Serious Talk

The Way We Used To Be

After a few shots, Taecyeon decided to ask Guigui what was on his mind.

"Guigui, can i ask you something?"

"Sure what is it?" Guigui replied while stuffing food in .

"Why are you agreeing to this whole arranged marriage thing.  I mean, you are a pretty cute girl and you seem really nice.  I am sure you won't have a problem finding a boyfriend.  So why are you going along with my dad?  You don't have to you know.  Is it because of money.  How much is my father paying you.  I can double whatever the price may be, just so I can have my freedom back!" Taecyeon asked. 

"What?  I am not doing this because of money.  Trust me, I have plenty of it.  You may not know this, but I am actually really rich.  I own several 5 stars hotels and restaurant  here in Korea.  And not just here as well, I also own some in Europe, Hawaii, and the United States.  Not only that, I also own many popular clothing line brand and I have my own investment company as well.  So, I don't need your pocket change. "

"Well what it is then?," Taecyeon asked feeling fluster.

Why?  Isn't it obivous, it's because I like you," Guigui responded while smiling sweetly.

"What?  How can you like me when you don't even know me," Taecyeon replied.

"I'm just kidding.  Wow, you really can't take a joke huh," Guigui said while laughing out loud.  All of sudden she quiets down and with a serious look on her face.  "Well, the reason why I am going along with it is because it is a request from a person that I can't refuse.  It's coming from your father and after everything that he has done for me, how can I say no."

"Simple.  You just say no to him.  I do it all the time.  If I refuse this marriage, he won't care and he will insist on us going through with it.  But if it comes from you, I am sure he will reconsider, because it's obivous that he loves you very much.  Marriage is a really important issue.  Don't you want to be in a marriage where the other person will love and cherish you.  Not someone who is marrying you because he is force to.  It is unfair to both you and me."

Guigui stare at him for a moment before replying.  "Of course that is the kind of marriage I want.  What person out there doesn't want that.  But like I said, I owe your father so much.  Your father was the only person there for me and he loves me like I am his own daughter.  I can't ignore that, and if marrying you will make him happy; then you know what, I will gladly go along with it.  I am just sad to have to put you through it, because.." she pauses for a second, "from my understanding, you are in love with someone else, are you not."

Taecyeon stared at her with disbelief.  "How can there be such a stupid person?" he thought to himself.  "How can she be so selfless as to not even care about her own future?  How can she give up her own happiness to please someone else?"

"Of course I am in love with someone else.  I have been dating her for 2 years now.  She is the only person that I ever wanted to marry.  And even if I am force to marry you, I will always love only her.  She is the only person who will ever have my heart.  If you insist on this marriage, you will be in trap in a loveless marriage because I can never and will never love you!"

"Again, I am sorry to have to put you through this.  I know that you are thinking that your father and I are two very selfish people," Guigui replied with a sad look on her face.

He gets up and starts walking towards his car.  "Are you done?  Let's go, my father is probably waiting for us to return."