Mistaken Feelings

Magical Eunya Village

 

The sound of sword  waving in the wind very fast caught So Eun attention. In the rear garden of the Bae Mansion, Il Woo was plying to practice. The wind flapped his white clothes and his short sword whirled in his hand. The scene looked spectacular.

Watching the way Il Woo using his sword and moving his body flexibly, she could not help but admired him secretly. Sword art of Bae family was really famous all over the country. That's the reason why they could protect their Village for generations.

- Agassi!

Bae Il Woo realized her presence. He paused then walked close to her.

- You got up so early huh? Or the sound of my sword woke you up?

She shook her head, smiling:

- Ani. I just want to walk around in the morning. I saw this beautiful garden first and then heard your sword waving - she looked around for a moment and then continued - you practiced so hard and your sword art is amazing I should say.

- Oh, you're too polite to say that - Il Woo humbly said - by the way I'm tired. Let me walk with you around if you don't mind.

- It's very kind of you. I want to go to the Soul Valley.

- Alright, let's go.

The Valley was still immersed in the virtual mist. They slowly walked side by side on the winding cobbled path. There's no sound other than the melodious singing of birds.

- How was your sleep last night? - Bae Il Woo looked at her with full of tenderness and affection.

- Thanks for your care. The cozy atmosphere made me sleep very well.

- Ms Kim - Il Woo suddenly stopped walking and lowered his voice - we're not strangers anymore, why do we still use formal speaking?

- Mr. Bae - So Eun confusedly asked - what do you mean?

- I mean... May I call you So Eun and you can also call me Il Woo?

- Oh, I don't mind. If you said so, I will do. Il Woo.

- So Eun - Il Woo exclaimed and stared at her, that made So Eun cheeks slightly flushed. She turned to walk forward. Il Woo watched her from behind for a moment and then followed her.

- Il Woo, may I see your soul tree?

- Oh ...

- Ah, sorry. If it's inconvenient, I don't want to. Let's go.

- So Eun ah, it's alright. Just follow me.

Il Woo grabbed her hand and pulled her to turn into a small branch on the way. After a round, at last they were standing in front of a tree which was hanging a lot of charms. The tree was high, overlooked rather solid but somehow its foliage was limp and there's no flower.

- Il Woo ah, this is ...

Bae Il Woo let go of her hand, pensively looked up at his soul tree, quietly replied:

- That's why I didn't want to let you see my soul tree. My Grannie hung all theses charms to retain my life. But unfortunately I will not being through. That's my destiny.

So Eun felt like her heart sank. She looked up at the tree which was slowly wilting and then at Il Woo. It was maybe his true destiny?

- Il Woo ah - So Eun walked over, put her hand on his arm and said gently - don't be so discourage like this. You can change the fate, I believe that. Who knows what it can do ...

- So Eun ah - Il Woo uttered softly and then suddenly held her in his arms that made her at first did not know how to respond. After knowing the heartbreaking truth, she could not push him out. Both just stood like that for a long time, until Il Woo spoke:

- So Eun ah, please forgive me. I should not let you have to worry about me.

- Il Woo, do not say so. We've known each other just not for long but I always considered you as my friend right from the start. If there's anything bother you, please don't keep inside.

- Friend? - Il Woo repeated her words. He let go of her arm, stepped back and muttered as saying to himself - Yes, I can not ask for anything more from you. Being friends is better, for you and myself.

After saying these words, Il Woo turned away. So Eun was standing there for a moment. Coming to this Village was under her Master will. She could not neglect her duties just because of the love of her own. But Il Woo was so pitiful. Looking at his handsome appearance and his warm smile, So Eun could not think that he knew his dismal fate. What could she do for him? She rushed forward, chasing after Il Woo.

- Il Woo ah! Il Woo! Wait me!

But he was out of sight. So Eun sighed and then fleeted back to the Bae Mansion.