52 The Epiphany

Kiss or Kill

A/N: If you guys have the time to answer this, please do so in the comments! Who are your favorite OTPs? (It can be boyxboy, boyxgirl, girlxgirl; ex: HunHan, Daragon, Taeny)


You didn’t know what to say. What did the word ‘like’ exactly mean? You liked many people – your friends especially, but at the same time, ‘like’ didn’t have to refer to friendship like.

Did Jung Kook mean lover ‘like’?

Reita had been spot on. You were incredibly dense and you didn’t even realize it yourself. All you knew was that Jung Kook’s choice of words was very vague – Though it really wouldn’t have been vague to anyone else if someone said the same thing to them.

You had awkwardly replied, “Thank you, but it’s not necessary.”

You had meant that it wasn’t necessary to protect you, but it caused Jung Kook to believe that you didn’t feel the same way about him – A misunderstanding.

“I see,” he replied, almost lifeless.

Your reply had caused him to suffer from a heart break. The first girl that he admired had become the first girl he liked and you had took his heart and stepped on it.

It was a kind of love he didn’t want to go through and it was the kind of love he wished didn’t exist. Why did he have to fall for you? Should he wait and try again? Or should he move on?

You didn’t notice his crestfallen expression – or rather, you chose not to notice it. You left the poor boy and headed back, only to be met with Yuki halfway who was supported by Jin.

“What are you doing up from bed?” your eyes widened, worried.

Jin rose his hand a bit, “Don’t worry. She’s fine.”

“Yujin,” Yuki smiled, “Thank you for worrying about me. I could see it in your eyes, but you don’t need to. I know you’re scared to face your past, but that’s the only way to completely get rid of it. Remember when I told you that the school Fan Club wasn’t all bad?”

You nodded slowly, “Yeah?”

“It’s the truth,” she explained, “The Fan Club had another leader back then. They were extremely nice and we as the students looked up to the members. Something happened to the whole group prior to your arrival at school.”

You didn’t know what Yuki wanted to prove or what her point was with the story. All you did was glance at her and Jin, confused.

“Yuki is trying to say that things change,” Jin began to help clarify, “It can change for the better, but it can also change for the worse. Until you go and face your past directly, you won’t be able to fully forget your past.”

Your expression softened, “Yuki, there’s a lot that you don’t understand –“

“She knows what happened,” Jin interjected, “Daehyun explained it all to the both of us when you went back to find her poisoned candies.”

Yuki nodded, “I know that the other boys say that it’s okay for you to stay here and avoid the one thing that’s making you suffer, but you should know that deep down, if you stay here, nothing will be accomplished. You might hurt more from being so worried about us constantly.”

How did Yuki know you so well?

She had literally just read your mind and voiced your thoughts. Everything she said was exactly what you had thought before.

“I just,” you tried to find the right words, “I don’t know what to do. What is the right choice? Do I go back? I’m so scared.”

Your legs weakened as you fell to the ground. Yuki bent down and leaned over to you as Jin helped her. She took your hands and gently patted them.

“You’re a strong girl,” she began, “You’ve always been. If you had the capability to be the Black Butterfly in your darkest times, then you must be one amazing girl. Don’t let the past hold you back. There’s no reason to be scared, because every day is a new day and we, as your friends, will stand by you no matter what – even if it puts us in a dangerous position.”

You protested, “But that’s what I want to avoid!”

“Don’t think that way,” Jin chuckled, “If there’s one thing I know, it’s that that is what friends are for. They are there to help you in the times you need them no matter what the situation is.”

He had thought back to the past – back to the time when his BTS friends had helped him in situations that called for their help.

Listening to Jin and Yuki’s words, you started to find a new source of strength – You felt like their words had caused you to finally make a breakthrough – an epiphany.

They were right.

You should go face the past.

You shouldn’t run anymore.

There was no reason for you to be scared.

You had always thought you were alone in the past – even with B.A.P’s physical presence.

However, you had emotionally isolated yourself from them back then.

Now, things were going to be different.

You knew you weren’t alone anymore.

"Thank you," A smile spread upon your face, “I know what to do now.”