Final Friend

Anonymous Friend (친구) - Advice Column

 

♬♬♬♬

Dearest Readers,

It was such a pleasure and honor to hear your stories and be able to help you out with my letters. I wish I could continue this advice column but I feel as if I no longer have the time to do this. I don’t want to make you guys wait an entire month for me to reply to your letters and I don’t like the idea of having a co-author simply because I know that we both will have different views on things. I apologize if you guys may think of this as me being selfish but this is just how I view things.

It gave me the utmost joy when some of you wrote back to me telling me that I have helped you guys out whether it was something small like a misunderstanding to a bigger issue such as suicide. I never expected to get so many letters from you all but each and every one has taught me so much as I hope it has done the same to you all that have read it or wrote it. I’m filled with such pride with the fact that this advice column has come this far. Just because this advice column has ended, doesn’t mean that this is the end.

With this advice column, I was able to befriend and get to know so many of you. We may have talked once or more, some of us still talking, but each conversation was memorable(:

I wish you all the best that life has to offer, the brightest smiles, the kindest hearts, and the best of friends that are there for you. And with the start of a new year, who says that things can’t or won’t get better?(:

One thing I want to tell all of my friends, whether you have a problem or just a bad day, are these quotes that I live by that manage to get me through each and every day:

“No matter how difficult and hard something is, I will always be positive and smile like an idiot.”

“When one door closes, another one opens.”

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”

“Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”

“Treat others the way you want to be treated.”

“Don’t stay behind in the past, for time is meant to be traveled forward.”

I remember having so much more things to write for this final letter and yet here it is, only 460 words exact.

Who knows? Maybe we will cross paths once again and maybe this advice column will reopen. Take care, each and every one of you, and have a happy life(: Wishing you the best,

~(Chingu) 친구