Shocking News

The Way We Used To Be

Early morning at Taecyeon’s house:

 

As Taecyeon is sitting at the dining table eating his breakfast, he is excitedly planning for Yoona and his 2 year anniversary.  He wanted everything to be perfect, and this time, maybe, just maybe she will say “Yes” to his proposal.  She had refused to accept his marriage proposal 3 times already.

 

 

Flashback:

 

“Yoona, I only have one wish and only you can fulfill this wish for me.  You see, I love you.  I want to spend the rest of my life loving you and only you.  So please Yoona, will you make me the luckiest man on earth.  Will you marry me?” Taecyeon asked while holding a dozen of roses in his left hand and a diamond ring in his right, while he is kneeling down on one knee.

 

“Taec oppa, I love you too.  I love you so much.  You know that right, but….” Said Yoona pausing.  “You know that I have always wanted to be a model, and not just any model.  I want to be the best.  I made a promise to myself when I was young.  I won’t think about marriage until I can fulfill my dreams.  So my answer to your question will have to be no.  I hope you can understand.”

 

Taecyeon with a disappointed look in his face, just nodded to let Yoona know that he understands.  “You are always so stubborn Yoona.  I can never win with you, but this is also one of the reasons why I fell in love with you.  I guess I have no other choice but to wait until you are ready to say yes to me.”

 

Taecyeon snaps back to reality and signs.

 

“Oh man, this has been the results every time I ask Yoona to marry me.  But next week will be different.  This time, she will definitely say yes to me.  I know she will,” Taecyeon said to himself as he gets up from the table.

 

As he starts getting ready to head out for work, his father comes into the room. 

 

“Taecyeon, do you have a minute?” asked his father.

 

“Sure, what is it dad.  You have to make it quick though, I have a meeting this morning,” Taecyeon replied back to his father.

 

“Ok.  How about I found the perfect girl for you to marry and if you refuse, then you can kiss your inheritance goodbye.  Is this quick enough for you,” replied his father.

 

“What!!!!,” Taecyeon yelled out unexpectedly.  “What are you talking about father?  I have a girlfriend that I am going to ask to marry me.  Have you forgotten Yoona?  The girl I have been dating for the last 2 years!  Who is this girl you are talking about?”

 

“I don’t care about that.  That is not my business.  All I know is that you will be marrying my best friend’s daughter.  She will be arriving back from the States in one week.” Taecyeon father says and leaves the room.

 

Taecyeon stands in his room, surprised by the news that his father had just sprung on him.

 

“What is that old man thinking?  Who the heck is this girl that he is so fond of anyways?  There is no way in hell am I going to marry anybody, unless the girl is Yoona.” Taec says to himself as he storms off to work.

 

During the meeting at work, Taecyeon could not focus at all.  His mind kept wondering off to back when his father told him that he must marry a mysterious girl.  The more he thought about it, the more frustrated he got.  His employees would occasionally stop what they are doing and ask him if he was paying attention.  After the meeting was over, he went into his office and sat down at this desk.

 

“Argh, that damn old man.  What the hell is he thinking?  What? Get married or else I will have to give up all of my inheritances!  This is insane,” he thought to himself. 

 

As it starts getting dark outside, he prepared himself to go home. 

 

Once he was home, he went and washed up.

 

Knock, knock. “Young master, dinner is ready.” said one of the maid.

 

“I will be right down” he replied.

 

As he is coming down the stairs, he sees his father already sitting at the dining table eating.  Taecyeon comes and sit across from his father.

 

“There is no way in hell am I going to marry some girl that you like,” Taecyeon said to his father.

 

His father looks at him smiling and continues to eat his diner.  Unsure of what his father is thinking, he began eating his diner as well.  After diner, he went back up to his room.  The next few days, his father never mentioned anything about him getting married again.

 

“My old man was probably just messing with me,” thought Taecyeon.  “There is no way he was serious.  Especially since he knows how much I love Yoona,” he pauses.  “But my father isn’t the type to joke about something like this.  Argh!!! What is going on?” he said to himself while scratching his head.