Teach a Lesson

Magical Eunya Village

 

Junho sat quietly at the table. Madame Bae was still asleep. Perhaps this attack was so strong that she's too old to cope with. Thanks to some herb solution that doctor Joo Jin Mo extracted, she finally could sleep.

- Oppa.

- Suzy? She was still sleeping.

Suzy put the porridge bowl on the table, quietly sat down beside him. She timidly put her hand on his, whispered:

- Oppa, are you alright?

Junho smiled, turned his hand over to squeeze hers, calmly replied:

- Yeah.

- I know that you're so worried about onnie. I don't know what to say to you now and how to help you, oppa. I just believe that Il Woo oppa won't harm her.

Junho sighed softly, didn't respond. Just then, the door opened and Myungsoo walked in.

- Myungsoo, what's new? - Junho impatiently asked.

- Their car went to the Red River and then they got into a boat. Surely they brought noona to Eunya Village.

- I see - Junho was quiet for a while and then he continued - What's about the guests? Did you take care of them carefully?

- Yes, hyung.

- Alright, then Myungsoo, tell our people to wait me in the living room. I have something to discuss.

- I will go now.

- Suzy ah, back to your room to rest a bit. You looked so pale.

- Ani. I'm fine, oppa. You're the one who must rest, not me. You didn't eat anything today.

Junho kept in silence. He stared at the old face of his Grannie. His hands clenched. Even he was extremely worried about So Eun, he tried to calm down himself. He  should give her some time to talk to Il Woo. It's their own story, anyway. In his heart, there's still a little trust remaining.

Suzy and Myungsoo saw him completely deep in thought, they quietly got up and walked out of the room.

Junho sat motionlessly for a long time until he heard a softly moan. He hastily stood up and approached the bed:

- Grannie.

Madame Bae slowly opened her eyes and stared at Junho.

- Is it you, Junho? - she trembly handed up.  Junho held her hand and nodded softly - Is it you who saved me from those people?

- Are you alright, Grannie?

- What did you call me, Junho? Grannie? Before, even if I asked you to call me Grannie, you never did. Why now?

- It's a long story, Grannie. But one thing I have to say now is that I'm your grandson and my father is Bae Dong Gun.

- What? How? Why?

- 20 years ago, I was not dead because of any disease. I was left in the forest and then my father Lee Sang saved my life. I just found out that truth and a lot of things have happened, so I didn't have a chance to tell you.

- Oh my Godness, I still don't understand. Who left you in the forest? Why? What's about Il Woo? Who is he actually?

- It's complicated, Grannie. You're still weak, no need to know everything at once. But you trust me, right? Do you believe that I'm your grandson?

- It's my wish, Junho. Of course I trust you, good boy. Grandson! My little poor grandson! Whatever happened, it's so horrible that you had to suffer a lot since you're a little child.

- It's all right, Grannie. I'm still alive and I've grown up as a very handsome man, you see? Are you pleased with a grandson like me?

Madame Bae smiled at his words. She nodded:

- Of course, I'm pleased. You're handsome, talent and as great as I expected.

- I'm so happy to hear that, Grannie. Alright, eat some porridge now. Suzy personally made it for you.

Junho helped her to sit up. After eating some, Madame Bae suddenly asked:

- Junho ah, where am I now?

- This is the Kim Mansion. It's So Eun's home.

- So Eun? You mean Kim So Eun, our Great Beauty?

- Yes, it's her.

- I didn't remember anything. When I was awake, I found out that I was in a carriage. My hands were bound and my eyes were blindfolded.

-  It's fine now, Grannie. Now you should lie down and sleep. Don't think of it anymore, ne?

- Alright. I will do as you wish. You looked tired, so you should rest too. I feel so much better now because you're here.

- Sleep well, Grannie. See you tomorrow.

Madame Bae tightened Junho's hands, her eyes were full of tears:

- Yeah, tomorrow! Can I still see you tomorrow?

- Of course, Grannie - Junho smiled and graciously pulled the blanket for her.

Til Madame Bae slept, he went to the living room, where other people waiting.

- Oppa, she's sleeping?

Junho nodded and sat down at the table. Mrs. Kim brought him a cup of dry yoongyo tea. Its smell reminded him of So Eun and he suddenly felt empty when she's not here.

- So, tell us what to do now, Junho - his father impatiently asked.

- You and I will go to the Eunya Village first, father. Our skill at levitation is better than anyone here, so we'll take advantage of time. Myungsoo, you and your people go there by horses. Your responsibility is to find the way to protect Suzy's mother and her family. I'm afraid that he may use them to threaten us.

- I understand, hyung.

- After arranging a safe place for them, you and your people hide in the tunnel I told you before, waiting for my signal.

- Yes, hyung.

- Good. Granpa and doctor Joo, please take care for my Grannie and take her to the Silky Town. Kim butler and Suzy go with you.

- Don't have to worry, Jade.

- I understand, young master.

- Thank you. Hyorin and Jae Bum, I need you to hand invitation to all other powerful Mansions in the area. Ask them to gather in the Silky Town and meet my Grannie there.

 - But hyung, Eunya Village's people is everywhere, I'm afraid that they will be cautious.

 - No problem. The date we set is the New Year Festival. We will persuade the elders of the Town to join in our play. Ask them to throw a big party so no one doubt the reason why all the powerful Mansions gather there.

- Well, I understand your idea. We'll take care of this, Jade hyung.

- My Grannie will persuade the elders. Kim butler, help my Grannie to organise a secret meeting with the elders as soon as you arrive.

- Trust me, Mr. Bae - Kim butler nodded with understanding.

It's strange to hear that name at this moment. He was still not used to it. Junho glanced at his father but Lee Sang just smiled. Then Junho continued:

- After all of you present in Silky Town and everyone agrees with our plan, Kim butler, please divide all people into groups when you get in Eunya Village, remember?

- Yes. It's clear.

- And then Suzy, you lead them the way to get in the Village and hide in the Yoon house to wait for our signal. Do you understand?

- Yes, oppa. I know my jobs.

- The maps of Eunya Village I have draw are here. Each one keep a map to know the secret paths inside the Village. The place we gather after finishing our jobs is the Yoon house. We will try to lure Bae Il Woo to come there and expose their bad things in front of the others. This time, we have no choice to teach Eunya Village a lesson. 

- Hyung, you're absolutely right. I like your decision - Myungsoo said eagerly.

Despite being very nervous but Junho could not help but smile.

 - Things are very unpredictable. We do not know how Eunya Village to prepare to deal with us. So you should be patient, Myungsoo. Everything must be careful.

 - I understand, hyung.  

- Alright. If everything is clear, you should go back to rest. All of us will go early tomorrow morning.

When everyone had left, Junho approached the fireplace and sat on the ground, overlooking the snow outdoor. He took out the purple handkerchief and clutched in his hand. How was she now? He did not dare to think. He hoped that with her intelligence and tenacity, she would be fine.

There's only a few hours before dawn. Junho looked at the flame and wondered when he and So Eun could live a happy and peaceful life.

This time, he definitely would make it come true.

He would not compromise anymore.