Fated Meeting

The Way We Used To Be

After they finished drinking, they both left the bar.  Nichkun decided that Taec was too drunk to drive, so he told Taecyeon that he will take him home.  “Wait here for me while I get my car and pull it around,” Nickhun told Taec.  As Taecyeon is stumbling walking on the sidewalk to look for Nickhun, he bumps into a girl and fall downs.

“Ow! Hey, are you ok mister?” he heard somebody asking him. 

He quickly gets up, “Hey watch where you are going!  Are you blind, didn’t you see me walking here,” he snapped at the girl.  

“I am so sorry mister.  I wasn’t paying attention to where I was walking.  Are you hurt?” this girl ask him.

By this time, Nichkun saw what happened, and ran over to where Taecyeon and the girl was.  “I am so sorry miss; my friend here is having a really bad day.  Please allow me to apologize in his place.  Are you hurt miss,” Nichkun asked the girl.

“No I am fine.  Thank you and I am sorry.  It was my fault.  I wasn’t paying attention you see,” replied the girl while picking up her broken phone from the ground.

“Oh I see your phone is broken now.  Can I at least get it fix for you?  What is your name miss? Mine is Nichkun,” Nichkun ask the girl.

“Oh I am sorry, where are my manners.  My name is GuiGui, and no it’s fine.  I will get it fixed on my own.  Really, it was my fault after all.  How can I make you pay for the damages that I caused,” GuiGui said to Nichkun.  “I must get going now; I have an appointment that I am running late for.”   Guigui bows and quickly leave.

Nichkun helps Taecyeon into his car and drives Taec home.  The next day Taecyeon wakes up with a bad hangover. 

“Maid, can I get some water and aspirin.  My head is killing me,” Taec yells as he gets up from his bed.  Soon after that, the maids rushed in with his cup of water and some aspirin.  He took the medicine and then goes into the bathroom and takes a shower.  After he was done washing up, he went downstairs to eat breakfast.  While Taecyeon is walking down the stairs, he sees his father speaking to someone but he could not see the persons face, since her back was turned towards the direction that Taecyeon is walking.

“Finally, you are awake.  Really, how late did you stay out last night and what were you doing?” Taecyeon’s father asked him.

“Nothing, I was just hanging out with friends.  That is all,” Taec replied to his father.

“Come here, there is someone I want you to meet,” his father said to him while gesturing for Taecyeon to come over to where they are sitting.  As Taecyeon walks over, the girl stands up to greet him.

She bows respectfully before introducing herself to him.  When she finally lifts her head, she sees that it was the same guy who she had bumped into.  “Oh! It’s you, this is a surprise,” Guigui says to Taecyeon.

“Omo, you know him GuiGui?” Taecyeon’s father asks her.

“No, not really.  I just bumped into him yesterday night before I met with you,” GuiGui answered.

“Oh the drunk guy!” Taec’s father replied while glaring at Taecyeon.  “I see.  I apologized that my son made such a horrible first impression.”

“No, not at all uncle.  In fact, I think that gives him more characters,” Guigui said laughing.

"Ok Taecyeon, since today is Saturday and you don't have to work.  I want you to take Guigui out and show her around Korea.  It's been almost 10 years since she had been here and a lot of things have changed," Taecyeon's father said to him.  "So get your future wife fimilar with this new city."

"Father, wait!  Why must I show her around?  Besides, I already told you before!  I am not marrying her.  I don't even know her besides the fact that her name is Guigui and I bumped into her yesterday night when I was....." Taecyeon said drafting off and not finishing his sentence.

"I don't care Taecyeon!  My mind is set on making Guigui my daughter-in-law.  Whether you like it or not.  Unless you want to become jobless and homeless at the same time.  Now do as I say!  Or do I..." but before Taec's father could finish the sentence Guigui jumped in.

"Uncle! Now you know you are not suppose to be getting all worked up.  It's not good for your high blood pressure," Guigui said staring at her uncle.  "Now Taecyeon, am I right?  What do you say we leave and you show me around Korea while uncle calms down," as she begins to pull on Taecyeons arm.