Were you engaged, oppa?

Magical Eunya Village

 

 

- Say it!

Il Woo ordered to a servant while he was not looking up, still continued to examine the accounting books.

- Young Master, we followed her to Green River. She was safe there.

- Anything happened on the way?

- Yes, Young Master. They met a gang of robbers, but were rescued by an old man.

Il Woo stopped watching books, looked up and frowned:

- Old man? Who's old man?

 - A crazy old man Ms Kim accidentally met on the way. She treated him a meal because he had no money. That's all.

-Now he was still with her?

- No. He left when they came to Green River.

Il Woo mused for a moment.

- Do you know where he come from?

- This man was mysterious. I asked some people there and they said that he came there for a few days to have some free foods. He was just like a kid and crazy so they did not care.

- A few days?

- Yeah. I thought that this old man was injured after fighting with the robbers. He's good at levitation but his kungfu is at average.

- Really? - Il Woo pensively thought and then asked - what weapon that old man used?

- A soft sword.

- How is his look?

- His figure is chubby. He has a big and red nose and white beard. His clothes looked like a beggar but not dirty.

- Alright, go out. Ah, where's Suzy?

- Agassi was practicing geomungo in the garden.

- Geomungo? - Il Woo slightly smiled. Now he and her was closer than before because they had the same father - ha ha, it's so strange. Now she is not running around huh? Alright, you can go now.

Il Woo got up and went to the garden. The sound of Suzy geomungo was still rough but somehow very sweet as Suzy character. Watched his sister for a moment and then he clapped his hands loudly:

- Great melodies, sister!

Suzy cried happily. She ran to hold his hand and grinned:

- Is my music attracted you to come here?

- Ha ha ha, you must be proud of yourself - Il Woo laughed, her forehead - you met a good guy to marry right? Why do you suddenly try to study geomungo?

Suzy flushed:

- Don't tease me. I just admired So Eun onnie then I want to be like her.

Il Woo suddenly felt sad. He really missed her. Suzy was back to practice. Looking at her rosy cheeks, he thought of Junho. He didn't know how to tell her about Junho engagement.

- Suzy, come here.

- What is it oppa?

- You really like Junho, don't you?

Suzy lowered her head, not answered.

- I know your feeling, Suzy. But I have to tell you this. Junho was engaged.

- What? - Suzy looked up.

- It's true, Suzy ah. Junho told me.

- No way, oppa. He live with us for so many years, we never ever heard that.

- She's living in the prairie and is a daughter of samchon friend. Two families had promised to each other.

- I don't believe. I have to ask him.

Suzy ran away. Looking at her shaking shoulders, Il Woo knew that she was crying. He sighed softly, looked up at the sky. What Suzy could do? How could she win over Junho fiancee?

What's about him? So Eun. His Kim So Eun. She definitely belonged to him. Nobody could take her. He said to himself.

Suzy rushed into the Weapon Workshop. She forgot that Junho didn't like anyone disturbing him when he's working. But right now, there's only word "engagement" in her head. The two servants who were standing outside the Workshop didn't dare to stop her when they saw her crying.

- Junho oppa! Oppa!

Junho now was standing at the design table, hastily turned back. He was worried to see Suzy crying and one thing he could think of was his Il Woo hyung. He walked close to her and asked anxiously:

- What happen Suzy? Is there anything wrong? How is Il Woo hyung?

Suzy now realized that she was in the Workshop. She stopped crying, softly shook her head, not knowing what to say to him. Her courage was gone when she was standing in front of Junho.

- Suzy, tell me. Is there anything happen to hyung?

- Ani, it's not Il Woo oppa. It's me.

- You? Tell me who make you cry? I will force him to say sorry - Junho sighed in relief and wiped tears for her.

But Suzy could not say a word. She turned to look at the two servants who still were standing at the door. Junho understood her, quickly said:

-Go out, there is nothing here. Alright, Suzy, come and sit down. Then tell me what's up?

Suzy sat down, her eyes slightly glanced at Junho then suddenly found his face was so pale, she exclaimed:

-Oppa, are you sick? - She put her hand on his face and wearily asked.

Junho pulled her hand down:

- I'm fine, don't worry. Suzy ah, I'm very busy now. If nothing important, come home huh? I will come to see you tonight.

- Are you engaged already? - Suzy lowered her head and whispered.

- What? What did you just say? Say it louder.

- Are you egaged already? - Suzy repeated in louder voice this time.

- Oh, that? - Junho smiled, on her forehead and said - that's it? You made me scared, you know? I thought something bad happened. Why do you care about it, little girl? Do you want to give me a wedding present?

Suzy looked up and choked:

- So ... so ... so it's serious?

- Geureom. I'm getting old, you see. It's a right time to bring you a sister-in-law, isn't it?

- Who needs sister-in-law? - Suzy was a bit mad - In short, I want to know if you have a fiancee.

- Il Woo hyung told you that? - Junho was surprised when Suzy raised her voice - yes, it's true. It's just I don't have time to tell you. Are you mad that I didn't tell you first?

- Oppa, are you pretending to be stupid? I hate you - Suzy cried and then stood up and turned to run away.

- Suzy! - Junho ran to her, holding her arm to pulled her back - What happen to you today? I'm stupid? You hate me? After all, what's up?

Suzy turned back and looked straight into his eyes. She could see his sincere and careness then she sighed quietly, said in a trembling voice:

- You're really stupid, not pretending. You don't know I like you, do you?

Junho frozed and let go Suzy arm. He unexpected this kind of situation. Recalled his conversation with Il Woo about Suzy, it turned out that his hyung did know Suzy feeling for him. He just considered her as his sister so he thought that she did the same way. What would he do now?

- Now you know it. But for nothing. You have your fiancee. I... I...

She did not finish the sentence and ran out. Junho still stood there for a moment, then chased after her. After he knew the truth about his status, he promised to himself to take care of Suzy more.

- Suzy! Standing there is dangerous. Step back!

Suzy now was standing at the top of the Hill, looking down at the Valley. Cold wind made her blue dress flying up. Her small figure trembled as if she would jumped down.

- Suzy!

He cried again, then flied up to drag her back. She did not protest but he now could see her tears.

- Suzy, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't know about your feeling. I'm sorry.

His voice was warm and tender. She turned back and forced a smile:

- It's not your fault. Why should apologize? I... It's just I didn't show you then.

Junho suddenly found out that she was indeed matured. Her pretty face now looked like a young woman. He blamed himself that he was careless and made a lovely girl like Suzy suffering of secret feeling for him.

- Suzy. You always like a good sister to me. Do you remember? We've been together, played together from childhood. Those days always are the happiest time of my life - Junho put his hands on her shoulders, said softly. Suzy lowered her head quietly then he continued - Suzy, don't cry like this anymore. Seeing you crying is very painful, you know? I promise you, no matter what, I always care about you and I never change.

Suzy looked up at him. He thought that I was still a child. Oppa, I grown up, you did not know? But when she looked at his gentle eyes, she felt very warm. Love inherently could not force. She was happy if he was here, besides her. It's enough. She could not worry him more. Suzy nodded in silence.

- Let me take you home. Promise not to cry? You look ugly when crying.

Suzy punched on his chest, exclaimed:

- You are the one ugly.

Junho jumped back, his face suddenly twisted.

- Why? You are pretending to be hurt? I will not be tricked by you anymore.

She punched some more on his chest and then turned to walk away. She did not notice that behind her, Junho was trying to hold on the pain. He put his hand on his chest, standing still for a while and then chased after her.

Behind a tree nearby, Il Woo was secretly watching the two people.