Leaving

Magical Eunya Village

 

- Ms. Kim, are you really leaving?

- Madame Bae, I'm so sorry for bothering you and your family for the last few days. If there was anything wrong, please forgive me.

- Agassi, you're too polite to say that. Although the festival is over, but if you don't mind, stay here some more time.

- That's right, onnie - Suzy held her hand. Her eyes were red already - I really miss you onnie. Please stay.

So Eun gently Suzy hair and then looked up and glanced around. Il Woo was not here. She felt a sadness in her heart.

- Il Woo didn't know that you would leave today, did him? - The Old Lady understood her look. She kindly questioned.

- Perhaps, Madame. I didn't have any chance to tell him. Please send my thanks to Il Woo. I have some urgent works to do, that's why I can not delay anymore. I would like to express my sincere thanks to your kindness and everything. It's time to say goodbye.

- Ms. Kim - Hwang Jung Min stepped forward, smiling - if you said so, we can not hold you back. Where are you going? Should we you a short way?

- Lady, I'll go to Silky Town and stay there in a few days before going to Green River Town. It's late now, I should go.

- So take care yourself, Agassi.

- Stay healthy, Madame Bae. If I have time, I certainly come back to see you.

- Agassi - the Old Lady took her hand, smiling - Our family always welcome. Be careful.

She nodded and then turned to Suzy, she her cheek, smiling gently:

- Suzy, do not be sad. I want you to do me a favour. Il Woo's health is not good, so promise me to pay attention to him a little more, huh? We'll definitely have a chance to meet again, don't look like that. I gotta go now. Remember what I ask you, don't you?

- I do, onnie. Don't worry - She sobbed - I'll accompany you to the Gate.

So Eun nodded and turned to say goodbye to Madame Bae and the second lady. When she and Suzy came out to the gate of Bae Mansion, she saw Il Woo standing there ever since. He silently looked up at the sky, didn't realize that she and Suzy were behind.

- Il Woo!

He did not turn back, but his head was slightly lowered. It seemed that he had heard her words. Suzy stopped and looked at So Eun, sadly said:

- Onnie, come and talk with oppa. I'm going back. Remember to visit us sometimes, ha?

- Suzy, of course I will. Pinky swear!

Suzy forced a smile, then turned and ran quickly. Looking at her shoulders shaking, So Eun couldn't help but dropping her tears.

- So Eun, are you crying?

She looked up and tried to smile:

- Well, I don't know goodbye is such a hard word to say. Suzy is like my sister and it's so sad to leave her.

- So you can stay here - Il Woo hopefully exclaimed, but then he suddenly paused and shook his head - Oh, I'm so confused, right? You have a lot of work to do, how can I ask you to stay?

- Il Woo ah - So Eun sadly looked at Il Woo. She did not know what to say to make him understand without hurting him - You know I... I mean, I always consider you as my brother... I...

- You don't have to say that again - Il Woo interrupted her, shaking his head - It's late now, you should go. Take care.

Right after finishing his words, Il Woo turned and surfed the wind to fly away. In a moment, he was out of sight. So Eun silently watched behind him for a while. Her heart was heavy. She turned to look again at the Bae Mansion before walking down to the main road leading to the Gate.

Il Woo stood on the top of an eunya tree which was near the Bae Mansion. Seeing the slender figure of So Eun standing in front of the gate for long, he wanted to run to her, to hold her back, to express his true feeling. But finally his mind defeated his heart. Looking at her quietly leaving, Il Woo suddenly could not stand it anymore, he landed gently and ran towards So Eun.

Before he could call her, a blue figure stopped in front of So Eun and at that moment, Il Woo recognised Junho. He saw the two people talking to each other a few words and then Junho held her hand. Only for a moment and then Junho let her go but Il Woo felt like a knife stabbing at his heart. A strange feeling suddenly aroused inside him, even though it's not clear, but vaguely not good.

Il Woo clenched his fist, looking at the two of them slowly walked towards the Gate. Although they didn't look nor speak at each other but Il Woo felt insecure. Why was he so upset? Il Woo could not analyze himself. He quietly followed them, keeping a sufficient distance so as not to be detected.

Junho and So Eun stopped at the Gate, then Il Woo saw Lee Sang giving her a black bag, and then So Eun bowed to say goodbye before walking out the Gate. Junho and Lee Sang immediately were back into their house.

- Il Woo!

- Eomi!

Hwang Jung Min patted on his shoulder. She looked toward the Gate and smiled gently:

- She's already gone. What are you looking at?

Il Woo lowered his head and didn't respond.

- Did you take your medicine?

- Medicine... medicine... always medicine. How long my life have to rely on medicine? - The fire still smoldering in his heart suddenly exploded that he could not control - Do you feel sympathy to me? Am I so pitiful? I lived thanks to your medicine in the last 20 years, but it didn't help me to get the girl I love.

- Il Woo - Jung Min seriously looked at him, but still said in a gentle voice - I don't allow you to say so. We rely on you, your Grannie, me, Suzy, all have faith in you. And now you can say those words to your eomi?

- Eomi, I'm sorry - Il Woo looked at her sad face, he took her hand, softly uttered - I shouldn't say so.

- It's alright. I just want to remind you that your power should spend on managing our family rather than on some beautiful lady. Kim So Eun is not the only girl in the world. A lot of girls want to be close to a noble young man like you. Do you understand?

A bitter expression appeared on his face and then immediately returned to calm. Hwang Jung Min noticed that, she caressed his hand and sweetly said:

- Il Woo, do not worry. Nothing is impossible. It is important that you are determined or not. Your status once well-known, who that lady eventually will belong to, is it you who decide it, isn't it?

Il Woo looked at her bright eyes, he felt the fire in his heart even more violent than before. He clenched his fists, strongly nodded:

- Eomi, you always understand me. I will listen to you.

- It must be. Il Woo, you will not make me disappointed, right?

Hwang Jung Min held his arm and walked slowly beside him.

- Suzy now is 15. Perhaps I will talk to your aunty about her marriage. What do you think about Junho?

- Junho? - Il Woo exclaimed - Why do you ask about Junho? You ...?

- Yeah, you did not notice that she was in love with that brat? I think he's not bad. His face looked usually cold, but he's a talent. Bae family have him like a tiger has a wing. What do you think?

Il Woo still was silent. The scene between Junho and So Eun a few minutes ago just now appeared in his mind. He understood Junho. He loved Suzy like his sister. If he didn't want, there was no way to force him.

- I will talk to your aunty and then will visit Lee Sang. I think, he did not pass a good opportunity to be in-laws with our Bae family.

Il Woo neither nodded nor shook.

Junho was important to him.

But So Eun was very important too ...

He could not lose her.