Flutturing

Magical Eunya Village

 

So Eun lay down, pretending to sleep. In the dense darkness, she felt the enemy was using compressed breathing skill not to cause any noise. So Eun chuckled. Her Master once said, no matter how compressed breathing, still could not completely stop air moving. So Eun practiced for years then she could hear a small sound from a far. Although she did not know who was outside, she was not scared. She knew that her appearance here obviously made some noise and that someone coming here to find her was already in her anticipation. But she still was nervous because she knew from now on she could practice what her Master tought.

So Eun smelled a smoke blown into the room. She knew that it's soporific gas then she immediately held on her breath to avoid it. The stranger entered through the main door that was wide shut a bit, walked over to her and listened carefully to her breathing rate. As long as assurring that she was in deep sleep, he bent down to take the silk bag she put on the top of the bed, rummaging everything to find something. After failing to find anything of interest, he jolted back the bag and left it on the old place.

So Eun waited for everything around back into silence again, she got up, lit candle and thought thoroughly. Today, only Lee senior and Bae brothers knew that she stayed here just one night. So who among them? She could not guess. Their faces looked reliable, perhaps not them? So Eun softly shook her head. It just started anyway. Maybe she'd find some clue tomorrow.

o0o

The morning sun started shining on the floral carpet. So Eun stood silently, watching the great beauty of this place. Even in the small garden beside the woodhouse, a lot of flowers bloomed, showing off all extremely wonderful colors. When Soeun turned back, she realized that Bae Il Woo was now slowly walking towards her on the gravel path. He wore ivory-color clothes, walking under the purple flowers. That scene was so perfect. So Eun felt a little confused because she did not know what's the reason Il Woo came to find her so soon.

- Agassi, do I bother you?

- Ani, Mr. Bae. What bring you here so soon?

- Oh nothing. Just because Suzy wanted me to pick you up.

So Eun nodded and smiled:

 - Well, I want to meet her too. Let's go.

She walked forward, not realized the very gentle glance that Il Woo secretly saved for her.

- Agassi, I guess that you do not know today is the feast of our Festival?

- I don't know - So Eun looked at him, shyly replied - I heard that this is the biggest festival in this area, isn't it? If you don't mind, please tell me what will happen today?

Il Woo suddenly dazed at the shyness of So Eun when he saw her rosy cheeks. He quickly turned away and cleared his throat :

- If I tell you now, you will no longer feel interesting when you witness it. So we go quickly and I'll explain it to you later. You know, every year in the autumn, eunya are blooming beautifully. But I'm sure you did not know that eunya bloom from east to west and fade backward from west to east. And all takes place in one lunar week.

- Oh, it's amazing - So Eun eagerly uttered.

Suddenly, stood out from the crowd in front of her, a bunch of people walked by the giant stilts. They wore colorful clothes, blowing the fire, shaking the rings, shooting arrows, playing trumpets and drums, while the crowd of seers cheered louldly. The scene was so excited. So Eun clapped her hands and then happily grasped Il Woo arm and point at a little girl who bent her flexible body on the shoulders of a person walking on stilts.

 - Wow, look at that girl, Mr. Bae.

Il Woo didn't answer because he felt her soft hand grabbed his arm. Felt the silence of him, So Eun quickly pulled her hand back and lowered her head. Her face suddenly blushed.

Il Woo did not want her to feel awkward, he said softly:

- Let's go to Sky Tower. Suzy and Junho were there waiting for us.

The word "us" uttered from Il Woo was very close that made So Eun a little fluttered. But Il Woo walked ahead and made way for her through the crowd then she just quietly followed him.