What should have been...

Starting Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Unnie, phone call from UJ oppa,” Hyejung said, and passed the phone to Marge.

“Thanks.” She said to Hyejung and took the phone, “Hey what’s up?” she asked him.

“Back to back procedure in every theatre and one staff short that’s what’s up. I won’t be coming home till later. I have been asked to stay for another 8 hours or until the procedure finishes. You can go ahead without me.” He said in tired voice.

“You sure? I can take a stroll and pick you up later.” She said.

“Nah, I will hitch a ride with Rina and the rest, they are all working afternoon anyway. Be a doll and make something nice for supper!” He replied.

“Okay then, have a nice~” Marge teased and laughed when UJ interjected him.”

“DON’T FINISH IT!” UJ interjected before Marge could finish her sentence, they have had this superstition in their practice.

“Right! Well, have fun then!” she said and hang up.

After their shift, Marge decided to go grocery shopping instead of heading home straight. It was drizzling a bit and she noticed her junior Hyejung walking along, she pulled over and called unto her.

“Hyejung-ie, where are you going?” she asked.

“The bus stop unnie.” She said.

“Well hop in I’ll give you a lift.” She said and opened the door.

“Thanks unnie.” Hyejung said as she got inside the car.

“Here, dry yourself off.” She said and passed her a tissue. “We have a packed towel in the backseat, well for cases like this, see if you can reach it.” She said smiling at her.

“Thanks unnie, you guys are prepared.” Hyejung said when she saw the packed bag.

“Just got into the habit of preparing ahead, so heading home?” she asked.

“Aniyo, I live with my mom so she asked me to get some stuff so I still have to go to the grocery and get some things for dinner.” Hyejung said as she dries herself.

“Really? Where are you planning to go, I am heading to the grocery myself.” She said

“Well it’s a bit far noona.” Hyejung said timidly.

“Hmm, let me guess E-Mart?” she said smiling.

“Neh, You go there as well?” she asked.

“Yeah, actually I am on my way.” She said.

 “Chinchall? Oh what a coincidence. We can go there together.” Hyejung said.

“Uhuh.” She said.

“It must be fun living on your own unnie.” Hyejung said.

“Well it has its perks, but its more comfortable living with your mom.” She said.

“Unnie I never knew exactly where you and your friends live, do you all live together.” Hyejung asked.

“Yeah, we do. We were all offered our own flat but we preferred to live together, we figure out we will be having sleep over most of the time so we might as well all live in one unit but separate bedroom.” She answered, but she didn’t gave what district she lives’ in.

“That sounds like fun.” Hyejung said,

While the two were talking Psy’s song what should have been have been playing and Marge heard some of it and related to the lyrics.

“Hyejung-ie, you know who sang this song?” she said and nodded towards the radio.

“Hmm, that is Psy oppa, the one who sang Gangnam Style. Why?” she asked.

“Nothing, the song is nice.” She said.

“Neh it is. Noona you seem to relate with the song, but it’s impossible it’s about regretting a break-up.” She said looking at her.

Marge fakes a smile. “The melody is nice.” She said.

The song was crushing her. Every line exactly points out to her right now, her overreacting, and her being miserable right now. Thinking what could have been if she stayed and listened instead of walking out.

“Your right. The girl broke up with the guy, and the guy regretting he didn’t do anything.” Hyejung said.

Marge thoughts went back to the night they have broken up, her heart getting more and heavier with every thought. Marge could feel the dark cloud above her head. Her hands griping the steering wheel tighter as regret once again started to creep in.

“Unnie are you ok?” Hyejung asked she notice that Marge has been quiet.

Marge had heard Hyejung mumbling but she wasn’t really paying attention, she felt sorry about it.

“Mianhe, I was thinking of something.” She said.

“Is something bothering you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter