Horrible Plan

Magical Eunya Village

 

 

Il Woo sat down at the table after they entered his room. Hwang Jung Min still stood beside him, worriedly asked:

- Today you coughed up blood again. Why are these drugs not effective at all? I must tell your father to find other drugs.

- Don't call him my father in front of me again.

- But ...

- If you want everything be fine, just do as I say - he coldly said - I accepted the fact that you are my mother. Is it good enough for you then? I temporarily can not adapt other things at once, do you understand?

- Alright - Hwang Jung Min patiently replied.

- I still have one thing to ask you.

- What do you want to know?

- Yoon Kang Woo. Do you know the reason why his family all died in a day?

- Yoon Kang Woo? Why do you suddenly ask about him?

- I just want to know. Today, when I discovered the tunnel leading to the Yoon house, I thought of their tragedy. It was rumored that they were killed by some secret enemies. Eventually, everyone in our Village believed that it's just an accidental fire.

- So it was. Do you still not believe? - Hwang Jung Min turned to look out the window - Their house made of woods. In a dry season, it's not improbable risk, is it?

- Reasonable - Il Woo sighed - Alright, I'm tired. Let me alone for a while.

Hwang Jung Min felt a great sorrow in her heart when Il Woo didn't call her mother and even eomi neither as before. When she turned back, Il Woo lay on the bed already. He closed his eyes as no longer wanted to continue talking. She took the blanket, gently covered him and then stepped outside. After a while, Il Woo quietly got up and then secretly followed her.

As he thought, she did not go to her room but went to the rear garden, placed a blue flower into a small hole on the wall where no one could notice it. When Hwang Jung Min had gone, Il Woo took out the flower and found out a tiny note inside it. There's only a word "Two".

Il Woo woke up at the first hour. He went down the tunnel and got in the Yoon house. He hid in the wooden cabinet that So Eun told him the last time. He sat there patiently waiting for the second hour. While dreaming asleep, he heard a noise. Through a crack on the closet, he found the room was lit with candles and a woman sat at the table. He was not surprised to see that was his mother. Only moments later, Bae Seung Yoo walked in. His face looked a bit worried when he saw Hwang Jung Min already here.

- Jung Min ah, what's wrong?

- Seung Yoo, Il Woo asked me about Yoon family today.

- Why suddenly he asked about them? Did he tell you the reason?

- He said that he just wanted to know but I felt that he suspected something.

- What's your answer?

- I said it was an accidental fire. It seemed that he did not believe.

- You maybe right. It happened long time ago when Il Woo was still a little child. If no one asked him, I thought he would not be interested in this.

- But who? No one in this Village mentioned this story for a long long time. Maybe... could it be... Kim So Eun?

- Probably not. Our people watched her carefully, but nothing suspicious. She never met our Il Woo since she left here.

Il Woo was surprised and wondered why Bae Seung Yoo sending people to watch So Eun. Were they doubt that she wanted to investigate the case?

- I don't know.

- Don't worry, my dear. We did it very neatly, leaving no trace. Moreover, 18 years have passed, nothing left for investigation.

Il Woo felt a cold running along his body. Perhaps they were indeed related to Yoon family deaths? Why did they have to do such a horrible thing? He clenched his fist and tried his best to not jump out.

- I'm not sure, Seung Yoo. I felt restless these days.

Bae Seung Yoo tenderly touched her shoulder and said:

- I know. In the past, if Yoon Kang Woo had not overheard I asked to kill the baby of Dong Gun hyung, I would had not thought out that way.

- Kill? What do you mean, Seung Yoo? - Hwang Jung Min was trembling - you told me that you just asked them to bring him away.

Bae Seung Yoo was tentative in a moment and then said:

- Sorry, I told you that to make you not worry. You know that if the baby was outside the Village, he would not live more than 5 years. He had no soul tree, do you remember? Killed him right away or let him live for 5 years more was not different.

- But... but I...

- Jung Min ah, it's all over now. Don't think of it anymore.

Hwang Jung Min sighed and changed the subject:

- Did your people discover anything strange about Ms. Kim?

- None. She prepared to go to Green River. My people reported that she bought a big horse carriage for a long journey - he paused a moment when he saw her still was deep in silence then he added - if you're not assured, I will ...

At this time, Il Woo couldn't stand anymore. He broke out the cabinet. His face normally pale but now it became dark red because of anger.

- You... two of you... I can't believe that you ...

Both Hwang Jung Min and Bae Seung Yoo jumped back in panic:

- Il Woo ah!

- Are you two still human? Killing so many people was not enough?

- Il Woo! You misunderstood us. We... I...

After the talk with Il Woo in the rear garden, Hwang Jung Min became feeble in front of him. In a moment, she could not stay calm, just stammered some words. But Bae Seung Yoo was different and also smart enough to judge the situation. Il Woo found out this tunnel and knew how the two of them contacted to each other, so he certainly knew his real status. He helped Hwang Jung Min to sit down at the table while Il Woo was unsteady, had to rely on the nearby wall.

- Il Woo, so you already knew the story. If so, I can not hide you anymore. Yes, in the past, because Yoon Kang Woo accidentally found out the truth and intented to report it to your Grannie. That would ruin the hope that me and your mother meticulously arranged. He deserved to die.

Il Woo coughed up and blood dripped out of his mouth that made Hwang Jung Min hastily stand up. She raised her hand to wipe it but Il Woo pushed her hand away.

- Il Woo, I do not say much because you're very smart. According to your way of thinking, me and your mother has done many bad things. We agree. But now I ask you, what is useful if you make it noisy? You want to be the young master, who inherites the great heritage of the Bae family and have the beauty that you're always longing for. Or you want both of us be spitted at, the wealthy and reputation of this Village will be ruined in your hand. It depends on you.

- Good points, Mr. Bae - Il Woo lightly smiled. Hwang Jung Min was surprised that he could smile in such situation - you two imposed on me an amazing background, huh?

- We do not impose, just want to do the best as possible for you. What all your efforts was for? Think carefully and then decide. Me and your mother is old now, the death is not scary at all. But we are not able to let you live a low life.

Seeing Il Woo still silent, he continued:

- Actually, it does not matter if you expose the truth. But you think that So Eun still want to be with you after knowing that?

Il Woo said nothing. His father was right. If So Eun knew the truth, how she would react? She investigated the Yoon family case because of her Master will. If she knew their death related to his parents, would she take revenge? Looking at the changes of Il Woo face, Bae Seung Yoo confirmed that he had hit the guy's weakness.

- Il Woo, old things are long gone, no one prosecuted. Me and your mother also really regreted. That's why when rebuilding this house, we spent a lot of efforts, more or less expected their souls rest in peace. I just want you to cheer up, focus on your health, sword art practice and promote the Bae family. Even if we have to pay the price for our sins, we are pleasant.

- Il Woo ah - Hwang Jung Min gently grabbed his hand, continued - father is right. Whether you are angry at us, we would not blame you. Just think of your life.

- Well, you must be tired now. Jung Min ah, you and Il Woo should come back and take a rest.

Hwang Jung Min nodded and gently pulled him toward the fireplace. Unconsciously, Il Woo quietly followed her. When he reached the tunnel door, he suddenly turned around, looked straight into Bae Seung Yoo and said:

- Don't touch So Eun. I'm warning you.

- She is safe, I promise you. We will make her love you.

Il Woo coldly said:

- No need. But from now on, tell your people directly report to me every news about her.

Il Woo lay down on the bed after being back his room. His eyes closed. He tried to rearrange everything in his mind.

A terrible day.

A dark day in his life.