48th Friend

Anonymous Friend (친구) - Advice Column

HurtingSoMuch: okay so about less than a month ago, my knee started hurting to the point where i ALMOST couldn't walk, it got better for a day or so then it came back and HIT ME so hard I had to limp!
My mom still wont/hasnt made/make me a doctors appointment and it happened out of NOWHERE. i can't even dance to my favorite kpop songs, hell, I can't even run!
I need help, please :(

Friend: Dear HurtingSoMuch,

If you’re knee has been hurting to that extreme, you clearly need to see a professional doctor for this. If your mother hasn’t made a doctor’s appointment, then you need to make sure that she does. Tell her how serious the matter is; how it hurts to walk and it’s gone to the extreme of you limping. She may be busy and say that she’ll do it later, but stand your ground and tell her that you need her to make an appointment now. I, myself, don’t know how serious your condition is, maybe you just had a little muscle spasm of some sort, but better to be safe than sorry and treat this matter before anything happens or gets worse. If your mother doesn’t believe it to be a serious case, then maybe an official notice will be a red flag for her (like the one I mention below).

If your mother continues to neglect the issue, I recommend going to your school’s nurse. Your nurse can give you a brief overview and will have to write you a doctor’s slip, meaning that you are strongly advised to go to your family doctor for him/her to check on your condition. Seeing an official signature and recommendation from a professional can open your mom’s eyes as to how serious the matter may be and for her daughter/son, she’ll want the best and take you to a professional.

Another option may be nutrition and diet. Sometimes if you don’t’ drink enough water or eat enough of something, your body takes its toll on you. Make sure you are drinking enough water, eating enough vegetables, etc. Your body needs to take in all the vitamins and nutrients it needs to survive and function, one of them being the ability to walk. Don’t starve yourself and try to not skip out on any meals HurtingSoMuch(:

I'm so sorry for replying late to your letter >_< I really do recommend seeing a professional physician about this HurtingSoMuch. Hope everything goes well!(:

~(Chingu) 친구