Our Little Getaway

The Way We Used To Be

As Taecyeon gets up the next morning and prepares to leave for his mini trip with Yoona, Guigui is preparing to go to work.  Taecyeon comes downstairs so that Guigui and him can have breakfast together.  On his way down he hears a knock at the front door; he goes and opens the door to find Aaron standing there.

“Hello,” Aaron greeted.  “Is Guigui ready?”

Instantly annoyed by Aaron’s presence, Taecyeon was about to answer but Guigui came down the stairs.

“Aaron, you’re here,” Guigui responded as she walks down the stairs smiling.  “Right on time.”

  “Yup, you know me, always have to be punctual.  How can I keep a lady waiting?” Aaron replied back as she gives her a smile.

As Guigui was about to leave, Taec grabs her arm, “Ya, you are going to leave just like that?  What about our breakfast together?”

“Are you not leaving right now Taec?” Guigui asked.  “I thought you would be leaving so I figure I would have breakfast with Aaron.”

“Well I am not!  So let’s eat together first,” Taec replied.  He pauses for a moment, reluctant to ask Aaron to join them but before he could actually invite him; Guigui had already asked Aaron into the house and to join them for breakfast.  As they all sit there waiting for their food to be served, Taec notice Guigui and Aaron’s happy interactions together.  “It’s like I am not even here.” he thought to himself bitterly while making a face.

“Oh yeah Guigui, there is this little town about 2 and a half hours out of the city that I want to take you to later.  They have this really nice and cozy restaurant there that we can check out along with the other restaurants that we will be going to later  Also, the drive there is beaufiful.”

“Oh really, wow that sounds nice; I can’t wait!” Guigui answered back enthusiastically.

“I thought that you two were going to the office to work?” Taec interrupted while they were going over their plans.

“We are working,” Guigui responded back.

“Then what is all this talk about going out and eating at restaurants together then?”

“We are researching.  We need to come up with a concept for the restaurant, so we decided to go look around at other places to give us an idea of what is already out there,” Guigui responded.

Taec stares at her for a while, trying to figure out if this really is work related or if they are just using work as an excuse so they can go on a date together. 

Guigui ignores his stares and continue on with the conversation she is having with Aaron.  She looks at her watch, “Oh, Aaron we should get going.” 

“Ok, shall we then,” Aaron replied as he gets up from the table.  They both heads to the front door and before they were able to leave, Taecyeon stopped Guigui.

“YA!  Aren’t you even going to say bye to me.  I will be gone for the whole weekend, shouldn’t you wish me a safe trip or chat with me for a little bit.  Why are you in such a rush to leave?”

“Oh sorry, have a safe trip.  I will see you when you get back,” Guigui quickly answered while trying to make her way out the door.

“How late will you be working tonight?”

“Hm…I am not sure, maybe late.”

“Well don’t stay too late, you hear me.  I don’t want you to overwork yourself.  Come back home early.  I will call you later tonight around 9:00pm ok.”

“I’ll see, but I can’t guarantee anything.” Guigui quickly said as she tries to leave again.

“Ya, seriously what is the deal with you trying to run out of here?” Taec asked while holding onto her arm, feeling annoy of the fact that Aaron and Guigui will be spending the entire day today, enjoying different restaurants together.

“Taec Oppa, I really don’t have time now.  Besides, aren’t you leaving as well?  You don’t want to be late on your trip right.” Guigui answered as she pulls her arm out of Taec’s grip.

As Taec pauses, thinking about his trip Yoona before responding back; but by the time he looked up, Guigui had already went outside and got into Aaron’s car.  As they drove off, Guigui rolled down the window, “By oppa, enjoy you trip.  See you when you get back,” she shouted.

Taec stood there at the door stunned at how eager his wife was to leave with another man.  “Seriously, I don’t know why I am so worry about her leaving with another man when clearly, she isn’t even concern about me leaving with another woman,” he thought to himself as he finally closes the door.  He went up and grabbed his bag. 

As he arrived at Yoona’s house, he sees her standing outside with her luggage.  He goes out and puts her bag into the trunk and opened the door for her to get in.  Once both of them were in the car, he started driving.  They both sat there quietly as he drove thinking about Guigui and Aarons work date; half way to the spa, Yoona turns to Taec.

“Oppa, can we go back home.  I don’t feel good.”

“Huh?  Are you ok, where are you hurting?”

“Hmmm..” Yoona replied while shaking her head.  “It’s nothing, I just have a headache.  I think it’s because I didn’t get enough sleep yesterday.  I was so excited about going on this trip with you that I didn’t get a wink of sleep.”

Taec nods his head as he looks at her for a moment to make sure that she is really ok and not in any pain.  He turns the car back around and drove her back to her house.  He parks the car and grab her things.

“Do you want me to stay with you for a while until you feel better?” Taec asked while handing her things to her.

“No, it’s ok.  Sorry oppa for ruining our trip together, especially since I was the one who suggested it.” Yoona replied while making a sad face.

“Don’t worry about it, there’s always next time.  Now go inside and get some rest ok.  Call me if you need anything,” Taec answered while shooing her away.

“Next time ok oppa.  Next time we will definitely go when I feel better,” Yoona responded back while smiling at him.  She then turns and walked into her house.

Taec watches her go inside her house before returning to his car.  Once he was seated insided, he let out a sign of relief.  After realizing that he had done so, he felt uncertain as to why he felt so relieved about not going on a trip with Yoona.  As he drove home, he began to ponder why.  What were the reasons as to why he was so hesitant about their trip together to the spa?  What was different about it, it wasn’t like this was going to be their first trip together.  They went on plenty of trips, whether it was his business trip or just for fun.  They have gone alone together numerous times, so what was different.  He kept thinking about it to himself, asking why, why is it that deep down inside he didn’t really want to go with her.  Was it because he felt uneasy that morning about Guigui and Aaron together?  “That must be it.  It must be from this morning.  I felt so annoyed this morning that I must’ve not calmed down yet,” he thought to himself with a big smile on his face thinking that he had finally solved the problem.