The Bae Mansion

Magical Eunya Village

 

- Onnie, where did you go? I was looking for you forever. You promised to wake me up but you didn't - Suzy cling to her arm, pouted when she saw So Eun entering the gate.

She smiled:

- Sorry, I had something to do so I forgot. Well, now I owe you one thing. Tell me and I will do for you.

- Of course you owe me. But now I didnot decide yet what you would do for me. Later.

- Yes, my dear. Whenever you ask, I certainly do it for you.

- Alright. Pinky swear?

So Eun laughed. Suzy sometimes looked like adult but sometimes, like this moment, she still was a child.

- Agassi, Madame Bae invited you to come to the living room to talk.

- All right - So Eun nodded to the servant and then turned to Suzy, she hesitantly asked - Suzy, you ... did you see your cousin anywhere?

- Il Woo oppa now is in the living room with Grannie. What happen onnie?

- Well, nothing. Ppailli, let's go inside to see your Grannie.

So Eun felt relief. She feared that Il Woo would avoid her, but if he's now in the living room waiting for her, maybe he did not mind what happned between them earlier.

When So Eun and Suzy arrived, all Bae family members were sitting in the living room waiting for her. She glanced at Il Woo and saw his calm face with a gentle smile. She stepped forward in front of the Old Lady, bowing:

- Madame Bae. Sorry for making you wait.

- Well, it's not a big deal. Sit down, drink tea and we will talk. Il Woo will tell you in details what to do in the next few days. We hope that you don't mind.

- Madame Bae, I understood. I decided to stay here so I'm not afraid of doing anything.

- My young lady, you're still young but your behavior is mature. We did not choose the wrong person - someone spoke with a soft voice.

So Eun turned around and realized that it's the beautiful lady in blue that she had seen the day before. She smiled and lightly bowed:

- My pleasure, Lady.

- Let me introduce first - The Old Lady said - That's my daughter-in-law, Hwang Jung Min, Il Woo's step mother. And overthere is my nephew Bae Seung Yoo and his wife Kim Sung Ri. They are Suzy's parents. If you need anything, just tell them, huh? You have to take care our Agassi and give her anything she needs, don't have to ask me, understood?

- Yes, Mother.

- Yes, Aunty.

Bae Seung Yoo, Kim Sung Ri and Hwang Jung Min (the second Lady)  politely replied in unison. So Eun could not help but admired secretly the Bae family rules. She now understood one more thing that kept the Bae family solid for many generations. The burden of Village and Bae Family protection would be on Il Woo shoulders. Perhaps, the Old Lady still had not found a way to prolong the life of him.

When only her, Il Woo and Suzy left, suddenly she felt confused. She did not know what to say with Il Woo at the moment, but he spoke first:

- Suzy, if you want to go with us, come back your room to prepare. Ppailli.

- Oppa, can I go with you two?

- Of course - So Eun her hair and smiled - I'll wait you here.

When Suzy ran away, Il Woo turned to look at So Eun. He forced a smile and said softly:

- So Eun ah, mianhe. I left you there earlier. Please don't blame me.

- Il Woo ah, do not say so. I was afraid that you're angry at me or avoided me, but seeing you like this, I felt relief.

-So Eun, we ... - Il Woo hesitated, and then he took her hand gently - I really could not expect anything from you, just in the days you stay here, please let me be with you. Is it alright?

Before the passionate eyes of Il Woo, So Eun quietly nodded. She felt his warm hands gently squeezed hers.