Guigui’s Departure

The Way We Used To Be

The next morning, Guigui wakes up and goes downstairs like usual.  She comes and sits across from Taec and began eating her breakfast as she talks to her uncle. 

 

“Guigui, do you want me to drive you to work today?” Taec asked.

 

“No, it’s ok.  I will be going into work a little later.” Guigui responded.

“Oh really, why is that?” Taec asked curisouly.

“I don’t know, just because I guess,” Guigui answered with a smile on her face.

Taec nods his head and continue to finish his breakfast.  He gets up and goes back upstairs to get dress.  Once he was finished, he came back downstairs to leave for work.  “I’ll see you later for dinner?” Taec asked Guigui as he leaves.

Guigui just smiled at him, she didn’t want to answer because she knew she wasn’t going to be there when he returned back from work.  After watching Taec leave for work, she goes upstairs and carried her luggage downstairs.  She went and said her goodbyes to all the staffs in the house and then handed Tongtong the yellow envelope.

“Can you give this to Taecyeon Oppa when he gets home later tonight?  It’s really important,” Guigui asked.

“Sure!  I’m going to miss you Guigui.” Tongtong replied.  “Don’t forget to write to me ok.”

“Yeah, don’t worry I will.  Also, thank you; you have been a really good friend to me since I have arrived here.”

“Don’t mention it; it was a pleasure getting to know you and having you as a friend.” Tongtong answered.

  They hugged each other, promising to stay in touch.  Her friends arrived at the house in a van taxi and Aaron gets out grabbing her things and putting it in the car.  Guigui finally makes her way to say her farewell to her uncle.  After a tearful goodbye, she finally left.  Since they still had some time, they decided to stop by a café to get something to drink.  As they were getting out of the taxi, they run into Nichkun.  They all went inside and began talking to kill some time.  As they were chatting, Xiao Gui accidently slips out that they were all leaving back to the states again, including Guigui.

“What!?  Guigui you are going back too?  What about Taec?” Nichkun asked surprised.

“Please don’t tell Taec, he doesn’t know.  I don’t want to upset him with the news.  He has enough things on his mind with work and Yoona, I don’t want to add on to it,” Guigui pleaded.

Nichkun nods his head, “So how long are you going for?  When are you coming back?”

“Hum…well you see……..I won’t be coming back anymore.” Guigui answered.

“Are you serious?  And you’re really not going to tell Taec?  What about your marriage contract?” Nichkun asked worried for his friend.

“Regarding our marriage, I already explained to uncle that I want a divorce and that it’s my fault; so it won’t affect Taec’s inheritances, don’t worry about that.” Guigui quickly assured Nichkun.

“That;s not what I meant.  I mean, don’t you think Taec would mind if you all of a sudden just disappear?” Nichkun asked. 

 “No, of course not, I am sure Taec won’t mind.  I mean, since I voided the contract on my own and he is still going to receive his inheritances then he should be ok with it, since that was the whole purpose of this fake marriage anyways.” Guigui replied.

“Are you sure this will be ok?” Nichkun asked again still shocked from the news.

Guigui nods her head, “Thank you Nichkun; for everything that you have done for me.  It was great getting to know all of you.  Please tell the others I said goodbye.” Guigui said while smiling at him.

Aaron comes and taps Guigui on the shoulder, “Guigui, it’s time for us to leave.”

Guigui nods and gets up.  She gives Nichkun a quick bow and said farewll.  As he sat there, watching her leave; he began to debate on whether or not he should call up Taec to let him know of the news.  After thinking for a couple of minutes, he decided that it was best to tell him.  He calls up Taec, but no answer.  He tries again, and again, and again, and yet still no answer. 

“Is this how it’s supposed to be?  Is it alright if she leaves like this, without telling Taec?  He would be so brokenhearted, especially since he just realized his feelings for her,” Nichkukn thought to himself.  He gets into his car and starts driving as he tries to call Taec again.  Since there was no answer, Nichkun drives to Taec’s workplace.  He asked where he could find Taec and one of the assistant told him that Taec was in a meeting in the conference room.  Without hesitations, Nichkun runs up to the room and opens the door, he sees Taec sitting there, listening to a presentation given from one of his employee.

“Nichkun, what are you doing here?” Taec asked surprised.

“GET UP TAEC!  Let’s go,” Nichkun shouted.

“Dude, I am in the middle of a meeting here.” Taec answered back.

“No, you don’t understand.  You don’t have much time left,” Nichkun responded as he walks over, trying to pull on Taec’s arm.

“No time for what?  Whatever it is, I’m sure it can wait until I get done with this meeting.  It’s almost over; just give me 30 more minutes.”

“NO!  Guigui is getting ready to get on a plane back to the states right now and she doesn’t plan on returning back!” Nichkun finally shouted as everybody stares at them.  He didn’t want to make a scene, but with Taecyeon’s hesitation, he was left with no choice but to tell him in front of everybody.

After hearing the news about his wife, he quickly gets up, “WHAT!?”

“Yeah man, come on.  Let’s hurry up and go.”

Taec and Nichkun began to run and got into Nichkun’s car since it was already parked in the front of the building.  Nichkun tried to speed through the traffic, but unfortunately, there were too many cars. 

As they were stuck in the traffic jam, Taec turns to Nichkun and asked.  “How do you know that she is leaving?”

“I ran into her at the café near the airport.”

“She told you she was leaving?  Maybe she is just dropping off her friends there.”

“No, she is leaving.  I don’t think she was even going to tell me but one her friends accidentally slipped it out when I asked what they were doing there instead of going to work.”

“You are sure she is leaving?” Taec asked anxiously.

“Yeah man, I asked her if she was coming back and she said no.  She told me that she had taken care of everything before she left so there are no reasons for her to return as well.  All of her friends are going back to the states with her.”

As the traffic began to slowly move again, Nickun stepped down on the gas pedal and speed through all the cars, swerving from lane to lane.  Once they reach the airport, Nichkun parked the car in the front and they both ran inside, trying to look for Guigui or any of her friends for that matter.  They look up at the board, but there were so many planes leaving to the United States that it was impossible to know which flight she was on.  They go up to the counter and ask the receptionist to check.  He gave them Guigui’s name and the receptionist pulled up her information. 

“Hold on one moment sir, let me call to see if the plane has left yet ok,” the attendant replied.

She picks up the phone and dials a number, after a few minutes talking on the phone; she puts the phone back down.  “I’m sorry sir; it looks like the plane had already taken off about 15 minutes ago.”

Taec, shocked and surprised by everything, asked the attendant to check again, in case there was a mistake.  She nods her head and checks again; still the outcome was the same.

Taec takes a deep breath as he starts walking away slowly.  He didn’t know what to do anymore, should he buy a ticket and chase after her?  How can he, when he didn’t even know where she was going.  Where did she use to live before she moved to Korea, he ponder to himself.  Nichkun comes and pat Taecyeon on the shoulders, helping lead him to the car.  They both sat in the car speechless.  Taec sat in there with a blank look on his face.

“Are you ok man?” Nichkun finally asked as he started driving away from the airport.  “Hey Taec!?”

Still Taecyeon could not utter out a single word, for he is still shock. 

“Look man, everything will be ok.  Everything always happens for a reason, don’t be so down about it.  If you really love her, why don’t you go after her?” Nichkun asked.

“I can’t.  I don’t even know where she lives.” Taec finally manage to answer.  After a few minutes later, Taec turns to Nichkun, “I am such a bad husband, you know that.  I don’t know anything about my wife at all.  All this time that we were married, I didn’t even bother asking her about any of her interests, likes, and dislikes.  The only things I knew about her was that she liked the ocean, and who her friends were because they were around.  That is it, when the attendant asked me for her birthday, I couldn’t even tell her.  No wonder Guigui left, if I was her; I would want to leave too.”

“Come on man, don’t think like that.  You should know that isn’t how she thought of you.  In fact, she was grateful for meeting you, remember that.” Nichkin answered back, trying to cheer up Taec.

“Can you just take me home?” Taec replied as he turn to look out the window lifelessly.