Today is yours, Tomorrow is mines

The Way We Used To Be

Taecyeon somehow made his way up to his room and as he laid down, all he could think about was what Nichkun had said to him.

 

“Was he serious?” Taec thought to himself.  “He must be, I don’t think I have ever seen him get so upset.  Nichkun has never spoken about love before, but why all of sudden is he admitting this?  Is it because Guigui will be leaving soon?  What the hell happen between them in Guigui’s room!?”

 

So many questions filled Taec mind as he toss and turn in bed, unable to sleep.  The next morning quickly came and Taec makes his way downstair.

 

“Oppa, you look terrible.” Guigui responded as Taec enter into the dining room.  “What happen to you?”

 

“PSHHHH….She wouldn’t be saying this to me if she knew what Nichkun had said to me,” Taec thought to himself as he sits down and starts eating.  “Thanks to the surprise from Nichkun, I wasn’t able to get a wink of sleep at all yesterday night.”  He looks over at Guigui and thinks to himself if he should ask her.  “Hey Guigui…..”

 

“Hum?” Guigui answered back while still eating and looking down at her plate.

 

“What did you and Nichkun do yesterday night?  Why didn’t you guys come back outside?”

 

Guigui immediately stops eating and stares at her plate for a moment as she recalls everything.  Too embarrasses to tell him that she was crying she looks quickly looks up at him and shake her head.  “Nothing, I was too tired so Nichkun helped me to bed.  Why?”

 

“Is that…” Taec asked but was interrupted by the doorbell.

 

Guigui, curious as to who is at the door so early in the morning, leans to the left to get a view of who it was.  The maid opens up the door and Nichkun steps in.  Guigui’s eyes open wide and she quickly gets up and walks over to the living room.  Taec surprised by Guigui’s suddden actions turn around to see who it is.  He sees Guigui quickly grabbing onto Nichkun’s hand and dragging him back outside.  She closes the door behind her and turns towards him.

 

“I am so sorry for last night,” Guigui quickly whispered and bowed.

 

“Don’t worry about it,” Nichkun replied with a smile while waving his hand back and forth.  “You don’t need to apologize.”

 

“No, really I should.  It was so rude and inconsiderate of me.  I was such a mess.  Please forgive me.” Guigui insisted.

 

“Well, if you insist on apologizing, why don’t you make it up to me then?” Nichkun asked, still with a smile on his face.

 

“Sure!” Guigui quickly responded.  “Anything, you name it!  I am so embarrasses of what happened yesterday”

 

Nichkun puts his hands on Guigui’s shoulders and lean in but before Nichkun could say anything, he was suddenly interrupted by the door opening. 

 

“What are you two doing outside so long?”  Taecyeon asked as he steps out and glances at them.  He suddenly sees Nichkun’s hands around Guigui.  He felt a sharp pain in his chest as he stares at them feeling annoyed for some strange reason.  Guigui stares back at him trying to figure out what had suddenly caught his attention for a moment before realizing that Nichkun’s hands was still on her shoulders.  She quickly shrugged off his hands and awkwardly smile, “What are you doing out here Oppa?”

 

“Huh? Oh it’s nothing, just wondering what was taking you guys so long to come inside.” Taec softly responded.

 

“Oh, well we were about to come in,” Guigui responded.

 

“Doesn’t look that way,” Taec quietly murmured to himself.

 

“What?” Guigui asked.

 

“Huh!? Oh nothing, just talking to myself.” Taec answered back.  “Well if you guys are done being secretive, come inside.  Let’s have breakfast together.”

 

Guigui quickly nodded.  She waited until Taec entered inside before grabbing onto Nichkun’s hand.  “Please don’t mention anything about yesterday to him ok.” Guigui quietly whispered into Nickun’s ear.

 

Nichkun looks at her and nods his head.  He follows behind her after closing the front door.  They head over to the dining table where Taecyeon was already seated.  To Taec’s surprise, Nichkun chose to sit next to Guigui and not next by Taec.  Nichkun turns to face Guigui and smile at her and she return a smile back to him.  They all sit there quietly waiting for this food.

 

“What are your plans for today Guigui?” Nichkun suddenly broke the silences and asked.

 

“Humm……I don’t know, maybe nothing.  I am supposed to be on bed rest for a week because of my ankle….But I think it’s already heal so……”Guigui answered back but before she could finished Taec cuts her off.

 

“What do you mean it’s healed?  Are you a doctor?  You can’t just diagnose yourself.  The doctor said to stay off your feet for a week, so that is what you should be doing.” Taec interrupted.

 

“Yeah but it doesn’t hurt anymore.” Guigui pouted.

 

“Too bad, that’s the doctor’s order.” Taec firmly replied back.

 

Nichkun looks at Guigui for a moment, “Hmm….how about I stay and accompany you today?”

 

“Oh no that’s ok.  Taecyeon is already taking off work to accompany me, but thank you though.” Guigui smiled at Nichkun as she kindly rejects his offer.

 

“OH really!?” Nichkun asked in surprise as he turns to look at Taec.  Taec sits there and nods his head quickly.  “Hmmm…I see, well then I don’t want to interrupt your alone time together then.  I shall take my leave for today but in return, I want to get the whole day with Guigui tomorrow alone,” Nichkun replied as he gets up from his seat.

 

“The whole day?” Guigui asked with a confused look. “What are you planning?”

 

“Yup, the whole day tomorrow.  Is that ok?” Nichkun answered back while he shrugged off Guigui’s question.

 

“I guess that is ok,” Guigui smiled and answered back.

 

“Who says it’s ok!” Taec quickly interrupted both Nichkun and Guigui’s conversation.  “Why don’t we all just hang out together?  Nichkun, you can stay and let’s just enjoy each other’s company.”

 

“Hahahaha, well as much fun as that seems; I am going to have to decline.  I rather have some alone time with Guigui instead of spending time with you.  I can do that any day.” Nichkun replied back to Taec’s suggestion.

Guigui also let out a giggle and Taec turns and glare at her.  She quickly tries to cover .  She quickly clears and then turns and looks at Nichkun,

 

“Anyways, sure tomorrow will be fine.  We can go do some stuff and spend some time together before I leave.  I’m glad.” 

 

 “Ok great, well that settles it.  I get to have you the whole day tomorrow.  I will come pick you up tomorrow morning,” Nichkun responded and turns around to make his way out to his car.

 

“Wait,” Guigui shouted after Nichkun.  “I will walk you out to your car.”

 

Nichkun stops and turns back around with a smile as he nods his head.  He waits for Guigui to catch up to him and they made their way outside.  Guigui stands by the front door outside and wave goodbye to Nichkun as he drives off.

 

Everything seemed to have happened so fast that Taec did not get a chance to protest against their ideas of spending time together.  “Were they both serious about tomorrow?” Taec thought to himself.  “What do they have to talk to each other about?  I mean, it’s not like they are actually close friends.” After some time thinking to himself, “Is Nichkun going to confess his feelings to Guigui tomorrow?  Is that why he wants to be alone with her?  I wonder if Guigui is going to accept his feelings, she must feel something towards him for her to agree to go out with him tomorrow.”  Taec became fluster with those thoughts in his mind.  “No, I can’t allow that to happen.”

 

“What took you so long?” Taec shouted at Guigui as she enters back inside.

 

“What is wrong with you?” Guigui asked surprised.

 

“What is wrong with me?  What is wrong with you?  Why did you walk him out?  Better yet, why are you going out with him tomorrow?” Taec interrogated Guigui.

 

“Oppa, are you ok?  You are acting strange.  Do you need some more sleep?”

 

“HUH!?  Sleep?  No I don’t need any more sleep.” Taec  yelled back at her.  “Why do you need to go out with him tomorrow alone anyways!?”

 

“I don’t know…..because I want to…..” Guigui answered Taec’s question with a bit of hesitation, unsure of what he wants her to say.  “Is that supposed to be a trick question?”

 

“What!?  Trick question???” Taec answered back dumbfounded.

 

Taec and Guigui stood there looking at each other, unsure of what to say next to each other.  The awkward silence quickly filled the room and the tension began to creep up on them.

 

Ring……ring…..ring…  Guigui’s phone began to ring, breaking the silence.  She quickly picks up the phone.  “Hello?”  After a few seconds on the phone, she covers the receiving end of her phone as she looks up at Taec, “I’m sorry oppa, I have to take this.”  Guigui swiftly walked away.

 

Taec stands there for a moment and before taking in a deep breath.  “Ok Taec, get yourself together.  You don’t have a lot of time to spend with her, you must make the best of it.” he thought to himself.  “If only she is willing to stay.  Damn, why did my confession fail?  I can’t believe it.  Should I try confessing my feelings to her again?  Would it make a difference?  It should since Yoona isn’t here to disrupt us like yesterday, or should I break things off with Yoona and make things clear between us first before confessing?  But….”

 

Taec thought about what Nichkun had said to him yesterday night, “I am in love with Guigui.  I decided to take Guigui away from you.  All you need to do now is just focus on Yoona.  From now on, I will take care of Guigui.” Taec repeated aloud.  Still puzzled by Nichkun’s sudden confession, Taec wasn’t sure of what to do.  He takes a seat on the coach and ponders what his next move should be.   Soon after Guigui comes back into the living room.

 

“Oppa, are you ok?” Guigui asked.

 

“Hum…”Taec answered back in surprise while looking up at Guigui.  “Ahhh…..it’s nothing.” he answered back with a smile to reassure Guigui.

 

Guigui stares at him for a moment, knowing that something was wrong with Taec but if he didn’t want to share it, she was not going to push him into telling her.  That would be too selfish; instead she came and sat next to him.  “What would you like to do today?”

 

“I don’t know, anyways is fine I guess.” Taec responded back.  “Is there something you want to do or need to do?”

 

“No, nothing in particular,” she quickly answered as she shook her head.  “Hum……..how about…..”

 

“What is it?” Taec asked cursiously.

 

“Well, how about we just let loose and have fun today.”

 

“Ok, like what?”

 

“How about we go to the amusement park?  We can ride the roller coasters, see some animals, and watch shows.”

 

Taec stares at Guigui as she excitedly talks about the many things they can do there.  He could see that she really wanted to go.  “Sure, that sounds ok,” Taec finally replied back even though he doesn’t really like roller coasters.  “But only if you are sure your ankle doesn’t hurt anymore.”

 

“It’s fine, trust me.” Guigui quickly answered back with a smiled.

They both get up and walk up to their rooms.  After getting change, they both come back downstairs and headed out to Taec’s car.  After driving for a while, they finally reached the amusement park.  Guigui eagerly prance her way to the booth to pay for their tickets.  After purchasing their tickets, she hands Taec his and they enter into the park.

 

“WOW!  This is so awesome.” Guigui answered with her eyes wide open.

Taec looks at her and a smile came onto his face as he stares at her excited reaction.  Suddenly, Guigui reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone.  “Let’s take a picture together,” she said as she pulled Taec closer to her.  After taking a few pictures she turns to him enthusiastically, “You want to go ride the roller coaster first!?”

 

“Huh?  Hum…..why don’t we start with something smaller.” Taec suggested.

 

Guigui lets out a giggle, “Oppa, are you scare?” she answered back while smiling and pointing at him.

 

“NO! Of course…..not.  I mean do you really want to go on the most exciting ride right away.  What would you do after that then?  Everything would only seem boring after that.”

 

Guigui listened intensely and nodded her head, “Hum….that does make sense.  Oppa you are so smart!  Ok then, where should we start?”

 

“How about the ferris wheel?”

“The ferris wheel??” Guigui asked with a bit of confusion.  “Isn’t that kind of boring.  I mean, shouldn’t we save that for last after when we are done and all tired out?”

 

“Ok then, how about we go and see the animals first?”

 

“OK!!!” Guigui quickly answered and began prancing around.

 

“Stop that, you might hurt your ankle again.” Taec worriedly shouted after Guigui as he fasten his pace to catch up to her.  “Let me know if your ankle starts hurting ok.”

 

Guigui nods and they continue to walk to see the animals.  After the animals, they decided to eat lunch first.  Afterwards they went and waited in line for a few other roller coasters and rode them all.  

 

Finally, they were approaching the big scary roller coaster rides.  Of course, only Taec thought that; Guigui happily began to hum and like a little kid she could not stay still.  Finally they made it to the top of the line and it was finally they turn next. 

 

Taec glances over at Guigui, “If you are scare, we can get out of line right now before the roller coaster comes back.”

 

“Are you kidding, I have been waiting for this.  Look,” Guigui showed Taec her hands, “I am so excited that even my hands are shaking in delight.”

 

Now the roller coaster has reached them and they enter to take their seats, there was no turning back for Taec anymore.  As the worker walked by them to secure their

seatbelt, Taec held in his breath so nobody would notice how nervous he was.  The ride started to slowly go uphill and Taec held firmly onto his buckle as he began taking in deep breaths.

 

“Oppa, are you scared?”

 

Guigui’s question quickly distracted Taec.  “No, why are you?”

 

“NO!!!!!!!!” Guigui shouted as the roller coaster suddenly dropped down.

 

“AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH…..” Taec unconsciously shouted.

Guigui lets out a laugh and then starts shouting again. “Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo……..Oppa this is soooooooo fun………………..Isn’t this exciting?”

By this time, Taec had his eyes closed shut and his head turned to the side between him and Guigui.  Guigui looks down at him and smile and starts shouting again. 

 

“Yyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.  Best day everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.”

Finally when the roller coaster had come to a stop, Taec quickly gets out of the ride.  Feeling a little dizzy, he leans on the wall.  Guigui comes up behind him, “Are you ok oppa?”

 

“Huh, oh yeah I’m fine.  Just a little dizzy, that’s all.  Nothing to worry about.”

 

Guigui smiles at him, “How about we go ride the ferris wheels now?”

 

Taecyeon nods to her and they made their way to the ride.  After waiting in line for a while, it was finally their turn.  They get onto the ferris wheel and enjoyed the beautiful night view of the city from high up above the ground.

 

“Wow, Seoul looks so enchanting, especially with all the lights.” Guigui exclaimed. 

 

Yeah, doesn’t it,” Taec responded as he move closer next to Guigui so that he can also look out at the same view as her

Despite being so closed together, they did not notice.  They were too busy gazing at the night view until finally the ride had come to a stop.  Guigui looks up at Taec and sees that he was right up against her.

 

“Omo,” Guigui shrieked as she moved back.

 

“Oh, I am so sorry,” Taec immediately apologized.  “I didn’t notice I was so close to you.  I just got so caught up in the view that……..”

 

“It’s ok,” Guigui quickly interrupted him.  She gives him a smile, “Shall we go have dinner?”

 

“Dinner sounds great,” Taec responded.  “I didn’t even notice how hungry I was until now, how strange.”

 

They both leave the amusement park and Taec takes them to one of his most favorite restaurant.

 

“Oh, so we are eating here?” Guigui asked surprised.

 

Taec nods his head, “Yes why, you don’t like this place anymore?”

 

“No, I still love this place.  This is my most favorite restaurants here.  I always have to come and eat here whenever I am in Korea.” Guigui responded with a smile.  “I can’t even remember the last time I came here, it’s been so long.”

 

Taec smiled “This place actually has become my favorite place too.”

 

“Ah….is that so,” Guigui responded looking at him.  “Hum, I don’t know how I feel about that.”

 

“What do you mean?” Taec asked.

 

“It means I don’t know how I feel about you copying me,” Guigui teasingly answered back with a laugh.

 

Taec stares at her and just smile.

 

“Have you eaten here a lot?” Guigui asked.

 

“Yeah,” Taec answered back.

 

“By yourself or….”Guigui pauses for a moment, unsure if she should ask.  “Or do you bring others with you?”

 

“Always by myself,” Taec answered immediately without any hesitation.  “This is our place that we found together, there’s no way I would want to share it with anybody.  It’s our secret place and it holds many of our memories together here.”

 

Guigui smiles at his answer feeling touched. 

 

The waitress comes and takes them to their seats and hands them the menu.  After carefully looking at the menu, they were finally ready to order.  The call over the waitress and gives her their order.  After the waitress walks off, Guigui turns to Taec.

 

“So…….are you feeling better?”

 

“Hum.  What do you mean?” Taec asked back in confusion.

 

“Earlier this morning, something seemed like it was bothering you.  Are you ok now?  You don’t need to tell me what it is as long as you’re ok.”

 

“Oh……..” Taec pauses and looks down for a moment before lifting his head up and looking Guigui in her eyes with a reassuring smile.  “Yeah, I think I am ok now.  Thank you.”

 

Guigui happily smiled back at him.  “That’s good to hear, looks like the amusement park worked after all.”

 

“What do you mean?” Taec asked confused.

 

Guigui places her finger on her curved lips and whisper, “It’s a secret.”

 

After they were finish eating, they get into Taec’s car and began to drive home.  Although it was pretty late, Taec did not want to end the night yet. “Do you want to rent some movies and watch them in my room?”

 

“Sure,” Guigui answered back without turning to look at Taec.  She was too busy staring out the window and enjoying the night view with all the beautiful lights.  They stop by a movie rental store and got out of Taec’s car to go inside.  After browsing all of the movies, they ended up picking 5 movies.

 

“Are we even going to finish watch all of these?” Guigui asked as she looks at Taec.

 

“Yeah, we can stay up late and watch movies together until we fall asleep.” Taec replied back.

 

They rented the movies and drove home.  Once they arrived at home, they both went into their separate rooms to shower and get changed into something more comfortable.  After about 30 minutes later, Guigui walks over to Taec’s room and began knocking on the door.  When he opened up the door, he saw her standing there in her PJs with her hair tied up and still damped.  She was holding a pillow and a blanket.  Taec made way so that Guigui could come into the room. 

 

“So what would you like to watch first?” Taec asked while walking back to his TV.  He turns back and looked at her, “A horror movie?”

 

Guigui nods her head with a big smile on her face.  She then turns around and walks on over to Taec’s bed.  She quickly hops on and made herself comfortable.  After Taec was finished putting in the movie, he quickly walks on over by Guigui and lay next to her.  After continuously watching movie after movie after movie, they both began to feel sleepy.  While watching the movie, Guigui slowly started getting drowsy and fell asleep. 

 

“You want to watch the last movie or wait till tomorrow?” Taec asked as one of the movie came to an end, but there was no answered.  He turned to Guigui and realized that she had already fallen fast asleep.

 

He turns his body around so that he could face her.  He stares at her for a while, mesmerized by her beauty; her small delicate frame, peaceful yet beautiful small face, soft inviting scrumptious lips, and those dark long lashes.   Like a thief in the middle of the night, he couldn’t help but steal a kiss from her as she sleeps and another kiss, with a another kiss, and another one.  He felt as though he couldn’t look away, even when his eyes became heavy, he tried to fight it and reopened his eyes again just so he could get another look at her until finally, and he was unable to fight it anymore.  His eyes finally closed and he fell into a deep sleep along with Guigui.