New Resident

Starting Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Unnie, where were you last night? Rina sunbaenim said you had something important else to do.” Hyejung said.

“Yeah, well I had something to sort out yesterday.” She said brightly.

“How was the party?” she asked.

“It was great unnie, we had a meal and well you missed out the big announcement.” Hyejung said.

“Announcement? What announcement?” she asked.

“Look!” Hyejung said and pulled Marge to the bulletin board, “Dr. Kim is replacing Dr. Park. He will be mostly be on our shift.” She added excitedly.

Marge stared at the notice, she was fine by this but she knows how Youngbae feels about Hyunbin and them working together.

“When will he start?” Hyejung asked scanning the notice for further info.

“Today!” Hyejung said, “Let’s go unnie, it is endorsement time, we still need to greet Dr. Kim.” She said.

Marge walked with her and proceeded with the endorsement. Later on, the residents did their rounds and Hyunbin stayed at the nurse’s station with them.

They weren’t busy inside the ER, so Marge decided to update the medicines in the crash cart while Hyunseng checked on the supplies, Hyejung on the other hand was sorting some files.

Hyunbin had heard that Marge went and fly off to Japan during her sick leave but soon went back to Korea and broke off with Youngbae. He only back off before because Marge was dating but now that Marge had broken off with Youngbae he was going to pursue her, what he missed out was that they got back together.

He approached Marge and offered his help.

“I feel useless, you guys are all busy.” He told her as he stood beside her.

Marge look at him, “Don’t jinx it! You can do some doctor stuff.” Marge said and went back to what she was doing.

“Well I am good at mending hearts.” He said and leaned against the gurney looking at Marge tenderly.

“So are you expecting a cardiac case on your first day?” Marge said but this time she didn’t look at him and proceed to check the meds.

Hyunseng who was near Marge and Hyunbin could hear them, he looked at Hyejung who has a great hearing for gossip raised her head and look up at his resident and senior. She exchange meaningful glances with Hyunseng.

“Well do I still need to look for patients, I am pretty sure there are some in here.” He said.

“Yeah, in the cardiology department.” Marge said casually, she was never good at picking up romantic hints so she missed out that Hyunbin was hitting on her and proceed with her work, she stood up and check the other crash cart ignoring Hyunbin at all.

Both Hyejung and Hyunseng exchange smiles at how clueless Marge is.

“Well I was hoping for someone just within the unit, it is making my heart ache~” Hyunbin was cut off by Marge.

“Seriously stop it! Stop wishing for a cardiac patient, the last time Hyejung said she was bored we had to code here inside the ER three times and we got busy. Just savour this peace and quiet; it is not all the time ER is stress free.” Marge said and smiled at him jokingly.

Hyunbin just smiled, Marge didn’t get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter