31st Friend

Anonymous Friend (친구) - Advice Column

iaminspirit : Ok...i have a new guy friend...and be honest..i stalk him even when we are in the first semester...i do love his cheerful and bright side..until..i got his phone number and we are always text to each other..okay..my problem is..when i going out with him..i really want to tell him how much i like him...but..my heart and mind tell me to not too....
'nO..He's your friend....you will ruin your friendship...'
this is what i've been thinking of...and i even can feel that we are not destiny together....i told my other friend about this..and they said that nothing is impossible in this world....if we are meant to be...we are...but..why do i feel being together with him is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE?? even though i really want to tell him how much i adore him....?? what should i do???? my naughty friend told me that i should just tell him which hell no!! and never! help me!!!!

Friend: Dear iaminspirit,

Don’t ever automatically assume you have no chance with a guy because I’ll tell you something: every girl out there has a chance, whether it may be big or small, with any guy out there(: Don’t sell yourself so short!

Seeing as you guys have hung out before, your relationship with him isn’t bad! If you keep your feelings bottled up, then they’ll remain that way and no one will find them. You guys seem like you’re already on a good start as friends nonetheless, so I think you have a chance of moving up from there ;)

The way I see it, if you’re really worried about losing your friendship with him then keep it the way it is right now as just friends. Being friends is nothing bad and you might be happier with that simple relationship(: Being friends with someone can be so much better than being in a relationship, both have their advantages.

However, if you really can’t hold in your feelings and you want to confess, I have to warn you that your previous friendship might be over. The minute you confess your feelings to someone, things will change. Sometimes the change might be small and other times it may be big, it all depends on the person. Some cases the two move on and forget it ever happened and continue with their previous friendship. Other times the two will end up feeling so awkward that they drift apart. Please really think through with your decision iaminspirit.

The advice I recommend is to try and be close with him. No I don’t mean become his stalker and follow him home. I mean to stay by his side and show him that you’ll be there for him when he needs it(: Guys like it better when they know a girl can be his friend first and not someone who flirts with them every second they get. The long lasting relationships always begin at the friend zone. After some time, the guy then realizes how good of a friend the girl is, and can only imagine how great of a girlfriend she can be. So being a friend or someone he can trust can really be a great start to a new beginning(:

Don’t let something like “destiny” say you two aren’t meant to be! After all, we can always change our destiny to whatever we want it to be, we just have to work hard for it ;)

Hope everything goes well for you iaminspirit(:

~(Chingu) 친구