The Night Comes To An End

The Way We Used To Be

As the night quickly came, Taecyeon did not get to spend any time with Guigui at all.  Instead it was Nichkun and Jay that was by her side, keeping her company and entertained. 

 

“Excuse me, I have to go to the ladies room,” Guigui said as she gets up and tries to walk.  She began wobbling and limping since she was too drunk. 

Taec, worry that she will hurt herself, tries to get up but Yoona was still in his lap.  Nichkun comes up behind Guigui and puts her arm around his neck and lefts her up.

Guigui lets out a little squeal as she turns around, “Oh Nichkun, you scared me.”

 

“Oh sorry about that, I don’t want you to fall since I saw you wobbling and isn’t your ankle is healing?”

 

“Hum!?  Oh that, it should be fine.  I don’t feel any pain right now, must be the alcoholic kicking in  I think I am a little drunk actually.” Guigui responded with a smile.

 

“A little?” Nichkun answered in a teasing voice.  “Anyways, I don’t want you to hurt yourself so I will carry you to the restroom.” he replied with a smile.

Guigui nods her head so show that she agrees.  As Nichkun carries Guigui into the house, they were talking and laughing causing Taecyeon to stares with jealousy.  However, he was unable to do anything.

 

“Why does she seem so comfortable with him?” Taec thought to himself.  “And what is up with Nichkun, I’ve never seen him carry a woman before.  In fact, I’m pretty sure this is the first time; even though he may be a playboy, he’s never gotten serious with anybody.  Something is different about the way he is with Guigui from when he is flirting around with those other girls.”

 

Nichkun patiently waits for Guigui outside of the bathroom until he hears some strange noises.  He quickly knocks on the door to check if she is ok.  “Guigui, are you ok?” Nichkun asked with a concerned voice.

 

“Humm…..oh yeah, it’s just…..”Guigui tries to answer but quickly stops and starts gagging again. 

 

“Are you throwing up?” Nichkun asked.

 

“Ah yeah, sorry,” Guigui answered quietly.

 

“Don’t be, maybe you drink too much.” Nichkun answered back.

 

“Maybe,” Guigui responded and starts vomiting again.

 

“Can you open the door?” Nichkun asked politely.

 

“Ah……” Guigui pauses, “I’m alright.  Really, no need to worry.”

 

“Guigui, please open the door.” Nichkun pleaded.

 

“Hum…..”Guigui quietly whispered.  “It’s really embarrassing.”

 

“No need to be embarrassed.   It’s natural, especially since you drank so much.” Nichkun replied.  “Now please, can you open the door?”

Unable to do or say anything else, Guigui gives in and opens up the door.  Nichkun was standing right up against the door when she had opened it.  They stare at each other for a moment until Guigui starts gagging again and rushes to the toilet.  Nichkun quietly walks over by her and starts rubbing her back.

 

“Are you feeling better?” Nichkun asked with a worried tone.

 

“Hm.” Guigui answered while nodding her head.  After a few seconds of vomiting, “NIchkun, I am fine.  You don’t need to stay here.  You can go back out.  I’ll go out when I’m done.”

 

“Don’t be silly.  I am not going to leave you here by yourself when you are like this.” Nichkun responded.  “Here, let me hold your hair back.”  Nichkun takes hold of all of Guigui’s hair and holds it to the back so she will not vomit on it.

 

“Thank you,” Guigui softly replied.

 

After Guigui was done, she asked Nichkun to step out so she can wash up.  Once she was done, she opened the door and still sees Nichkun standing by the door with a smile.  He places Guigui’s arm around his neck and placed his arm around her waist to help her walk since Guigui was already too drunk. 

 

“Hey Guigui, how about calling it a night,” Nichkun asked.  “You seem really drunk.”

 

“What about everybody?  They all came here for me, I don’t…..”Guigui answered but was interrupted by Nichkun.

 

“It’s ok, I am sure they will understand.  Besides, are you really ok with going back outside and seeing Taec with Yoona?  Even though you might not say it, I can see the pain on your face.” Nichkun replied back.

 

Guigui stared up at Nichkun and lets out a little smile, “I can’t hide anything from you huh.  I swear, you’re just like Aaron.”

 

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” Nichkun ask while he looks at her.

 

“I don’t know, I will let you decide,” Guigui answer in a teasing voice.

 

“Well then, I will take it as a good thing,” Nichkin answered back.  He slowly lefts Guigui up into his arm, “So which way to your room?”

 

“Hmmm….My room is next to Taec, up the stairs to your right.  It will be the first door,” Guigui answered while pointing up to her bedroom door.

 

“Ok, hold on tight cause here we go,” Nichkun replied back as he starts walking up the stairs.  Once he reached her bedroom, he opens up the door with one hand while still holding onto Guigui.  He steps in and closes the door behind them.  He takes her to her bed and gently lay her down.  He sits next to her on her bed and stares at he for a moment before speaking.   “Guigui……Do you…..want to be with Taec?”

 

Surprise by his sudden question, Guigui just stares at him with a blank expression.

 

“I’m sorry if I am asking this so suddenly, it’s just that…………..well it’s just like Jay said earlier.  Since you married Taec, you seemed to have change.  I hate seeing how being with Taec has cause you so much pain.”

 

“Don’t worry about me, it’s nothing.  I knew all of this from the start when Taec suggested the contract for our marriage. ” Guigui answered back with a smile since she sees how worry Nichkun is about her.

 

“You don’t need to pretend with me Guigui,” Nichkun answered.  “Remember back then when I told you that you can call me for anything, and if you needed to talk, I will always be there.  I meant it Guigui, I knew it was going to be hard on you when you married Taec.” Nichkun pauses for a moment, “I…..I am just……I’m just pissed off at myself for not trying to talk Taec out of it and for allowing him to use you like that.  Even now, he says he loves you but he can’t let go of Yoona.”

 

“Nichkun!?” Guigui softly let out with a sad expression on her face.  “I’m sorry if I made you worried.”

 

“What is making me worry is you pretending to be fine all the time Guigui,” Nichkun answered back.  “Seriously, you can tell me anything.  I want to help you with whatever I can.  I am rooting for you Guigui.”

 

“Thank you,” Guigui answered back.  “The truth is……the truth is that I don’t have the right to complain or to be upset about anything that Taec is doing.  He was honest with me from the very beginning.  He let me know what to expect and honestly I was ready for it.  I just…………….didn’t know that it would hurt so much even though I knew what was coming.”

 

Guigui sits on her bed with her face and eyes looking down as tears slowly begin to roll down her face; she didn’t want to look at Nichkun because she didn’t know if she will be able to stop the tears from flowing down.  Nickun, sensing that Guigui was crying; he gently lifted her head up by her chin and softly wiped away all of her falling tears.  He gently hugs her and placed her head on his shoulder as she slowly and softly her hair.  “It’s ok Guigui, tonight you can cry all you want.  I am here for you and I will not tell anybody.  Cry to your hearts content and if it makes you feel better, let’s just say that we are both drunk and tomorrow….well we won’t remember anything.”

 

Feeling Nichkun’s warm and caring embrace, Guigui lets out all the pain and sorrow that she had kept hidden all those times.  As she wept in Nichkun’s arms, he stays there quietly, listening to her as he stokes her back and her hair softly.  After a long time of Guigui crying, she fell asleep in Nichkun’s arms.  She had used up all her energy crying out all of her pint up frustration, sadness, and her disappointment that she had held onto for years.  Nichkun gently lay Guigui down on her bed and kiss her forehead.  He whispers to her, “I will help you Guigui, whatever it is that you desire; I will get it for you.”  He quietly left her room and when he was out the door, he ran into Taecyeon out in the halls.

 

“What are you doing coming out from Guigui’s room?” Taec finally asked after a few minutes of staring at each other.

 

Nichkun stares at Taec for a few moments in silence before answering, “Where is everybody?”

 

“Everybody went home,” Taec quickly answered.  “So!?  Are you going to tell me what you are doing coming out of Guigui’s room so late into the night?”

 

Nichkun shrugged off Taec’s question and started walking down the stairs.  Taec, feeling irritated and wanting answers, grabs onto Nichkun’s arm.

 

“What are you doing?” NIchkun asked as he looks down at Taec’s arm and then back up at Taec’s face.

 

“Tell me, what were you doing in Guigui’s room?  Have you two been in there the entire time?” Taec asked again.

 

“Yes,” Nichkun firmly answsered.

 

“For what reasons did you need to be in there with her?” Taec asking in an almost yelling voice.

 

“Ssshhhhh…” Nichkun answerd back with his finger on his lips.  “You will wake up Guigui.”

 

“So what!  It’s a good thing if she does wake up so I can ask her what you two were doing in her room.” Taec answered fiercely. 

 

Nichkun irritated by Taec’s behavior, removed his arm from Taec’s grasp, “Let’s talk outside.”

 

Nichkun turns away and starts walking outside as Taecyeon follow close behind.  Once they had reached the outside, Nichkun closes the door behind Taec; looking to make sure that nobody was around to hear their conversation.

 

“What are you planning to do?” Nichkin finally turns around with a serious face.

 

“What are you talking about?  Don’t try to evade my question.” Teacyeon scold.

 

“I’m not, but I want to know what you are planning on doing with both Yoona and Guigui.  You know you can’t be with both of them and it’s oblivious that you can’t

leave Yoona; so…I guess the real question is what are you planning to do with Guigui?” Nichkun asked right back.  

 

“What do you mean?” Taec asked in a confused tone.

 

“Why are you having Guigui stay here with you in the same house?  Did you ever think about how she may feel living here with you while having to see you and Yoona flaunt your relationship in her face?  Did you ever for one second think about how this would hurt her and Yoona?” Nichkun asked relentlessly.

 

“I…ummm…….” Taec stuttered for a moment.  “I don’t think any of this is your business.  Who I chose to date and have live with me is not your concern.  Or do I have to check in with you on everything I do before I can do it?”

 

“That wouldn’t be a bad idea.  If you did, you wouldn’t be in this situation.” Nichkun replied back to Taec’s sarcasm.

 

“What is that supposed to mean?” Taec furiously asked back.

 

“It means if you would’ve thought things through without jumping into it, you wouldn’t be in love with two different women.  You wouldn’t be hurting the both of them right now.  You wouldn’t have your estrange wife living with you and at the same time still go out wining and dining your girlfriend.”

 

“What’s gotten into you man,” Taec asked.  “What happened in Guigui’s room?”

 

“You don’t need to know.  That’s between me and her.”

 

“What do you mean I don’t need to know?  I am still her husband damn it!” Taec losing his temper and shouting at Nichkun.

 

“Oh yeah, you sure as hell aren’t acting like it.”

 

“Who’s side are you on anyways?  Just earlier you….” Taec responded back but was interrupted by Nichkun.

 

“HERS!  I am getting sick and tire of your indecisive attitude.  I am not going to just stand by and keeping seeing Guigui get hurt anymore.”

 

“What…what does that mean?  Are you implying that I am always hurting her?”

 

“Yes you are, and the worse thing about it is that you don’t even realize you are doing it.  It’s become second nature to you to use Guigui whenever it benefits you and then toss her away whenever you are done.” Nickun shouted back at Taec.  “I am getting tired of this.  Because you and I are friends and we go way back, I am telling you right now.  I am in love with Guigui, I have been for a long time but I didn’t want to act upon my feelings because I didn’t want to jeopardize our friendship and plus, for a while there it looked like you were finally going to choose Guigui over Yoona.  But since you can’t make up your mind, even if it is to save your own life, I will help you.  I decided to take Guigui away from you.  All you need to do now is just focus on Yoona.  From now on, I will take care of Guigui.”

Nichkun turns away from Taecyeon without saying another word and walks off to his car, leaving Taecyeon stun and frozen in place as he watches one of his best friend leave.  He felt his heart wrenching as it sank down to the pit of his stomach.