The Eunya Festival

Magical Eunya Village

 

From far away, So Eun could hear the voice like a bell of Suzy.

- Junho oppa, fighting! Junho oppa fighting!

When So Eun and Il Woo entered through the crowd gathered into a circle, she finally saw Junho and a group of young people that were divided into two groups to play a lion fight. Yesterday, she heard Junho telling Suzy about the lion that he personally made. Now when she saw it, she secretly praised his talent; his words were not exaggerating. Not like the lion made by ordinary paper with flashy colors for entertainment, the one he did looked so lively, that made people could feel the extremely rough, but also very sophisticated. The crowd cheered continuously whenever Junho's lion jumped up and turned a few round in the air. It's really difficult movement. So Eun could not hold back her admiration for him. Il Woo turned to look at her and then smiled a little:

- Junho always win in this game. It's not all, you'll see. He always has a special way to finish the game.

So Eun was touched when she heard the proudly voice of Il Woo and she could feel obviously the friendship of two young but talented men. Just then, from the mouth of Junho's lion suddenly flashed and he cried:

- Everybody step back, step back.

At that moment, the fireworks from the lion's mouth soared into the sky, burst into colorful lights. The crowd cheered excitedly. The scene was extremely impressive.The drums sounded continuously giving a sign that game was ended and honored the winners. Suddenly, Junho's lion set foot on the ground and rolled around, stopped in front of Suzy. Then the forelimb of the lion was slowly raised a glass sphere, there was inside a bunch of eunya blooming in and out. The crowd whistled again when they finally understood that the lion wanted to give it to Suzy. Her face was red as a spring apple. She reached out her hand to picked the crystal ball. Tears were running down on her face.

- Oppa, I... I...

Junho removed the lion clothes and her cheeks, laughing:

- Well, you are not touched as much, are you ? I has promised to give you a special present this year, are you really happy?

She rushed to embrace him, crying and laughing at the same time made him a bit confused. He looked up at Il Woo for help. Il Woo tried to help laughing, pulling Suzy's hands out of Junho's neck, then comforted her:

- Come on, let him breath, Suzy. Hey Junho, always treating her like that will make her a bad habit.  

- Hyung, Suzy is like my dongsaeng, it's not a big deal.

Listen to these words, Suzy suddenly stopped crying, looked up at him. Her eyes were suddenly heartbreaking sad. Only So Eun, with the sensitivity of women, could understand that look of Suzy. Meanwhile, the two young guys now shifted their attention to other games.

At that moment, the crowd was excited again. A large wooden carriage was decorated with flowers approaching the square in front of Sky Tower. In the middle of the carriage, there was a gold chair that made So Eun imagine that was the chair for the Queen. Everyone watched the carriage with admiration and no one noticed that a little boy still dumbfoundly looked up at the giant vehicle, not run away.

No time to think, So Eun ran as fast as she could to the boy and held him in her arms then flied up to the air. After turning a few round within the field of falling eunya, finally she and the baby down to the ground. The crowd frozed in fear and admiration also. The mother shouted, ran to where So Eun standing, held the baby tightly in her arms whose face was still pale because of panic. She bowed and her eyes expressed wordless thanks to So Eun. At this time, Il Woo and Suzy ran to So Eun, the two still were worried.

- Is your son alright?

The mother softly nodded, hugging her child tightly then looked at So Eun with full of gratitude.

- Bring him home, ajjuma. He's just a little scared.

- Thank you, my lady, for your help. Please take something in return.

- Oh, no need. It's not a big deal ajjuma. Go home.

After the mother and her child left, Il Woo worrily asked So Eun:

- Are you alright?

So Eun stood up and looked at kindly Il Woo, nodding.

- Onnie, you are so cool. I could see you flying like a fairy.

So Eun Suzy cheek and said nothing. Her eyes looked toward the flower carriage. Surely as she thought, there's someone using a rope to pull the carriage backward to help her rescuing the boy. And that person was none other than Junho.

He was now rolling the rope and slung it over his shoulder. He was so calm as if he was irrelevant to the situation. Today, he did not wear graceful tunic as the day before but in a neat kungfu clothes. She didn't know how he was, but at least, she felt that he was not cold as he showed on his face.