Great Beauty

Magical Eunya Village

 

So Eun had no time to think more because Suzy urged her and Il Woo going into the main area of Sky Tower Square. Despite the fun and exciting atmosphere, that really made So Eun delighted, she did not stop watching around. Eunya Village was indeed designed by talented hands. The houses were arranged gradually up the Hill from the four directions and in the middle of the Hill were the Sky Tower and Square. There were four paths around the Hill and the main road was at the center, leading straight out to the Village Gate. Architecture of all houses was basically the same. It looked like that the lives of the people here were comfortable and there was no misery class. Her heart was full of good feeling with all the scenery and people here. She wondered whether she should be doubt at all great things like these?

The Sun gradually set behind the mountains. An interesting day passed by so fast. Il Woo became fewer words. He glanced at So Eun and then looked at the sky with full of regret as if he wanted to hold back time.

- Mr. Bae, what happen? Is the weather getting worse?

- Oh, no. These days are always the most beautiful time of the year. It's just ... the time passed too fast. Ms Kim ... actually... are you really leaving?

Before So Eun could answer, Suzy called:

- Oppa! Onnie! Ppailli! Now is the Great Beauty Ceremony. Ppailli!

When they arrived at the Square, So Eun saw Junho standing there already. At that moment, a bell rang and then a bunch of people in luxury dresses stepped into the sight, leading by a white hair woman who was helped by two beautiful ladies. So Eun heard everyone murmurring:

- Madame Bae is coming.

So Eun glanced at Il Woo. Maybe the Old Lady was his grandmother. Although her hair was white and her steps were slow, but the face of her was still gorgeous. Definitely when she was young, she was a great beauty. But the one got the most attention from So Eun was the woman in blue dress, standing next to Madame Bae. Her face was so beautiful, her figure was slender and tall. The blue silk dress highlighted her white smooth skin. She always kept a noble smile on her lips.

Il Woo and Suzy stepped forward. Suzy pulled the woman in yellow dress aside and said cheerfully:

- Mother, let's me help Grannie.

Yellow dress woman stepped back and looked at a tall male standing next to her, shook her head with a smile. Perhaps he was her husband and also the father of Suzy. Suzy now put her arm around the Old Lady, chirping:

- Grannie, why are you so late? I waited everyone here forever.

- Aigooo.... this child... Running around all day. Do you have time to remember this old Grannie anyway? Now you want me here to find a good husband for you, right? - The Old Lady put her finger on Suzy forehead and smiled kindly.

Everyone around laughed happily, while Suzy was blush and rubbing her face on the arm of the Old Lady. Watching this wonderful scene, So Eun felt admired. Her Master was her dearest one, who had passed away, leaving her alone.

- Ms. Kim.

So Eun heard a warm deep voice beside her that made her startled.

- Are you alright?

So Eun did not believe that a cold man like Junho could realize her sad expression. But indeed he was asking while he was not looking at her. At this moment, when her heart sank because of missing her Master, his attentive care like a drop spilling water out of glass. From her beautiful eyes, tears came out, rolling down her cheeks.

- Agassi, you ...

Junho frozed. It looked like he's confused by this situation, did not know how to behave right. So Eun hastily wiped her tears, looked up into the worried eyes of Junho and smiled:

- Mianhe. I'm fine.

Junho blinked to avoid her eyes and turned to look at the Bae family, nodded:

- There are still some joyful activities, please forget the sadness in the moment, Agassi. Our people here is not always happy, but you see, we're always optimistic.

Junho was right. She looked up at him. His eyes were shining and his face looked handsome and full of mettle.

At that moment, the crowd was silent. The Old Lady said loudly:

- Everyone, now it's the time for the most special event of our Festival. Are you ready? Start!

The crowd cheered up. Suddenly, a fireworks shot into the sky. Colorful rays of light were shining in the growing dark sky. From the colorful clouds, a purple silk slowly fell down, flying over the crowd in the Square, and then suddenly stopped gently on So Eun shoulder.

The crowd cheered and a lot of hands held up, throwing confetti toward her. So Eun surprisedly looked at Junho. He just smiled tenderly:

- Congratulation. Now you has been chosen as the Great Beauty of the Festival - he suddenly dropped his voice, whispering - and you will sit on the golden chair in the flower carriage overthere to say hi to people. It is our custom.

So Eun confusedly took off the silk from her shoulder. Junho's eyes silently reassured her and So Eun nodded thankfully.

Il Woo came up in front of her and invited:

- Ms. Kim, please come out.

So Eun stepped forward. She slightly bowed to the crowd who now were enthusiastically cheered, and then stopped in front of the Old Lady. She did a great bow to express her respect:

- Madame Bae.

The Old Lady grabbed her hand and helped her up:

- Agassi, no need to do a great bow. I...

Suddenly she paused, staring at So Eun. In that moment, her smile faded away and her face looked extremely surprised instead.