The Talent Show

Magical Eunya Village

 

- You ... Your surname is Yoon?

So Eun shook her head:

- No, Madame. Do you confuse me with someone else? My surname is Kim.

- Kim? Not Yoon? - She murmured - as like as two peas.

- Mother- Beautiful lady in blue dress said. Her voice was soft, but So Eun did not know why she felt very special - please do not let people wait longer.

- Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Miss Kim, our beauty selection custom doesn't mind you?

- Madame Bae, you are too polite. It's a great honor that I really could not expect. Among many beautiful girls here, I feel very ashamed to be selected.

- Miss Kim - the Old Lady took her hand, gently smiled - You have a very beautiful face and soul. Your behavior, your nature... all is outstanding, I was very pleased.

- My pleasure, Madame. I just happened to pass by your place today and Mr. Bae introduced to me a lot of beautiful things here, then I found that it's a really lovely place.

The lady in blue dress glanced at Il Woo, that made him lower his head to avoid her eyes. The Old Lady laughed with full of satisfaction. She turned around and nodded, and then a girl approached, put into her hands a crown made of eunya.

 - Miss Kim, this flower crown is for you. There's one thing I want to ask you first.

- Please tell me, Madame Bae.

- The Great Beauty who was selected have to stay here until the end of the season and do some works of a Beauty. I wonder if it bother you or influence your business?

So Eun could feel the Old Lady hand gently squeezed hers. Her warm eyes really touched So Eun. She clenched Madame Bae hands, gently said:

- I can't leave now when receiving so much love like this. I mean yes, I will stay, Madame.

Standing beside her, Il Woo let out a relief breath. His radiant face got attention of the blue dress lady and she stared at So Eun with full of consideration and exploration.

- I hope that you can do one more thing for me, Ms Kim.

- Please keep saying Madame.

- Do you perform a certain knack for us?

So Eun smiled:

- Well, you could not call it's a knack at all, Madame. But I would like to express a little effort, please don't laugh at me.

She approached a girl standing behind with a geomungo on the shoulder:

- May I borrow your geomungo?

The crowd was silent. Only the wind softly blew through the eunya clusters. So Eun held the instrument in her arms and then flied up to the air. After rotating a few rounds, she slowly lowered, sitting on the golden chair in the flower carriage, smiling at the crowd below, then reached down to adjust the strings. From her slender fingers, the beautiful melodies came out, sometime liked the murmur of a brook, sometimes tunable liked the wind, sometimes warm liked the Sun, sometimes gentle liked the moonlight that brightened up a thousand of stars in the sky. The crowd perfectly quiet to listen to her geomungo. It seemed that every note steeped into their heart with full of love, happiness and peace. When she stopped, all was still frozen, looking up at her as if she was a fairy descended from the heaven.

So Eun stood up and said:

- I just played a piece of Love of the Wind and the Moon. Hope you enjoyed it.

The crowd suddenly woke up and loudly cheered and applaused. At that moment, unintentionally, So Eun glanced toward where Junho stood before. She didn't know why but she really wanted to see his expression at her performance.

But he was no longer there anymore.