Stubborn Love

Magical Eunya Village

 

 

[Flash back]

 

Il Woo hesitated in front of the Silkworm Inn. A large and luxury horse carriage parked at the door that he guessed that it belonged to So Eun. Goods are loaded in the rear car. The driver was cleaning the curtains but it's just to kill the time, because everything was too clean. He knew that So Eun would be probably down for a moment then he stood outside waiting for her. Sun began to rise in the sky, but the air was still very cold. Sometimes he bent down to cough but thanks to his father's drug, he felt better.

- Il Woo, why are you standing here? It's too cold ...

- I'm fine, don't worry - Il Woo smiled when he heard her worried voice. He immediately startled to see her bandaged wrist. But before he could say anything, she shook her head to imply that she's fine.

- Il Woo, get inside and talk. It's very cold out here.

Il Woo nodded and followed her. The large guest room was empty. It was still quite early, especially in the cold weather like this.

- I don't bother you, anyway?

So Eun just shook her head and then asked the servant to bring a pot of tea. Il Woo knew her then he frankly said to the point:

- So Eun ah, I really found out my real status. I truly unexpected that, really. But anyway, thank you. Thank you for letting me know the truth. It's better than knowing nothing.

- I understood. No need to thank me. It's your right to know - So Eun paused a moment and then she asked - Il Woo ah, did you ask them about the Yoon family for me?

Il Woo suddenly looked down at the table:

- Yes, of course.

So Eun impatiently cried:

- Then what did they say?

- She said it was an accidental fire - Il Woo took a deep breath and finally answered - perhaps they drank too much that day to celebrate their one - month daughter, then they could not get out. The fire happened at midnight, their house at the foot of the Hill and it's the dry season so the villagers could not rescue them.

So Eun did not say a word. If it's just a normal fire, why her Master forced her to come here to investigate. If not someone harmed them, why did she keep the hatred inside her heart for so many years.

- So Eun ah, what are you thinking?

- Ani. I just thought about one strange thing that I could not understand.

- What is it? Tell me if I can help.

So Eun looked straight at Il Woo and frankly said:

- Well, if nothing suspicous about that case, why did your parents send people watching me?

Il Woo tried his best to keep his calm face:

- They were just worried that you intended to do something bad to the Village. That's all. But now it's clear and I must say I'm so sorry on behalf of them.

- No problem, Il Woo ah. I hope that everything they had done was only for your sake and that no one was hurt.

- Believe me, I don't let them do anything bad. I promise. But this truth...

- Don't worry. If I wanted to expose this truth to everyone, I would not tell you in private. I'm sure that your ... your mother was suffering a lot. Forgive her.

Il Woo held her hand suddenly:

- You are too kind to me, So Eun ah.

So Eun pull her hand back politely and stood up:

- I have to go. It's late now.

But Il Woo didn't intend to get up. He slowly said with a serious voice:

- So Eun ah, I have one thing to tell you - Il Woo raised his hand to stop her talking - If I don't tell you right now, probably I will not have any chance to say it. You know that you are very important in my heart. I can do everything because of you.

So Eun at first did not know what to say. She wanted to tell him about her and Junho but she understood that Junho respected his hyung so much. If she did that, Junho would definitely never forgave her. But if not, she might hurt Il Woo more.  She looked straight at him and carefully said:

- Il Woo ah, I'm so sorry. Frankly I only considered you as a brother of mine. I'm thankful for your kindness but I'm unable to accept your ...

- So Eun, don't... please don't... - Il Woo took her hand, interrupting her - we've known each other not for long then you may think so. Just give us more time, give me a chance.

- But Il Woo ah ...

- So Eun, I have one more thing to tell you. I heard that Junho was engaged already. She's the daughter of Lee Sang samchon friend. When she is 18 years old, he will come there to take her to the Village.

- What did you just say? - So Eun exclaimed in shock.

- The other day, when we talk to him about Suzy, he said that he have to refuse because of this.

So Eun secretly relieved. It had to be the story Junho mad up to deny Suzy only. If it was true, Lee Sang samchon would not tell her to stay beside him. Besides, it's only her who could understand his love for her.

- Il Woo ah, it's not related to Junho oppa at all. It's just between you and me. Please understand.

Il Woo stood up. His eyes looked very firmly and strongly:

- So Eun, I told you everything I should say and I just wanted you to give me a chance. It isn't hard for you, is it?

- I ...

Il Woo patted his hand on her shoulder, smiling:

- You should go now. Take care and have a safe trip. I'm waiting for you here. If you don't come back, I will go there to find you.

After finishing his words, Il Woo turned and quickly walked out of the Inn. So Eun dumbfoundedly stood there watching him. What a stubborn guy. At that moment, the driver came in and told her that the carriage was ready.

But So Eun had something to do.

She had to come back to Eunya Village.

 

[End flash back]