Coffee

Starting Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 “Dong Youngbae!” she said shaking his shoulders, she could clearly see him breathing, she had been attending to medical emergencies but Youngbae wasn’t responding and it was scaring her.

She checked on his carotid artery to check his pulse, that’s when Youngbae grabbed her hands and pulled her to the ground beside him. Youngbae quickly mounted on top of her and gave her a quick kiss before standing up and sprinting towards the bench.

Marge stood up and ran after him, Youngbae was so busy doing his celebratory dance on top of the bench.

“Not fair! I was winning. You cheated.” She argued.

“I did not! You where ahead of me yeah, but you came back on your own free will.” he said.

“You faked an injury!” she said.

“No I did not.” He said.

“Yes, you did, you called me and lay on the ground.” She said.

“I did call your name, but I didn’t ask for you to come near me, and I didn’t tell you I was injured or anything. You came back because you think I hurt myself, you came back because you care.” Youngbae said smiling proudly.

“I am nurse, of course I would be concern if I saw someone sprawled on the ground.” Marge said and tried to walk away from him.

“Really? But how many patients did you actually kissed?” Youngbae asked as he smiled at her coolly his arms folded across his chest.

“Yah! You cheated that doesn’t count.” she said and was about to push Youngbae when he caught her hand on time and pulled her towards him.

“So okay, I cheated, but still nobody won, you still keep the ticket.” Youngbae said grinning at her.

“I could have easily won, I will return you the tickets.” She said and tried to pull her hand away but Youngbae didn’t let go.

“You didn’t touch the bench, that was the deal.” He said his face inches from her.

“I’ll go and touch it now!” she said trying to move past him.

“Too late I already did. Keep the ticket, and as a consolation price, I’ll buy you a coffee.” He said and held her hand leading her to a nearby coffee shop.

“I don’t need coffee.” She argued.

“Can you for once not be stubborn and accept my offer?!” Youngbae told her his voice raised and irritated which surprised her.

This was a new side of Youngbae she hasn’t seen before, he had always been the sweet and submissive kind when they were still together. She stopped arguing and followed him instead.

He ordered their coffee while Marge sat and waited for Youngbae. She was looking at the view of the river she didn’t notice Youngbae approaching.

“Regular coffee, with milk, two sugars, and yeah, blueberry muffin, peace offering for yelling at you awhile ago.” He said and took the chair beside her. “Sorry I yelled.” He said and sipped his coffee.

Marge smiled at him. “Sorry I was stubborn.” She said and took the blueberry. “Half?” she offered him.

“You take it. Your getting thinner.” He said.

“Wait, isn’t that a good thing?” she smiled. “You’re getting skinnier yourself, why didn’t you get one for yourself?”

“I can’t have too much carbohydrates.” He said. “How did you get to run that fast?” he asked her.

“In high school, I spent junior and senior year as part of the female soccer team, we did some sprints, then I continued running until college, during judo training, even after college I still did my morning run regularly.” She explained.

Youngbae smiled at her. “I forgot I was dating a bionic woman!” she said.

“Uh! How could you say that?” she said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter