Painful Farewell

Magical Eunya Village

 

 

- So they said that it was an accidental fire? - Junho asked after So Eun finished.

- Yes, but I don't believe that - So Eun shook her head decisively - if it's so simple, my Master did not hate Eunya Village to that level. It's just that my Master didn't understand the reason and didn't know who did this to the Yoon family.

- You're right. Perhaps hyung's parents didn't know anything so they just told what people said. I thought that I should go back to Yoon senior house. Maybe there's some clue that was ignored.

- Yeah - So Eun nodded, and then she slowly looked into the eyes of Junho, suddenly asked - oppa, were you really engaged already?

Junho was surprised by the sudden question from So Eun. He didn't know how to answer her. For the last minutes, seeing So Eun again made him forget what he had decided. In his mind, so many thoughts spinned. One side said, if he did not expose the truth about Il Woo and him, he no need to sacrifice his love. The other side said, the truth was too painful, his poor hyung could not stand if he lost So Eun also.

- That is true - Junho finally found his words. He did not dare to look at her eyes.

- Oppa, look at me and speak it clearly - So Eun requested but Junho still avoided her eyes, just said evenly:

- Eunnie ah, sorry for not telling you about that. Indeed, I had the engagement. My feeling for you is true also, but I'm so bad. I should tell you earlier. I hurt you, I can not continue to deceive you more. That's why I avoided seeing you these days.

- Oppa - her voice started shaking - I understood your feelings. You hurt me because of your hyung, I don't blame you. But I'm not a thing that you can give back and forth. I have my own feelings, my own decision, how could you set it up? I love you, I love you only, not your hyung.

Junho heart thumped because of both joy and sorrow. She said she loved him. He's a man but he had to let her say it first. He did not dare to look up at her but he had his decision. He clenched his fists. No matter what, he could not take her from his hyung. Il Woo met her first, was in love with her first. It's him who interfered. It's all his fault.

- Listen to me, Eunie ah - He spoke difficultly, but he had to say - I'm a bad man. All is my fault, not related to hyung. If you think that I sacrifice my love just because of him, then you appreciated me too high. I'm not a hero anyway. It's just that I can not break a promise. I can not lie to you anymore.

- Oppa - So Eun cried out - why are you so obstinate? You are now deceiving yourself, not me. Do you understand?

- Ani - Junho stood up - you just knew me shortly, how can you understand me well?

- If you were engaged, samchon did not tell me to take care of you, did not tell me that you had only me except him. I don't believe you.

Tears now were running down her cheeks. Her hands were trembling. Junho looked down. He really wanted to hug her but he tried his best to stop himself.

- So Eun ah!

A warm deep voice raised from the doorway.

- Samchon - So Eun seemed to find an allies, she exclaimed, running to grab his arm - Please say something. Oppa ... he...

She could not finish her saying. Lee Sang glanced at Junho who now still was standing there with his face darkened. The old man turned away when So Eun looked at him for help. He really did not know what to do. But the face of Junho showed him that he did not have any other choice. Lee Sang helped her to sit down at the table, calmly said:

- So Eun ah, sit down. In fact it ... what Junho just said ... was right.

So Eun said nothing. Her eyes stared into the flame in the fireplace. Both men looked at each other, extremely were painful.

- The other day when I talked to you, I hoped you to make friend with Junho. He's a lonely kid and you're very kind, so I... I thought that you two...

So Eun slowly got up. She did not wait him finishing the sentence. She looked at him, politely said:

- Samchon, I understood. Knowing it now is good. Now I must go. Be healthy, samchon.

She bowed and then ran out the door.

- So Eun ah!

Lee Sang felt guilty to lie a pure girl like So Eun. She stopped a moment but then quietly surfed the wind and flied away. In a second, she was out of sight.

Junho was still standing there like a man without soul. His eyes were dry. But he felt like his heart almost stop beating anymore.

- Junho, look at what you've done. I can't believe that I was at your side to hurt a girl like her.

Junho wearily sat down in the chair, he did not say a word.

- If you know there will be a day like today, why did you stay away from her before? Separating when you two truly had feelings for each other was too hard, you know it.

- I did not know, father - Junho whispered - If I have known hyung ...

- Hyung... Hyung. Il Woo is not your hyung - Lee Sang shout out angrily.

- Father, we are not siblings in blood but you know that he always cares about me like a real hyung. He had a dismal fate already. Do you think I can take away his love? Our feelings was not deep anyway. It's better to break up as soon as possible. We will forget soon.

- Really? Could you forget her?

Junho face cringed as if he was suffering a terrible pain. He sighed softly:

- Father, I'm too tired now. I want to rest a bit.

Lee Sang looked at Junho. He knew that he did not want to continue the conversation. Junho always respected him but he had a very hard head. When he decided, he could not stop him. Lee Sang sighed and left the room.

Junho lay in bed, his eyes wide opened, staring at the ceiling. The warm tears just were running down his cheeks.

Eunnie ah, Eunnie ah, I love you. I love you more than my life.

He said those words so many times inside his heart.