Magical soup

Magical Eunya Village

 

 

When Kim Myungsoo woke up, his mind was still buzzing. He vaguely remembered that he drank a lot with Junho last night. He tried to sit up. It's great if he had some soup to feel better. He opened the door to walk out. His hands gently his temples. Suddenly someone bumped into him and cried slightly. That sound was like a bell and he felt a soft and fragrant body in his arms. Myungsoo had never heard such a beautiful voice like that. The girl, of course it's a girl, alarmed and quickly stepped back but Myungsoo still dumbfoundedly stood there and his headache suddenly disappeared.

- I'm so sorry!

Now, his soul was back and he realized who was standing in front of him and she was also amazing. It's Suzy, Junho's sister.

- Mr. Kim!

Myungsoo still didn't utter a word. Before his staring eyes, Suzy blushed. She slightly bowed and that made her two braids softly swinging on her shoulders. In the day he rescued her, Myungsoo didn't look closely at her face and she didn't say a word to him neither. How could a voice be so lovely like that?

- Junho oppa told me to bring you some soup.

She held out her hands and Myungsoo could see a pretty box. He tried to calm down, took the box in her hands and then gently said:

- Thank you, agassi.

- Well, it's nothing. The day before, I didn't say thank you properly. Please drink this when it's hot. I'm going.

- Wait - Myungsoo suddenly exclaimed.

Suzy turned back:

- Yes?

- Oh nothing. I just ... I mean I want to ask ... are you better now?

Suzy smiled:

- Thank you, I'm fine. See you later.

After saying the last sentence, Suzy felt her face flushed. She hastily turned and ran away. Myungsoo watched her from behind until she disappeared. In his eyes, his noona was a great beauty that no one could replace. But now when he met Suzy, it turned out that there was also another beauty in the world who could make him crazy.

Myungsoo rushed into the room and opened the box. Its delicious smell was like panacea, made him totally healthy. He took a small sip, one by one, until the box was empty. What did she just say? See him later? Could it be she was waiting for him in the living room? Myungsoo hurriedly held up the box and ran down to the living room.

Indeed, at the table last night he and Junho drank wine, he saw Suzy, Junho and doctor Joo Jin Mo. She was smiling happily. Her eyes looked at Junho with full of admiration, that made Myungsoo a little jealous. He recalled that Junho told him she was his sister but their surname was different. What's going on here? He didn't know. Myungsoo quietly stepped back.

But Junho actually saw Myungsoo. He called out:

- Dongsaeng! Come here! Why are you silly standing there?

Suzy slightly turned her head and saw Myungsoo. Her cheeks were pink. Junho didn't miss this detail, he suddenly grinned.

- Hyung, agassi, doctor Joo!

- Dongsaeng, my sister rarely comes out. Today, if you have free time, please take her out for fresh air.

- Oppa, I ...

- I can't go with you, Suzy ah. I and doctor Joo have a lot of things to do. Go up and prepare. I have something to talk to Myungsoo.

- I can't hear it? - Suzy pouted.

- First condition!

- Alright, alright - She sticked out her tongue. Her cute and lovely gestures made Myungsoo heart thumpping.

Waiting until Suzy was out of sight, Junho turned to Myungsoo and then took out a purple silk handkerchief.

- Myungsoo, do you recognised it?

- It's noona handkerchief. How can you get it?

Junho sighed softly, glanced at Joo Jin Mo and then answered:

- Actually, this handkerchief is the gift from your noona for me. That namja your noona mentioned is me.

- You? Is it you who hurt my noona?

- Yes, it's me. It's a very long story. I will tell you later. But now there is something else more important. The man named Bae Seung Yoo that you met already might be realted to the death of Yoon family.

- What? If so, why didn't you come to see my noona and tell her?

- I could not - Junho quietly shook his head - I don't know how to explain. It related to Bae Seung Yoo only. Bae Il Woo is innocent. That's why I don't want to hurt him and don't want this truth affecting the good relationship between him and your noona.

- So this is so-called chivalry huh? - Myungsoo raised his voice ironically - hyung, I respect you but you're totally wrong. Noona feeling is more important than your chivalrous thing. Why do you still push her to another man when you do know that she loves you? You don't think that it's unfair to my noona, do you?

Junho did not answer but he questioned back:

- Do you trust me?

- If I didn't trust you, I would never want to be your dongsaeng. But...

- Thank you, Myungsoo - Junho cut through his saying - I can't tell you details right now but one thing you should know is that me and doctor Joo will do anything for your noona sake. Now I have some questions and please tell me everything you know. Understand?

- Yes, hyung - Myungsoo shortly replied even though he understood nothing.

- How much do you know about your noona Master?

- Not much, hyung. In the past, when I was a child, Great Mistress accepted our family when we almost died at the Kim Mansion Gate because of famine. That year, my parents carried me running away from our village and finally fell in front of the Mansion. Great Mistress was sympathy with our situation and let us stay. Great Mistress normally was cold and quiet and we'd never seen her face because she always wore a thick veil. She was extremely strict to noona. I remember that noona usually cried because of hard kungfu practicing. When noona was 15, Great Mistress taught her business and forced her to manage the Mansion alone. Since then, noona never had her own time - Myungsoo paused when he noticed that the eyes of Junho were full of sorrow. But he still continued - when noona was round 18, Great Mistress called noona to come to her room. I didn't know what they talked about but then she died. After the funeral, noona asked my father to be the butler, let my mother manage the kitchen and house works and assigned me as young master. After settled things down, she went to your Village. Noona just told me that she had to investigate the death of someone named Yoon. At that time, I remembered that I used to see this name in a handkerchief which belonged to noona Master.

- Do you know her full name?

Myungsoo shook his head:

- Ani. Everyone called her Kim Mistress. That's all.

- What about her family? And do you know anything about the Mansion?

- She's alone. She bought the land and had the Mansion built up.

- I see. Last night, I went to Kim Mansion to explore and I supposed that Bae Seung Yoo had taken the secret notes that So Eun Master left for her. I don't know exactly what she wrote but I guess that she definitely told about her status. So it's the time, doctor Joo. I want you to go there to protect her. And Myungsoo, you will go with him.