The Past With Henry

That's Life With Super Junior

Yesung’s POV:

 

“Hey, I’m gonna go with Minchan to the park. We need to do some catching up…” Henry said before taking my little sister’s hand and dragging her out of the dorm. When the two left, everyone in the room stared at me. “What?” I asked out loud. “What was that about?” They all asked at the same time. “I don’t know… She hasn’t told me what happened during her college years… I wonder how the two know each other.”

 

I left to my room and let out a heavy sigh… My protectiveness is about to kick in… But I do trust Henry… How does he know Minchan? Why did they have opposite reactions when they saw each other? Why was he so in need of talking to her? Well, I’m going to go ask her when they get home…

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Minchan’s POV:

 

I was being dragged by this chubby cheeked guy who I used to love… Yes, this guy, Henry Lau, is my first love and ex-boyfriend. I got my first peck on the cheek and lips from him. He gave me the thrill of my life a few years ago…. Then he left me for fame.

 

We finally made it to the closest park. It was dark and the street lamps were bright. He brought me to a black bench and let my hand go. “Sit first. I don’t wanna be un-gentlemen like.” I slowly sat down and he sat next to me. An awkward presence was noticeable and we weren’t saying anything.

 

Finally, I had the courage to say, “It’s been a while.” He nodded. “How’ve you been?” He asked me. “I’ve been great. You?” “Alright, I like being in Super Junior M.” I nodded. He would love being in that group! It was his dream to become a singer and perform in front of everyone.

 

“Uhm… So… About the past…” He started. “You know why I left… It has nothing to do with you…” That’s what he said that time when he had to leave me…

 

You wanna know what happened between us a few years back? Well, we’re both the same age, since we’re both 22 in South Korea… So, we both met in Julliard for our first year there. He was partnered up with me for both singing and dancing classes. We became close friends and continued to hang out for the rest of the year and such. Then, on Valentine’s Day of our 3rd year there, I confessed that I liked him and he did the same to me. We ended up dating for a good year… Then, the day after our graduation at Julliard…

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I was walking to my dorm. I know that I graduated and all, but I don’t know what to do now. They allowed me to live here until I find a place to stay. I already planned to live with my friends who graduated at my old college, but I haven’t asked yet.

 

“Minchan!” I heard someone calling from behind. I turned around and smiled to the owner of the voice. It was no other than the guy I really love, Henry Lau. I walked up to him and hugged him, tight. “I have to tell you something important.” He pulled away and held my hand. “Let’s go to the café we always go to, okay? It’ll be easier for me to tell you.” I smiled and agreed to his plans. We then walked to the café across the street of our college.

 

We ordered the same thing as usual. I got a latte and he got black coffee with vanilla cream. He then ordered the dessert I disliked, fruit tart. “Why are you getting that? I thought we didn’t like it?” “Well, we’ll have reasons to hate it even more, together. Let’s just put up with it for today.” I didn’t understand why he was doing this, but I just went along with it.

 

We sat together, facing each other. We drank and ate in silent. We barely touched the tart. “So, what did you want to tell me?” I asked while poking the dessert with my fork. “Well… You know that I want to be a singer and perform in front of people.” I nodded. “You always told me that it was your dream to do that ever since you were a kid, Henry. What about it?” “I auditioned for a big company in South Korea that is willing to create a Mandarin speaking/singing group. They accepted me into the group! I’m going to perform in front of everyone!

 

I smiled at him. “That’s great news!” His smiling face fell though. “What? Why aren’t you happy about it?” I asked. “…Well, I am happy about it… But the company says I can’t date anyone.” My eyes widen. “What do you mean by that?” “I can’t date for a while, Minchan. Meaning…” He looked up at me. “I’m sorry. I have to break up with you in order to continue my dreams… You said you would always support me when it came to that specific dream… I hope you understand.

 

I gave him a sad smile. “I understand, Henry… Thanks for telling me why.” He grabbed my hands and kissed them gently. “Minchan… I really do love you. Don’t think I’m breaking up with you because I dislike you. It has nothing to do with you. It’s just about my dream job… If fate brought us together again and we both still have feelings for each other… Let’s try and restore our relationship, okay?” I nodded. “Okay, let’s try doing that.

 

“Minchan, thank you for everything. Thanks for teaching me some Korean. And because of that, I was able to audition. I also thank you for letting me teach you some Mandarin, Japanese, and French. Use that for traveling, okay? Thank you for giving me the best first relationship ever. I truly love you.” He let out a heavy sigh. “Thanks for everything, Henry… You gave me a great experience in love. I really do love you too. Take care, okay? I hope you will success in life…

 

He nodded and let my hands go. “I’ll be going… My flight to South Korea is tonight… Goodbye, Minchan.” He got up and kissed my forehead before walking out of the place. I looked at the tart and forced a laugh out. “That’s why you wanted to buy this weird dessert… So that I can hate the last food we ate together… Well thanks, I really do hate this crap.” I grabbed the paper plate and threw it into the trash can. I sat back down and drank more of my warm drink. My body was cold. I was in the verge to cry. But I couldn’t because it would show that I won’t support his dream…

 

I finished my drink and threw all the garbage away. I slowly walked back to the dorm. When I reached my dorm, I plopped onto my bed and let all the tears flow out… Ignoring the knocks from the door and the calls I got from him. I hate this day… I can’t believe he dumped me for fame… Henry Lau, I love you so much…

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

That whole entire day flashed before me. I looked at him. “Do you still…” I asked. He didn’t react at first… But then he later nodded. “I do… I do like you still. It lessened from love to like. I missed you so much…” I sighed. “Well, I can’t tell you if I do or not… It’s been a while. And… I cried a lot because of you… So I can’t really tell if I really do like you still because of what you put me through years back.” “I understand Minchan… I don’t wanna rush you.”

 

I smiled and patted his back. “Changing the topic… I think you deserve a punishment from me for not telling me you are in Super Junior M. Also, for not telling me you worked with my brother. ” His eyes widen. “You wouldn’t dare.” “Oh yes, Henry. I would. You know my past. I think you can see what kind of pain I’ll put you through.” I got up. “But I’ll let you off. Since you’ll make it up by buying us ice cream.” He laughed and stood next to me. “Of course… I will buy you your favorite, cookies n’ cream, right?” “You remembered.”

 

He held his hand out and I smiled. Instead of taking it, I linked arms with him. “Yah, we’re not a couple.” He nodded and we headed off to the closest ice cream place. “HENRY!! MINCHAN!” We heard from behind. We turned around and saw…