Living Together Again

The Way We Used To Be

After they were finish seeing a doctor at the hospital and getting her ankle wrapped, Taec takes Guigui back to his house.  He helps her into the house and sits her down on the couch. 

 

“Do you want something to drink?” Taec asked.

“Sure, can I get some water?”

 

“You want water; ok I will be right back with a bottle of water for you.”

 

Taec’s father hears him talking to somebody and comes out of the study room.  “Oh Guigui, what are you doing here?  Did you come here with Taec?”

 

Guigui nods her head and smiles at him, “How are you doing uncle?  Sorry that I just ran off the other day.  That was quite rude of me.”

 

“Nonsense, I understand.  Don’t worry about it.” her uncle answered back as he comes and sits on the couch with her.

 

Taec comes back into the living room sees his father talking to Guigui.  “Why is that old geezer always hanging around Guigui.  Doesn’t he understand that I want to be with her alone?  Man, maybe I should’ve brought her back to her place instead.  At least that way, there wouldn’t be anyone there to interrupt us.” Taec thought to himself.  He walks over and sits next to her, handing Guigui a bottle of water.

 

“Thank you,” Guigui replied as she takes the water from Taec.

 

After drinking some water, she gets up to go to the bathroom.   Taec immediately stands up to help Guigui. 

 

“It’s ok, I’m fine.  I can go alone.” Guigui said to him as she tries to move his hand.

 

“No, the doctor says that you should try to not walk around too much for a couple of days and if you have to somewhere, somebody should help you.”

 

“It’s alright; it’s only a little spring.  I can barely feel the pain anymore.”

 

“I don’t care; I am just doing what the doctor asked.”

 

“What happen?  Are you sick or are you hurt my dear?” Taec’s father asked worriedly.

 

“It’s nothing uncle, I just have a little spring ankle; that’s all.  Nothing to worry about,” Guigui answered back with a smile.

 

“In that case, you should let Taec help you then; so you won’t put too much pressure on it ok.” Her uncle replied.

 

With two against one, Guigui had no choice but to agree to their request.  She allowed Taec to help her to the bathroom.  After a few minutes she comes back out.  Taec once again wraps one of his arms around her waist and the other holding onto her hand.  He slowly led her back into the living room and onto the couch.  After some time, Guigui decides that it was time for her to go back home.  As she tries to bid her uncle goodbye, he stops her.

 

“Why don’t you stay here for a couple of days huh?  At least until your ankle is fully healed, I am worry about you staying by yourself alone, with nobody around to help you.  Please, stay for a few days ok?” her uncle begged.

 

She looks at her uncle’s begging eyes, and even though she tried to resist and stay firmed about going home.  Once Taecyeon jumped into the conversation to ask her to stay as well, it got more difficult.  She didn’t want to stay because she was afraid that it would become too hard to leave once the time comes again, however, since she had been outvoted again, she had no choice.  She finally agrees after a long period of persuading.

 

“At least let me go back to the hotel to grab some of my things,” Guigui insisted.

 

“Sure, that we will allow,” Taec answered back with a smile on his face.

 

He takes her back and helps her up to her room.  She asks him to wait in the living room as she goes into her bedroom to pack.  After about 15 minutes later, Guigui comes out of her bedroom carrying a small duffle bag.   Taec gets up and grabs the bag from her before holding onto her waist and arm.  He slowly helps her back down to his car and drove back to his house.  Once they were inside, he led her up to her old room.  She opens up the door and to her surprise; everything was the same as how she had left it.  All the clothes that Taec had bought for her was still neatly hanging in the closet.  As she slowly enters into the room, all of the good and the bad memories came flooding back into her mind.  She suddenly remembers all those nights that she had cried because of him; she stands in the middle of the room speechless.  Thinking to herself, “What are you doing here Guigui.  Wasn’t the first time enough?  Can you really handle going through all that again?”

 

Taec interrupts her thoughts, “Brings back memories doesn’t it?”

 

Guigui looks at him and just smile.  She slowly turns around to take a look at the entire room.  After she was done viewing her old room, she walks over to her bed and sits down as she takes in some deep breath.  She looks up at Taec, “Can you leave me alone for a while, I am tired.”

 

Taec nods his head and places her bag on the dresser.  He walks out and gently closes the door behind him.  As soon as he left, she gets up and limps over to her desk.  She opens up the bottom drawer where she had placed their picture in.  As searches through each drawer, she could not find it anywhere.  “I could’ve sworn I put the picture away in one of these drawers.  Where did it go, or am I losing it?” Guigui thought to herself.  After searching for the photo for a while, she decided to give up since it’s nowhere to be found.  She goes and lay in her bed.  Without realizing it, she falls asleep. 

 

Knock….knock…..knock………………..

 

“Guigui, are you up?” a voice asked.  “Guigui?”

 

“One second,” Guigui answer as she gets up and stretches.  She walks over to the door and finds Taec standing there.  “What is it?”

 

“Dinner is ready.  I am here to help you down the stairs.” Taec answer back with a huge smile on his face.

 

“Oh ok, give me a second ok,” Guigui responded and turns away without hearing an answer.  She walks into the bathroom and quickly splash water on her face.  She ties up her hair and walks out.  Taec reaches for her and put his arms around her.  He helps her downstairs and gently sits her in the chair that she usually always sits when she was still living there.  The maids bring out their dinner and they began to eat.  The whole scene felt like Déjà vu, as all three of them sits there while having a conversation with each other, it felt so familiar.  It was something that Guigui missed the most after she left.  She missed having somebody around to talk to while having dinner, even though her friends do come over occasionally to keep her company, it wasn’t the same because they weren’t living under the same roof.  After visiting her for a while, of course they would have to return to their own home.  As Taecyeon and his father ate their dinner, Guigui sat there watching and smiling.  She wanted to cherish these moments; even though she knew that it wasn’t going to last long.  Taec looks up and notice her just staring and not eating.

 

“What’s wrong Guigui?  Why aren’t you eating?”

 

“I am,” Guigui answer and began eating her dinner again.

 

After they were finish with dinner, Taec helps Guigui back up to her room again so she can rest. 

 

As he helps her get on the bed he turns to her, “Hey Guigui, I don’t think you should go to work for a couple days.”

“Why is that?  I will be fine.”

 

“Because what if your ankle gets worse.  You need to give it a proper amount of time to let it heal, also that way your ankle will heal faster as well.  So why don’t you just stay home and not go to work for a days.”

 

Guigui thought about it for a moment, “Yeah I guess you are right.  A few days off work won’t kill me, and besides I have my laptop.  I can still do my work on there.  Besides, I am sure it must be a bother for you to always have to help me get around.”

 

“No, that’s not what I meant.  I don’t mind helping you at all, heck, if you would let me carry you; I would be more than happy to.  But I know you will feel uncomfortable so that is why I am restraining myself and only leaning you a helping hand.” Taec quickly answer. 

 

Guigui starts giggling before answering, “I’m just kidding Taec oppa.”

 

Taec smiles back at Guigui and leaves her room, closing the door behind him.