Taec demanded and looked at her for a moment.  Seeing how ridiculous she looked with that facial expression on, he couldn’t help it but laugh as well.