Falling down

Magical Eunya Village

 

 

Junho was quietly looking out the window. Heavy snow was falling again that made the air a little warmer. He sometimes turned aside, felt the soft breath of So Eun next right to his cheek. She was leaning on his shoulder to sleep. Perhaps the days of worry made her exhausted.

His father didn't say a word since got in the car. Junho didn't dare to ask, only occasionally looked over, saw him in contemplative thoughts then he turned to look out the window again.

Myungsoo also said nothing. He relied on the car wall, eyes closed. Thinking of flushing cheeks and bright eyes of Suzy, he missed her so much. He didn't know when he would meet her again. If not because of Junho, he would had taken her with them. He felt frustrated and annoyed. That sick guy treated his hyung badly, but he didn't know why he kept consistently caring about him. Was it worth to do so?

This question Lee Sang also asked himself while looking at the sad face of Junho. Though he always loved his son and appreciated his decision, but this time he was also uncomfortable.

Suddenly the horses whinnied and the driver screamed in panic and then the car stopped that made them all startled. Junho immediately lift the front awning to overlook. In the dust of snow, a gang of horsemen, all dressed in black clothes and masks, blocked the single path. Black Horses Gang! Junho quietly uttered. He turned and signaled his father and Myungsoo for protecting the Joo family in the carriage behind, then he jumped out the car, and walked out the front.

- Why are you blocking us? We had not any hatred for the people of Black Horse Gang, had we?

The leader touched his horse's neck to calm it down, then said in a deep and husky voice:

- Are you the manager of Weapon Hall of Eunya Village, Lee Junho, right?

- Yes, I'm Lee Junho, but now is no longer manager anymore.

The leader laughed and the crowd around him did the same. Their dry laughters echoed the cliff that made the horses excited. Its feet made the dust of snow blowing up the air and the scene looked more ghostly.

- We've already known. That's why we're waiting you here to invite you and your people to our camp, having some drinks and a meager meal.

- May I know your name?

- My surname is Jung, I'm at the second in this Gang, so everyone call me Jung the second.

- Well, Jung the second, it's my pleasure to be invited. But now we have something urgent to do so I hope for another occasion.

Jung the second laughed coldly:

- We admired your weapons production so we're waiting you for so long here. Your refuse means you do not respect us.

So Eun still was in the car since it stopped. Hearing those words from Jung the second, she was extremely angry. She knew right from the start that their presence on the road was not good at all. Junho just recovered and herself also just wanted to arrive Green River quickly. She jumped out of the car, sternly said:

- You are forcing us to follow you, aren't you?

Junho turned around and gently held her hand. He understood So Eun's anxiety, but he did not want her to appear in front of them.

- Well, well, well... this beautiful fairy is ...

Junho cut him off, said calmly:

- She is my wife.

- Ah, I see. Forgive us, Mrs. Lee. We just wanted to welcome your husband to our camp.

- I certainly understand. But I'm unwell, my husband just want to take me home soon. Is Black Horse Gang against it?

Now, from behind of Jung the second, a mighty black horse galloped forward. The person on horseback raised his hand up to stop Jung the second speaking, and then turned to Junho and So Eun, he said:

- Well, we should make it clear to Mr. Lee our real purpose.

Junho and So Eun shuddered to hear his voice. His dry voice sounded like a knife clenched together, very frightening.

- I'm Seo, ranked the first.

- Seo the first, I'm sure you've heard what we told Jung the second. My wife is unwell. I hope you say quickly then we can go.

- Youth! Young people! - Seo the first laughed, it did not sound better than his voice - alright, let's talk briefly. In fact, we want you to join us.

- What did you just say?

- It's exactly what you heard. You're expelled from Eunya Village right? Are you going to the Kim Mansion to do something like weaving silk, dyeing cloths to the end of your life?

Junho was amazed. Black Horse Gang also interested in weapons production?

- Seo the first, we highly appreciate your good intentions. But I have a rule that no matter what Eunya Village did to me, I will never betray them. Weapons production secrets belong to the Village, I can not arbitrarily hand out to outsiders. Hope you understand.

- Mr. Lee, do you really want us to use our swords?

The voice of Jung the second was menacing, but Seo the first stopped him:

- Well, Mr. Lee, we heard that you have betrayed Eunya Village already. Now saying those words was artificial, wasn't it?

Junho gently smiled, his hand still clutched So Eun's hand to calm her down.

- If you said so, I don't know what to say. If I'm inherently artificial, why did you insist us to join Black Horse Gang?

- Well, we are different. We never care about moral things. What is good for us then it's good morals. That's it.

- Unfortunately, I have to make Seo the first disappointed. I now just want to be a country guy who like waving and dyeing silk, not interested in anything else. It's late now, please clear the way - then he turned to So Eun, softly said - honey, let's go.

- Wait. You can not go so easily.

- You really want to force us?

Seo the first laughed:

- If so? Today we definitely invite you to our camp, whether you want to or not.

Junho frowned, gently pushed So Eun back and looked at Seo the first.

- Well, if you want.

Right after Junho had just finished his saying, a bunch of horsemen jumped off the horse and encircled them. From behind, Myungsoo and Lee Sang patiently had observed the conversation, but when the air seemed tense, they took doctor Joo's family hiding behind the rocks, controlled the two carriages back to a safe place and then stood behind Junho to support him.

Black Horse Gang was just a group of thieves and robbers. They were brutal and under no rule, so dealing with them was not easy. After a while, Junho saw that they were messed up, then he ran to Myungsoo, told him to drive the carriage, where doctor Joo's family were hiding, to run away. Myungsoo hesitated but Junho shouted at him:

- Don't worry about me and So Eun. They did not resist for long anymore. Ppailli go.

Myungsoo had no other choice. He and Lee Sang ran back and then took the advantage of the snow dust, he jumped on the horse and drove the vehicle through the crowd. Because of sudden, black horse men dodged to one side and the vehicle ran through the canyon.

Junho and So Eun tried their best to beat up the horsemen, not let them to chase after Myungsoo and Lee Sang. Just then, Junho suddenly heard a cry from So Eun. He hastily turned to look. She was standing near the edge of the abyss while Jung the second fiercely attacked her, caused her continuously step back. Junho flied up and landed on behind So Eun after a split second. Because his steps were too fast, at the same time he had to help her to fight back Jung the second, he lost his balance and fell to the edge.

So Eun screamed in fear and neglected Jung the second, she turned to cling to his hand. Junho shouted:

- Let go my hand. Let go, Eunnie!

But So Eun resolutely shook her head, while Jung the second slowly approached her from behind with his sword.

In that moment, a white figure appeared from nowhere, cutting across Jung the second, made him roll out. Blood dyed a wide range of snow. At the same time, Junho used his most force, pushed So Eun up the road, caused her to fall inward. Junho completely lost momentum, falling straight down the abyss.

In the second he felt down, he could recognise the familiar face of the white figure, who now was holding So Eun in his arms, not let her jump down with Junho. That person was none other than Bae Il Woo.

Junho could see the shock face of So Eun. wide opened as if she wanted to call his name but she could not.

It's the final image that Junho might be aware of.