02 Horrible Impressions

Kiss or Kill

After classes had all ended that day, Yuki had to go home to take care of her little brother, so she had left first. You decided to hang around the school just a little bit more, so you could explore a bit.

After wandering around the school for about half an hour, you found yourself outside the music room.

A guitar was sitting upright next to the wall and you were mesmerized by the guitar’s beauty. You used to play the guitar, but you felt like you had forgotten how to, so you were hesitant to pick it up. However, after moments of debate, you decided to try.

Your fingers touched the strings of the guitar and then you pick it up. You sat down by the window and began to strum.

[Cr: B.A.P – Coffee Shop]

By myself, I hum along to the song I like to listen to everyday.

By myself, I walk in between these familiar buildings.

Monday, Tuesday, Everyday...

I get by and I am well.

I meet up with a lot of friends.

These days, a lot of things make me laugh…

“YOU!” a loud voice came from behind you, interrupting your song. You spun around to face the source of the voice.

A boy with a white long sleeved shirt under a black short sleeved shirt came up to you and snatched the guitar from your hands, “Didn’t anyone teach you not to touch other people’s stuff?”

“Oh, sorry,” you said, still a bit stunned.

“Yeah, like ‘sorry’ is going to cut it. You’ve spoiled my guitar with your filthy hands,” he began to wipe the guitar with his shirt, “It’s too late for apologies.”

You raised an eyebrow at him in disbelief, “Excuse you. My hands are not filthy.”

“You are not excused,” he replied without hesitation.

“Who do you think you are?” you were so baffled by his response that your voice began to rise, “How was I supposed to know that guitar was yours?”

Now it was his turn to be surprised, “Everyone knows that guitar is mine. EVERYONE.”

“Well obviously it’s not everyone if I don’t know,” you scoffed to yourself.

“You must be new to the school,” he stated in annoyance.

You shrugged, “Yeah, so what?”

“So what?” he raised an eyebrow, “Are you being serious with me? Can you be more rude?”

You almost laughed at that reply, “Me, rude? I’m not the one who came barging in and snatching a guitar from the other person, alright?”

“The guitar was rightfully mine,” he said nonchalantly, “So naturally I’d take back what’s mine.”

You rubbed your temples. The boy in front of you was getting on your last nerve and you were about to lose your temper. To calm yourself, you kept repeating in your mind that he wasn’t worth the anger or the effort.

After the boy had finished cleaning the guitar with his shirt, he placed it back down on the stand and glanced back at you, “Touch my guitar again and I promise you, I will kill you.”

“It’s just a guitar,” you muttered to yourself, “Why are you making such a big fuss about it?”

He turned around, “Because it’s mine. It’s something you shouldn’t be touching anyways.”

You threw your hands in the air, “Okay. It’s your freaking guitar. I won’t touch it anymore, alright?”

“You better not.”

“Wow. Stingy, much?” you said to yourself.

He glared at you, “I heard that.”

“You were supposed to!” you countered.

You could tell you were annoying him as well. His eyebrows furrowed a bit and his breathing became uneven. The feeling of satisfaction arose and you stuck out a tongue at him, before walking away.

“Come back here,” he demanded.

You turned around, walking backwards and glancing back at him, “No. I don’t want to be near someone like you. I might catch your rudeness.”

“Yah!” he shouted after you, “Apologize!”

You ignored him and kept walking. You were almost out of the room when he took long strides towards you, pulling you back, “Didn’t you hear me? I want an apology. NOW.”

“For what? I didn’t do anything!” you declared. You twisted your arm that was in his grip, but you couldn’t get away. The grip was too strong.

“I’m not letting go until you apologize for being disrespectful,” he stated bluntly.

“Don’t make me hurt you,” you stared right back into his eyes, not backing down, “Besides, you weren’t respectful either.”

“Who do you think you are?” he glared at you, “Acting all high and mighty. You’re nothing at this school. At least I’m a – “

You didn’t give him a chance to reply. You had already kicked him in the knee, causing him to release you out of pain, “Yeah, I might be a nobody to you, but I’m a somebody to myself.”

With that, you turned to leave again.

The boy immediately reached out and grabbed your arm again, “You !”

This time, you struggled hard to get out of his grip. You were growing angry, “LET GO OF ME.”

However, he didn’t listen. You used your body weight against him, leaning away from him. It was almost as if he had a death grip. He would not let go, no matter what you did. The harder you pulled, the harder he held on.

“I’M NOT APOLOGIZING SO LET ME GO ALREADY!”

“I’M NOT LETTING GO SO APOLOGIZE!”

As you pulled from the boy, you shoe slid on the floor, causing you to slip. You fell down, and at the sudden moment, the boy who was balanced because he was grabbing onto you, lost his balance too once you fell down.

Together, the both of you fell down, one on top of the other.

Your eyes widened.

His eyes widened.

And the two of you stayed like that for a few seconds before snapping back to reality.

Using all the energy you could muster, you shoved the boy off of you.

“WHY’D YOU KISS ME?!”