Bothers Advice

Starting Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Youngbae smiled. He was thinking so himself especially after that mishap over the stove, he could have kissed her and she didn’t push him or anything. He was staring towards the kitchen when the doorbell rang. He stood up and answered it.

“Hi!” UJ greeted him happily. “I believe you need this?” he said handing him the calamine cream. “Oh and I am here to pick up a stray nurse.” He added.

Hyunbae look towards the doorway. Marge manages to finish cleaning just in time and was glad to hear UJ at the door.

“Oh! Thank goodness your back!” she said. She was so relieved his friend is back. “You got the cream?” she asked him.

“Yeah, gave it to him actually. Go on nurse him!” He said teasing the two.

Marge turned to look at Youngbae, “You can apply the cream, it’s yours keep it.” She said.

She took her bag from the sofa and put her sodoku and pen back inside her bag.  She bid Hyunbae goodbye and bow before heading towards the door.

“Bye, thanks for letting me stay.” She said to Youngbae. 

“No problem.” He said and smiled at her.

“Wait, you won’t apply the cream for him?” UJ teased.

“J!” Marge hissed giving him a death glare.

“I’m fine, I wasn’t hurt that bad.” He said. “Thank you.” he added.

“We’ll go ahead.” She said and pulled UJ away before he can tease them even more.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay, how did you end up inside his unit?” UJ asked once they were inside their unit. “Tell me you two are back together aren’t you?”

“No were not, I was locked outside and he offered for me to stay inside. Nothing happened. His brother came we ate ramyeon that’s it.” She said.

“How did he get burnt? Did you distract him? Where you making out his hands slipped your waist and hit the stove?” he teased.

Marge was turning scarlet which was amusing him. “You did, didn’t you?!”  he exclaimed.

“We did not!” she said.

“Okay, okay, but if two are not together so this must be the first time you two hang out since Japan, so yeah this is pretty big.” UJ said.

“I am sorry to burst you bubble but no. I met him last night. He gave me concert tickets for 2ne1 concert, and this morning we went out for a run, we met accidentally while waiting for the elevator. This afternoon was purely coincidental and him being kind hearted. Were neighbours and like you said it is impossible for us not to meet each other. It’s you people who make it awkward.” She said.

“Wait so you met last night? He gave concert tickets, is that you two dating again? Is it like a concert date?” UJ asked.

“Yes, we met by accident, and to answer your follow up question no, no, no. The tickets were given by Dara.” She said. “Please just stop pairing us and over analyzing stuff. Youngbae and I are friends. Nothing more.” She added.

“Friends, that’s good. You guys are taking it slow, you know what they it always start out as friends.” UJ said and walked away humming a romantic tune.

Marge just rolled her eyes at him, and gave up arguing.  She threw herself on her bed. She felt the soft sheets and relaxed as her eyes closed slowly, then Youngbae’s stares, the kiss on the forehead then his lips slowly approaching her flashed before her like a video film reel. She opened her eyes and shook her head. She stood up and looks at her reflection on the mirror.

“Get a hold of yourself. Stop having those thoughts. You are leaving in less than a year’s time. It’s better this way no relationship, no strings attached.” She said to herself. “What the eff! I am like a crazy person talking to myself on the mirror.” she said shaking her head. She pulled her favourite medical surgical book and opens the chapter that she finds

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter