We're Friends

Starting Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Marge did as she was told, she set the table and placed the kimchi. She still insisted to text on UJ asking him weather they have calamine cream back at home, and if they don’t could he probably pick one up.

Youngbae came back to the kitchen with his brother.

“Hyung, sorry I didn’t introduce you before. This is Marge. Marge this is my older Brother, Hyunbae Hyung.” He said,

“Nice too meet you!” Marge said bowing politely.

“Nice to meet you two. Sorry about Boss earlier. If I had known you where here I wouldn’t have let go of Boss just like that,” he said. “Ladies first.” He said pointing to the empty chair near Marge.

“Oh, it’s ok. Ahm you go first.” She said, since Hyunbae was the eldest amongst them.

“Aish, you are so formal. Let’s eat comfortably shall we!” Hyunbae said and took a sit across Marge, while Youngbae sat on the other edge of the table between the two.

Youngbae started pouring ramyeon for his older brother and Marge. They eat their ramyeon quietly; Hyunbae was puzzled with the awkward atmosphere between them. They were in the middle of eating when Hyunbae notice something.

“Youngbae, didn’t you thought her how to eat ramyeon? Marge-ssi iggo, you need to eat ramyeon with kimchi it will taste much better.” He said placing kimchi on her bowl.

Marge looks at the kimchi on her bowl. She wasn’t really used to people placing food on her plate. They don’t normally do that especially in the middle of a meal. Hyunbae realize his mistake and took the piece of kimchi and glance at Youngbae.

“Mianhe, I shouldn’t have done that!” he said smiling cheekily. “Go ahead, you place the kimchi on your girlfriends bowl.” He said as he passed the kimchi to Youngbae.

Youngbae almost choked on his noodles and Marge stop eating and swallowed awkwardly.

“What?” Hyunbae asked looking from Youngbae to Marge.

“Ah hyung we, we” it was hard for him to say it but that was the reality. Sure, they are talking, but it still wasn’t clear whether they are back together, neighbours, friends or what. The only thing is now they are talking.

“We’re just friends.” Marge finished the sentence for him.

“Friends?” he look amused, sure enough they look more than friends and the last time he had a talk with his brother was that he mentioned that he was seeing a girl who is scared of dogs.

Youngbae looked at Marge, he was hoping that they would get back together anytime soon but being a friend is better than being an ex-boyfriend.

“Yes,” Marge said and went back to her noodles.

“Whatever you say.” Hyunbae said.

“She lives next door hyung, I told you she got herself lockout so I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter