He's with someone else

Starting Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was half past eleven and when her friends got home from work. They were all tired and hungry and went straight to the dining table.

“Babe! THANKS!!!” Colleen said and hugs her

“Carry this, I will get the wine!” she said and passed her a serving dish after garnishing it.

“Wine? What for?” UJ asked surprised. He went straight to the toilet to wash his hands so he missed the entire preparation in the kitchen. He was surprise when he saw the table prepared lavishly with an array of dishes.

“Party?” he asked as he took a sit.

“More of I was bored and wanted to do something special.” Marge said and opened the wine. “Well it’s European dish ranging from France, Spain and Italy so I think it fits if we have some wine.” She added as she started pouring it into their glasses.

“Right.” UJ said eyeing the other girls.

They have known Marge for almost a decade, they know how much she hates cooking, and for her to go and make this kind of feast, she was definitely trying to divert her attention, and they all have an idea what it is about.

“Well we can ponder what have brought Marge to cook this much but I am hungry so shall we start?” May said eyeing the pasta.

“Wait, let’s say our prayer, after all it’s a rare occasion.” Rina said.

“Yeah, I feel underdressed with all these preparation.” UJ agreed.

After the meal, the other four decided to draw stick to determine who will do the dishes. Rina and May got picked which left for the three to clean the dining table and put the left over’s away.

“Who is up for some beer?” UJ asked.

“ME!” the grouped chorus. “So considerate of you to ask!” Colleen added.

“Not really, I needed some place and the beer was taking up some unnecessary spot so I thought it is much better if we just drink it instead of me sorting the fridge out.” He said smiling.

“May, Rina, we are hanging in the balcony to smoke, join us, your beer are still in the fridge.” UJ said and walked out of the kitchen.

“You sure you don’t want one?” Colleen said offering Marge a cigarette.

“Yeah, I’m not really in the mood for smoking.” She said as she drank her beer, UJ just joined them and took a cigarette from Colleen.

“Great meal.” UJ complimented Marge.

“Yeah, that was amazing.” Colleen said.

“Thanks, I was bored.” She said, looking down at the street.

“Come on we know you, what did you hear and found out that made you turn my simple request for a meal into an international feast?” UJ said.

“Nothing, I went grocery shopping and got inspired.” She lied forcing out a fake smile, “You know I also cook when I am inspired by something.” She wasn’t going to tell them she spent quite some time moping over a song and her mistake.

It wasn’t long before May and Rina joined them out on the balcony.

“That is a regular one. Anybody else have the flavoured cig? I am out.” May said.

“I have one. It’s in my room, work table, top drawer to your left.” She said. “Choose from chocolate, strawberry, apple and coffee.” She added.

“What are you a store?” UJ asked.

“I got it from way back. You know I don’t smoke leisurely.” She said smiling.

May went back inside to Marge’s room. She took the strawberry flavoured cigarette out and accidentally brushed her elbow on Marge’s mouse pad. The screen saver stoped prompting to a clear screen on Marge’s computer and it showed her iTunes window. She bent down to listen to the song that was on paused. She got curious as it was written in Korean, she also noticed that Marge didnt finished listening to the song. She played it and smiled once it ended and went out.

“Sorry took me a while.” May said joining them again and passing out the cigarette.

“Nice song you got Marge.” May added.

Marge looks at her surprise.

“I accidentally brushed up your mouse pad and got curious with the song.” She said. “How come you didn’t finish listening to it?” May asked.

“Too sad.” She said.

“What song?” Rina asked curiously.

“I heard a song on the radio but I just heard a part

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter