63 Officer Nam

Kiss or Kill

You rushed over to the fallen Jung Kook who was holding onto his last breath.

The blood that was coming out of the gash wasn’t stopping. Ripping a piece of of your shirt off, you managed to press it against Jung Kook who just winced loudly in pain.

Hyuna’s hand trembled as she watched her own father fall to the ground by her own doings.

She had always kept one knife with her at all times because her father had warned her about dangerous situations. She just never thought that her father would willingly allow her life to be at stake.

Her knife had pierced right through her father’s heart and blood spilled out endlessly. She had just killed her father.

Tears fell from her eyes and she her emotions were all over the place, “I-I killed my father?”

“Hyuna,” your voice softened as you looked up at her, but her eyes were still a bit crazy.

It was as if she was blinded with emotion and she couldn’t process what had just happened. Her breaths were uneven and she didn’t know what to do.

As she saw your eyes meeting hers and she heard Jung Kook wince in pain, the hand that she had a knife in flew up and you froze, “Don’t you dare come near me. It was you, wasn’t it? You’re the one who forced my hand! You’re the one who hurt the Kingka! It was all you! You !”

You knew that a situation like this could be traumatizing, but you didn’t know that someone would be able to completely push all the blame onto someone else like that.

“Kim Hyuna,” your voice became more firm, “I didn’t force you to do anything. All of this is happening because your father started it.”

Hyuna’s emotions didn’t seem to settle down, rather it seemed to go even more berserk if possible, “You didn’t? I… I killed him willingly? My own dad? I-I didn’t! There’s no reason for me to. He loves me and… and…”

She couldn’t even finish that sentence.

Hyuna had completely rearranged the whole scenario in a way that she no longer clearly knew what had happened at the moment.

“Yah! Kim Hyuna,” Nam Joon crossed his arms, “Use your brain a little!”

Youngjae rotated his fist a bit and then glanced up at her as well, “Are you stupid? Your father doesn’t know the meaning of love – Just greed. He only wants what is best for himself.”

Hyuna’s hand flew up to her ears and tears rolled down her cheeks, “Stop it! You don’t know what you’re talking about so just shut up!”

You knew this stage.

This was the stage of denial.

She had locked herself up in the past where she believed her father had prioritized her for everything – giving her what she wanted and what she needed.

However, Jung Kook didn’t have the time for you two to continue to bicker and argue what was the absolute truth.

Your eyes met with Hyuna’s for a brief moment and you stated sternly, “I need to get Jung Kook into a hospital. If I don’t, the massive loss of blood will cause his death.”

“No! You all only know how to lie to me,” she murmured, “There’s no reason for me to believe your words now. We’re all going to stay right here until I know who killed my father.”

You glanced over at the boys and no one knew what to do. She wouldn’t listen to any of you. Would she listen to her own posse of girls? You looked over at the three others.

They looked so weak and useless that you knew it would be hopeless. They probably couldn’t even manage to utter a single word at the state they were at now.

“Hyuna, listen to me,” you tried again, but she interrupted you.

you ,” her voice became deadly, “It was you, wasn’t it? You killed my dad! How could you? Just because you lost your parents doesn’t mean everyone else has to too!”

There was no getting through to her. There was nothing you could do or say to get her to believe you.

It was at that moment you heard the door break down and a couple of people flood the room. You all shielded your eyes as light poured in.

“Kim Hyuna,” a loud voice shouted, “Drop the knife.”

As your eyes finally adjusted to the light, you tried to figure out who the owner of the voice was. It was then that you realized the person was also one of familiarity.

It was the last member of the Fan Club – Nam Jihyun.

Beside her, there stood Akira.

What was weird was what Jihyun was wearing.

She wasn’t wearing normal school clothes – she had on the uniform of a police officer – Behind her stood the rest of her own little army of men.

A smile began crept upon your lips, but then it fell. Hope began to fade fast as you saw Jung Kook struggle to breathe.

You were slowly losing him.